Womens Running

Wednesday (over 40) (Read 209 times)

camille2

Post away...

camille2

Just want to be sure everyone notes Tessa's miles of 3542 for the year.  Wow! Think she deserves the title and crown...queen of over 40's.

Karen, your improvement is remarkable in one year! Congrats and congrats on that 21+...imagine a flat course.

Jules,  ouch on the fall...take care..I did that once and it hurt a lot.

Hi to everyone else!

Have to take Mother to a dr appt so lots of driving today. I think I'll have time to run while I'm there.  I did run about 6 on TM (paused it to get a towel and it reset/lost info). It went OK. Funny thing...one of the staff members was on a TM with long pants and a fleece jacket on and it's a warm gym! I was raining sweat in my thin tank and shorts.  I asked her what was up with the jacket and she said she likes to sweat because it makes her feel like she's working hard.  Have you ever heard that idea?   I'm so indoctrinated to try to avoid it...maybe an idea I need to adopt...

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies!

Tessa - Those miles are awesome!!!  Seriously you rock!!!  On the Newtons being $, my DH got them on ebay for a good deal....I wouldn't have paid the $ for them...but if he wants to get them for me for a gift....Big grin

Camille - I don't know how old the person was on the TM with all the clothes...but after hitting menopause & the hot flashes that go along with it....I'm not a fan of overdressing LOL....

Off to work.....

Carol

LC Runs

Good Morning, back to the grind....

6 TM miles for me, nice n easy pace while watching the morning news!

Camille - we were 6 mile TM twins today ha ha.  I can not imagine running inside with all of that clothing on, I would probably pass out.

Carol - have a great day!

Tessa - awesome mileage for you whoo hoo

Karen - GREAT job on the race, you have accomplished so much this past year, congrats Girl!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi Camille

Hi Carol!

Laura yuck for tm but sometimes it is necessary!

Judy not cold her.  Was 61 when I ran.  Will be colder tomorrow though.

Karen poor doggie and the cone of shame.  Hope he is better soon.  Awesome FP AG

Tessa gl to ds and using the bike again.  Great job on the miles.

Which thread are we using?  I'll lock Judy's.  I did 10.8 today.  The people behind us dog barked since 350 am so just got up and ran.

Marjorie

Good Morning!  Did Group Power class before work.  Our gym has a page where you enter your workouts, it calculates your points, and ranks you against other gym members.  Today I am FIRST!!!  WOOHOO!!!  Won't last long, but it is fun to be first.  I finished the year in fourth place.  Silly, I know, but I like to see those points add up.

WOW TESSA!!!!!  Amazing mileage!!!  I will let Randy know--he is a numbers nerd.

Carol--my friends are signing up for HIM Augusta in September, so I think I will train with them.  Registration is already over $300!!!  Ouch!!

151 pounds here.  NOT happy about it.  Until October I had been consistently 148.  Don't know what happened.  I would love to stay around 145.  My friend brought me a rum cake yesterday.   Just what I needed.  A whole cake.  IDK if DS2 will eat it or not.  If not, I may have to bring it to work and leave it in the break room.

Have a great day!

Linda

Tessa:  That is amazing mileage!!

Karen:  Congratualtions.  I knew that you were going to meet your goal.

Camille:  You are a good daughter Smile

I have 5 easy on the agenda, today.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, congratulations! Sub-22 is an amazing achievement. And first in AG, excellent also, especially considering how you did last year.

Congratulations also on getting into Megatransect. It sounds gorgeous. Truth be told I miss the days when most races didn't attract that many registrants. Nowadays you have to jump at the registration as soon as it opens. Remember the Last Chance for Boston race? No way Boston would stay open that long now.

Camille, no, I wouldn't wear long sleeves and long pants in the gym. I presume that they heat it. And she's probably sweating more so that she can weigh in lower...

If she wants to feel like she's working hard, there's a simple answer. Work hard. You'll feel like it. And you won't have to have any outside assistance from a fleece jacket!

Carol, agreed. I sweat plenty anyway. No need to help it along.

And cool on the Newtons being a gift!

Laura, I think most of us are back on the workmill today too...

Marjorie, ouch on the dog behind you barking starting so early. Was he locked out, or maybe there was a big dangerous menacing squirrel in the yard or something?

Susan, congratulations on being first in the gym! Keep it up.

Mmm, rum cake. How about taking it to church and putting it out for coffee hour? That's one way we can usually get rid of all leftover treats.

Linda, enjoy the 5 easy. I hope it's not as windy there as it is here.

And because it is windy I skipped running this morning, will fight my way through the resolutioners to a TM at lunch. Note to self: bring own towel, chances are the gym will be out. The washer and dryer have a habit of giving up in times of stress, and this is one of them. Fortunately there is now a Target next door to the gym so whatever one forgets can be acquired quickly!

Happy runs and a happy 2013, everyone.

Tessa

Anonymous Guest

A couple things that I can remember from yesterday:

Tessa, amazing mileage this year! Congrats. Is this your highest or have you run even more in a prior year?

Julie, great job on the 5K! Hope the tailbone is feeling better.

Gatsby, the year I ran Shadow was when I was coming back from injury, beginning my slide into being overweight, on a horribly low amount of miles. As my second ever 50K. It hurt at times, but I had a wonderful time. I'd like to go run it again one of these years now that I'm in better shape though.

Good luck to all the weight loss peeps. Carol I think mentioned myfitnesspal. That's what I use and I highly recommend. That said, what works for me may not for you, so good luck to all of you in figuring that out.

Oh, and for those that asked, I did get out of the NYE party. After nearly a week of a migraine, I still wasn't feeling 100%, so I begged off. DH went to let them know we weren't coming and saw there were only 5 people going, so I sent him by himself. He had fun, and I went to bed at 10.

And from today.....

camille, that is a little strange. I can't think of a reason to run overdressed like that unless training for a hot weather race like Badwater in a colder climate. Hope you get your run in.

Carol, be careful breaking in the Newtons. I think my tendonitis a couple years back was a result of both overtraining and trying out a more minimilist shoe too much too soon. I know one friend that runs in Newtons now that started out wearing them just for a mile or two at a time, and then switching to her old shoes.

Morning and nice runs, Laura, Marjorie and Linda.

And nice workout crazysue! Man, IM and HIM races are expensive!

My legs are a little stiff and sore from yesterday's race, so I think I will just do an easy spin on the bike after work. Tired today, the dog was up pacing a good part of the night. Couldn't get comfortable. Does not like the e collar, but what dog would? He keeps running into the walls when going around corners. Stitches don't come out for two weeks, which seems like an awfully long time of this. Pic of poor Jake:

Thanks for all the kind words on my race yesterday. It felt really good out there. Funny after about 1/2 mile in I was having trouble breathing and thinking there was no way I was going to do well, then looked down at my garmin and I was under a 6 minute mile pace! That explains it! Slowed enough to breathe and things went much better. Was just a tad overeager, I guess. Pic of my winnings:

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Disney freak

Today: Jazzercise (check)

Thursday: Jazzercise

Friday: SDO

Saturday: 6 miles

Next Saturday is my 10K.  Very excited!  Headed out to get some some new gloves today - my hubby's are too warm and my mittens let in too much air.

Tessa - that's some awesome miles for the year.  How long have you been running?

Camille - the jacket seems a little odd to me.  I'd be afraid that I'd get overheated too easy and pass out.

Carol - have a good day at work!

LC - 6 miles before work?  I'm impressed!  What time did you have to get up?

Marjorie - make sure you leave your neighbors a nice little note about the dog.  They may not have even been home, and the dog was saying, "I'm cold, let me in!"

Sue - I got lots of food gifts from my students right before Christmas.  I would take at least one or two bites, then toss it.  Then, if they asked me how it was, I could answer truthfully.  If sat on my desk, I would just pick at it all day.

Linda - have fun on your run! I can't wait until the day when I can say that 5 miles is an "easy" run.

Karen - your poor dog.   looks like he needs a hug.

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
                      • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
                      • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
                      • training for Big D half on 4/14
                      MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Camille sweating more isn't going to make much difference other than dehydrating.  Kinda like seeing those people running in space suit looking stuff when it is warm out.  Too uncomfortable and just yuck. I like to know I worked out but my body tells me by being tired or some spots being sore.  Extra sweat is not needed!

Karen poor Jake!

Tessa nope.  No squirrel. My 2 knuckle heads didn't react to the dog even when they were outside and it was still barking.  If a dog is barking about something exciting they are all over it.  If the dog is justbbeing a PITA, they ignore.  Our next door neighbor wasn't home (he is a deputy sheriff) and even though we are city and he is county he still would have said something to them.  He is a great guy and has done that for other issues in the neighborhood.

Lisa Marie, nah it was in the 60's and they were home.  I ran by there on my run this am.  The dog is not an outdoor dog.  They just don't care.  They rent the house and are pretty young.  They were probably passed out and just didn't hear the dog.  GL on the 10K

Marjorie

Knit queen

Knit Queen

Hi ladies,

Well I was a good kid today.  I went to the gym at 5:45am and did XX bike.  Went to knitting after breakfast and now understand why you use a provisional cast-on method to make edging.  After knitting, I ate lunch and then went for a 3.1 mile run.  I am slow still but at least I got out there.  Now I am washing all the sheets and need to hit the grocery store.

Tessa-way to go on the 2012 mileage.  That is impressive!

Camille2-  weird about the lady with all the clothes on.  Is it supposed to be like bikram yoga only running?

LC-  great job on the 6 TM run

Marjorie-  I wish it was 61 here, although I cannot complain because it was 52 when I went out running today

CrazySue-  join Carol, Camille and I on the weightloss challenge.  We weigh in on Mondays.

Linda-  nice 5

Karen-  congrats on your AG win.  You are speedy!

That's all from me,

Cheers,

Lisa

lisa

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Hi, I am home. I am exhausted, but I still need to teach Hebrew High tonight.

I have posted some pics on FB.

Tessa! Such mileage! I think my total mileage for 2013 was 1,430. Less than half yours.

Karen, a sub-22 in a 5K is just amazing! Congratulations.

Happy New Year to everyone else.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Hello all!

Thank you SO much for your "sympathies" with my little ice slip.  I went to the Chiropractor today and he worked on me.  MAN, did he ever have to adjust my back.   I guess I knocked a few things around when I landed on my tailbone.

Also - Thank you for the cheers on the Frostbite race.  I love the support in this group.  I won't be running any more this week, because when I jar my tailbone, it HURTS.  So, I'm going to give it a few days.

As for working on weight goals  - I'm here to support, cheer, offer suggestions, and commiserate if needed!    My major goal for the year is to maintain.  Due to several health issues, I've been given pretty stern "advice" from my doctor to stabilize my weight (translation: don't lose any more).  I'm not skinny by any means; my BMI is 23.4 ... but considering where I've come from, I'm at a great place.

Tessa - I loved your description of you at anime conventions.  What a Mom!!  I love it.  And AWESOME miles!  WTG girl!

LisaKQ - I'm a January baby too... 1/17/62  Hope your trip is nice!

KAREN - I'm SO doing the happy dance for you!!  ~\0/~  (that's a girl with pom poms).    First in AG!!  More happy dancing!!  ~\0/~

Oh... and poor Jake.  I hate to see any dog have to go through that.  But, I know y'all are giving him plenty of TLC.

Camille - I think that "need to sweat" is crazy.  All you have to do is watch  your heart rate to know whether you're working... lol  But, it certainly hearkens back to the days of "fat melting" belts for waist and thighs... lol

Sue - 1st in the gym!  Yeah!   Our gym does that too.  It's fun to watch where your name is on the list!

Lisa-Marie   - I already have my pom poms warmed up for your 10K!!   woo hoo!

Have a great evening all!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

ginnyb

Good evening,

have not posted lately because I have not been doing anything runningwise!  Did the TM Sunday and have not been back.  Roads are still terrible here, lots of ice.  If I could run mid morning the roads are pretty much just wet with icy spots, but early predawn  everything is a sheet of ice!  Will hopefully get up and go to the gym again tomorrow morning, I am already dreading it!  Have to get a better mindset.

Karen...congratulations on your time, I posted on FB.  Poor Jake, he looks pathetic!

Tessa...wow on the mileage!  Mine was probably 1/8 of yours if that!  I have been meaning to ask you this...how the heck do you read on the TM, doesn't the print keep bouncing around?  I need to try it, but I can't imagine how it works.

knitqueen...I have not been able to master the provisional cast on.  I have tried and I just don't get it!  You had a busy day with the running , biking and knitting!  My 6 year old GD requested a pink shrug on Christmas Day, so I have started one for her, pretty boring stockinette, but she will like it.

Amy...welcome back.  I saw the pictures on facebook!  What a special time.  I bet you are tired.

Marjorie...it was 7 here this morning when I got up...I would love your 60!

Hi to LC, camille, carol, sue,Linda and Lisa Marie.  Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Ginny

Oh yeah, I had my new stove delivered New year's Eve.  Went with the gas with a bigger oven than I had before.  I love it!

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15