Womens Running

Super Duper Weekend (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

DD has forensics meet so has to be at school by 6am.  Will go from there to pick up a friend and head out (with headlamps and flashlights and yaktrax) to state park.  We'll see what we run on. Weather has warmed up but we did get snow.. which makes it ideal.  Warm mid 20's and snow covering the ice.  I'm not saying that sarcastically. I prefer snow over plain slick surface.

Super 5k tomorrow morning.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Waiting to run. We are having the laundry room floor done today. No puppy pool they moved it to tomorrow as they have an event today. It is raining so I'm in no hurry and can wait.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Happy February all! One month closer to spring.

Beautiful here! I'm going to do an hour on the trainer this morning in between loads of laundry, then 5-7 miles this afternoon outside in weather that is supposed to be near 50 degrees. And not a cloud in the sky. Woohoo. It's supposed to be over 50 for my long run tomorrow.

Lisa, hope DD has a good meet and you have a great run.

Marjorie, yea for new floor! That can much such a big difference in a room.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  January is over, yay!  That month sucked for us.  Kitty death, hubby's lung nodule, fibroids so big I look pregnant, etc.  At least February will bring my surgery, woot!  4 or SRD, depending on time.  I'll go to the expo with hubby later, a movie, car shopping, etc.

Karen, yay for the boat selling.  Enjoy your run.

Tessa, yay, Friday!  BTW, hubby and me registered for the Disneyland Half so we'll come your way in August.

Lisa, 6am?  Yikes.  Hope your run went well.

Marjorie, enjoy your run and your new floor.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Good morning!  I did nothing active yesterday unless you count shopping while I was killing time.  I was able to get back to my cabin yesterday afternoon.  Sweet! Today, I'm going to  walk n the hills today and if that goes OK thru next week, PT said I can start  trying to run a minute or two the following week.

Lisa, good luck to your DD and enjoy the snowy run!

AG, that's great news about your boat!

Marjorie, back a few days...I've thought of a curtain, but keep holding out hoping someone can figure out a cabinet or something. It'll prob be a curtain.   Enjoy your new floor.

DR, I hope Feb is a better month!  2013 wasn't a great year for me and so far 2014 is looking up!

Hi to everyone else. I read last week and thought of comments, but they aren't in my brain now.

Have a great day!

Happy weekend everyone!  And happy February!  Getting ready to head out to meet RC for a LR.

Lisa, If those running conditions make you happy, then I'm happy, haha.  But makes sense that something on the slick surface would make it a little less slick.

Marjorie, hope the new floor goes smoothly.

Karen, I saw yesterday that you're inching closer to selling the boat.  Yay!

Damaris, I bet you won't miss January much, ugh.  Have a great run and a great weekend with DH.

MTA Hi Camille!  Cross posted

Be back later!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Just 4.1 but it went okay. Didn't want to push. My hips were sore this am and at Pilates yesterday. They feel fine running but I know I need to still be careful.

Karen I'm excited even if it is the laundry room. It is already looking good. I'm still confused as to why the builder put two layers of linoleum down in the laundry. They did that in the kitchen too. Just madness.

Lisa as hope did did well

D I think it is fun we might have the same car. Let me know how it goes

Camille you probably can do a door. They told my dad he couldn't for his and he did it himself. Anything is possible. I'd just have to see it.

Heyya Gatsby.

I need to go shower. Dh needs to go pick up his glasses as he broke a pair and his new ones are in. As soon as I get cleaned up he can go.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Before.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Now. Still need grout but tile is in.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Fun in the snow!!!  Enjoy!

Marjorie - Love the laundry warm floor Smile

Karen - 50 degrees....wow....that is awesome running weather.

Damarias - What are your running tomorrow?

Camille - Nice on being able to start some running!

Gatsby - Enjoy  your LR!

Braved the weather and did the 8k today.  Temp was good....20's, but the roads were completely snow covered and slippery.  About 1 mile was about 2 inches of snow over ice....Over 500 runners, and was a really fun run tho.  I love seeing all the hardy people out there running, walking and smiling!!!

Carol

Hi again.  Back from 17.6 miles, some with RC and the rest on my own.  Beautiful sunny day, around 50 degrees.  That measly bit of moisture we received on Thursday hardly qualifies as rain so I'm still doing my rain dance.

Marjorie, very nice floor!  Of course, my first thought was, that's a good color, and won't show dirt, so won't have to clean as often.  But that's just me and my lazy ways

Carol, sounds like a fun race!  I'm sure there's great camaraderie out there.

Lisa, good run?

Off to Zombie Runner to check out fuel belts.  I also need a flask for energy gels.  For the Antarctica marathon, we can't bring any nutrition or fueling items on the course in their original packaging due to concerns about wrappers and other debris because it's so environmentally sensitive.   Which I understand, and in fact, one of my peeves is people who leave debris out on trails during trail races, like when they rip off the top of a Gu gel and just spit it out on the course.   People think there's a cleaning crew following them around on the trails?  Grrr.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Compared to white linoleum?  Yes Gatsby. Won't have to clean every day! ( We didnt clean it everyday and there were spots that wouldn't clean any longer---but having that color and being the way we come in everyday since it leads to the garage plus where the dog dishes are is perfect)

Marjorie

ginnyb

Really busy Saturday.  2 GD's spent night last night, we had 2 basketball games and swimming today.  ri I squeezed in a hair appointment too...gott all my hair cut off, feels great!   Oh and I did my WT today too, now I am relaxing in front of the TV enjoying a Diet Coke.

I took one of those silly quizzes on FB...this one was " what career should you be in"  Mine came in as an athlete.  Don't know how they got that from my answers.  I don't know why, but I love doing those silly things.

Lisa...I know what you mean about the snow, much better than plain ole' ice.  It has rained here all day today, so roads and sidewalks are a slushy mess.  After it gets below freezing tonight it will be icy in the morning I am afraid.  So glad that January is history!

Karen....glad your endorphins are raging!  That's a good thing.

Damaris....I hope the rest of the year is much better for you.

Marjorie....tile floor looks wonderful  We are debating getting our kitchen/laundry/1/2 bath flooring redone, it needs it badly.  I just can't decide what to do ...I can't spend too much money.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

It is a little after 6 a.m. Sunday and we got a beautiful wet snow overnight, so I am thinking I just may have to go out and try a run.  Hate the stuff, but it really looks like a fairyland outside there....no wind, snow sticking to everything, sooo quiet.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

It'll be lovely Ginny! Enjoy!  I have the Super 5k this morning. All football themed. Duh.

yesterday was a very nice run with us being the first in the park.  While waiting for friend to come out from her house I did one of those "quizzes" on Facebook. Turns out the career I should have is that of Astronaut.  Sort of felt that way as we stepped out into unmarked snow and me in tech gear with a fuel belt on no less. We both laughed at that. Pic above was from me laughing at how I wasn't tempted to sit on that bench during our run.

Ginny-we had that same mish mash of weather yesterday. light inch of snow in the morning to run in then heavy 4 inches fell which turn to mixed sleet then straight out rain so slush. But it snowed last night about an inch so hopefully the roads have traction. Is Calgon still in the take me away business?

Marjorie-love the new look!!

Gatsby-I carry packets but don't throw them on the ground. In fact, at North Country (the 50 miler) I kept picking up others garbage and then throwing it away at the next aid station.

Carol-woot for tough runners!  This 5k I'm doing will be a mostly non-toughies.  But that's okay.  Those of us "senior runners" get the chance to inspire newbies to the sport and that's fun. Show them how fun it is to run in snow.  Then eat hot dogs after (blech). They get a huge turnout but with weather may not be as much this year.. as in 1000+. I will get a football shaped medal and a beer glass and a race beanie for this one.

Damaris-Feb will be better!  Good luck today running Miami!!

Lisa