Womens Running

(Over 40) Trade off Thursday (Read 18 times)

ginnyb

I didn't sleep well last night, so opted to sleep in a little this morning, so no run for me today.  Going out with a friend after work, so I won't be doing any exercise today...

camille...glad you saw signs of Spring, none have showed up here yet and we are getting snow flurries this morning too.

Judy...great that you are seeing results from you hard work!

Lisa...have fun in NYC!  I like the medal.

Julie...stick with us and you will be running Half Marathons and more, no doubt.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Good Morning!  Slept a little late this morning and went for a 6 mile run.  Felt better than Tuesday, but still not 100%.  I think I am still catching up on sleep after two weeks of coughing.  I had to stay late at work the other day, so I can leave at the regular time and still have enough hours for the week.

Cindy--sorry about the root canal.  Would valium take the edge off?

Tessa--the only things in DS2's room were an awful twin bed (someone actually picked it up off the curb--guess it is better than no bed) and boat parts.  Got a new double bed for the smaller bedroom and will paint it this weekend.  Progress.  I keep talking myself through the process as if I am running a marathon.  Just keep moving!

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 10.4.

Judy it was nice and crisp.  47 feels like 41 and dark etc.  But it went well.

Julie I took off your double posts.  RA must have been giving you a hard time today!  The tone with the 3 of us currently on the board is SOOOO much better in just one day.  It is great.  I was able to start some good ideas going.  WE can do so much when we don't have some nay sayer that questions every damn thing.

Good luck with the trip and race Lisa.

Laura I think the new flooring will be awesome.  I'm going to leave a bit early today and stop to get a nice area rug to put under the bed and may just have to get some new linens.  The new linen place by us is having a big sale and the bed skirt is getting tattered on DH's side.

Camille no problems here.  Usually when things hiccup Eric is updating something.

Cindy wow Root Canal right away.  They must have had an opening or something.  But now the nerve is out you should feel a lot better.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Julie only minor strength training.  The guys installing the floor will move the dressers, mattresses and the bed.  But have to say taking half my cloths out of the closet was a task.  I HAVE A  LOT of STUFF!!

Ginny we are in full spring. Our grass is already turning green.  DH has mowed once in the back and will need to mow again.

Somehow my dad has decided I"m planning his wedding!  WTH?  Seriously.  I have not even met his fiance and he wants me to plan it.  And, up I'm in SC they are in MI and I don't have a date.  I don't mind helping but wow.  They will do the church as they've already started that and it is just for the very immediate family but the reception will have everyone.  Wholly hell, I don't even know how many people.  I know I'm good at planning but for someone that I know would make it a lot easier.

I also totally blew my twins mind yesterday.  Apparently dad has not told him that much.  He knew he was engaged.  But didn't know the details or how long he had known this women or that it was going to be in the next few months.  Dad wants the reception at the place SIL parents had their 60th wedding anniversary party.  He didn't know the name so I messaged her to ask.  She then said she knew dad wanted  to have a party, what type of party was it.  So I told her it was for the reception.  She said she knew very little so I then threw in some details about selling the house and them moving to Florida.  Twin called me 5 min later and I spent an hour filling him in.  Apparently he had no idea or that dad was putting the house up for sale.  Yep, it was a good opportunity for me to say you know you live 20 min away and you should ask some questions and spend some time.  He may actually get to meet this women today.  He hasn't met her yet either.  I also think he is very upset that he is moving that far away.  Twin is a home body.  He lived with my parents until a few months before he got married and even when in college.  So he is used to having family right there.  Being they will be so far away and only back in MI a few times a year, he was not that happy.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, I bet your SIL read your twin up one side and down the other because he didn't know anything either! Between his wife and his sister applying gentle pressure he should get to your dad's home and find out what is going on. Planning a wedding reception for someone you don't know? Yikes! Good luck. I mean, do they want cake and punch, or a full on dinner? (Buffet is much easier than plated.)

Nice on the new flooring. New linens too? Woo hoo!

Lisa, glad the confirmation went so well. All packed? Sounds like a fun race, especially the running around the world. Actually, if you keep track of mileage, you are probably not far short of having run the distance around the world. Safe travels!

Karen, you're missing World of Asphalt? Where is it this year? And yes, I turn 50 before Hatfield-McCoy. New AG!

Carol, wise words here. Add back in some of the activity calories and concentrate on protein. You're not vegan, are you? Greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, beans and lentils, chicken -- skinless thighs are not much fattier than skinless breast and they have more iron.

Laura, we do have a guest room...just saying...

Ginny, how are the gums? I am surprised that you were told you needed to have your wisdom teeth out now. I've resisted having mine out and I don't think I would do it at my age.

Cindy, hope both the hammie and the tooth feel better.

Julie, you can get to the half distance...no problem...

Camille, by bringing everything, I presume you mean everything for the wedding. Do they have guest rooms or are DD's friends planning on camping?

Judy, good work on building muscle!

Susan, glad someone took the bed from the curb! What are you donig with the motorcycle parts?

5.6 with RN this morning, we went a little further than usual. Glad I did because I may not get a run at lunch. Not happy about a conference call being scheduled at 3:30 Eastern which means 12:30-1:30 for us.

Happy runs!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa actually SIL hates my dad so I doubt she read the riot act.  But I do know that I think I shocked her because she didn't know and twin had to say he had no clue as to what she is talking about.

Yep new bed comforter and shams and bed skirt unless they look bad but I can usually find something good.  $300 comforter sets with shams, and decorative pillows and skirt for $100 heck yes, I'll be looking hard at those.

I had to laugh when talking to twin as he was hmmm maybe dad needs to get a prenup.  Um, sure.  No way in heck would anyone ever convince him to do that.  Twin wasn't that upset about the scammer but he is now getting worked up that dad has someone his own age and just moving too fast.  How is that as bad as a 27 year old person in a foreign country he hasn't even met?  No perspective at all.

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Hammie feels better today but still sore, so no run until Saturday, depending on how it feels. I went and took a look at a charter school as a possibility for DS1 - he has had a tough year this year, and I can't help but think he might be better served in a more active, hands-on environment.

Thanks for all the good wishes on the root canal. I was lucky - my tooth had cracked underneath a crown, but we caught it early, before it really started to be painful. And I didn't have any pain from what they did on Tuesday.

Marjorie - wow, planning a wedding reception for someone you've never met! That would be tough. The new floors and linens sound nice.

Laura - nice TM run - I know you're looking forward to running outside more.

Judy - I think I would have to do a lot of jumping to remove the fat pads from my hips!

Lisa - hope you have a great trip and a good race. Hope the weather cooperates.

Julie - between the crazy schedules for work and the kids, my core training has taken a real hit. I'm sure I'll be very sore when I get back to the class.

Camille - the retreat looks beautiful! And not too far from where my MIL is - a beautiful area.

Karen - hmmmm, you're calling others enablers? Hello pot, have you met kettle? Wink

Ginny - bummer on the lack of sleep. Sounds like you could use a day off.

Crazysue - no need for painkillers, thank goodness. It was really more my phobia that was the issue - my hands were shaking! The next part of the process will make my jaw sore, so I'll take ibuprofen before I go.

Tessa - I always hated lunch meetings when I worked in an office. I like to get out during lunch.

Speaking of lunch, off to eat and do some domestic XT. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

Tessa...my teeth are terrible still, or lack of teeth I should say.  Still quite a bit of pain on left side.  I had them out because they were both decayed and already had big fillings in them, not worth saving.  Called the dentist today and they said they would expect me to still be in pain, at my age.....she apologized for that remark, but I took no offense!  So...I guess I just wait and see.  I feel like such a baby, but I was in tears this morning, just tired of it I guess, I want to feel normal again.

Marjorie...so jealous of your springlike weather!  Still snowing.

I am thinking a margarita tonight along with 800mg of ibuprofen might just fix me up (Im not driving).

Karen...talking about AG's...will you still be in your area in 2014?  I am seriously considering my 2nd and maybe last marathon to be the Marine Corps....I will turn 65 that October, so it will be new AG for me...just thinking about it.  I also know that it is hard to get in, so I don't know.

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Jeeze.... I'm sorry about all of that nonsense with the double posts.   My screen froze as I hit "post", and I tried closing it, saving it, refreshing it, copying it..... you name it.   It finally just "un" froze.  Thanks you, Marjorie, for taking them off...even *I* don't like to hear myself talk THAT much.  Shocked

Julie I took off your double posts.

Just finished 3.7 on my "medium" run today.   woo hoo!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

runlikeagirl18

Ginny - is it possible that you have a dry socket on that side? Where the blood clot washes out and leaves the bone exposed? I had one when I had my wisdom teeth out, and it was quite painful - until they packed it with a bit of gauze soaked in clove oil. Maybe they should check? I know you were a dental hygienist, so I apologize if I'm telling you something you already know.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Ginny--I find that the older I get, the longer it takes to recover from dental procedures.  Sad

Tessa--BOAT parts.  DS2 sold the old boat over the summer and bought a 23' Mako (open with a center console).  He has been fiberglassing and sanding and sanding and sanding.  Primer went on last weekend, so he is ready for the real paint.  All the hatch doors, panels, lights, motor cowling (large motor cover is about the size of an upholstered chair), etc are in the "guestroom" now.  Once he gets it painted he can start putting things back on.  I am hoping the motor cowling can go into his room now if there is enough space so it can leave my sewing room.  He is worried that parts may "walk" from our carport so he keeps them inside.

Cindy--glad the dental work went well.

Later!

ginnyb

Cindy...Oh I definitely think it might be a dry socket, but they don't seem to think so, BUT if this isn't better tomorrow  they will see me, I am not going over the weekend without being checked.  Dry socket's are usually extremely painful and mine isn't that bad, but I still think that may be the problem.

Ginny

Anonymous Guest

Ginny, maybe. The last DH heard from his boss was that he was on track to move either 4th quarter 2014 or first quarter 2015. If we're still here we'd love to have you! I'm hoping when it gets closer we'll have a better idea of when, but honestly, a job could come up that they think he's the right person for next month, or next year. And in this economy, when they have closed down a few smaller places already and said "we'll try to find you a job at the new place, but we can't guarantee it and we won't pay to move you", if something were to come up, he'd pretty much have to take it. It's kind of stressful, as he's in a part of the business that is selling off other parts of the business, and they are basically running out of places to sell!

Crazysue, I've been trying to declutter our two guest rooms and man, is that a long and tiring process! Impressed with all you're doing, and I know you'll be happier as a result.

Marjorie, you're the wedding planner too now? Geez. Well, it's probably fallen on you because everyone knows you'll do a good job. The "joy" of being the organized, responsible one.

Tessa, San Antonio this year. While I wouldn't mind a trip there, I've talked to a friend (old boss) a couple of times and it sounds like it's the same people doing the same things and causing the same problems as every other year, so I do not feel like I'm missing a thing! I've worked a lot of places, and this one definitely tops the list as far as dysfunction. Sorry for the disrupted lunch plans - people on the east coast don't seem to understand that the rest of the country, and the world for that matter, are not on their schedule.

Firmed up my Vermont City Marathon plans today. I signed up months ago, and used SW miles for a flight into Albany (3 hour drive, but I'd be renting a car wherever I fly, plus flights into Burlington are pricey now that AirTran doesn't fly there anymore!). Talked to my friend in Burlington and even though she'll be on vacation in Italy, she says I can stay at her place. She had offered a few months ago, so I talked to her today to give her an out if she had second thoughts or felt weird about it all and told her I was fine with a hotel, but she insisted. This is going to be a very inexpensive weekend - woohoo!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

LisaMMR - Sounds like a fun race....I didn't know you had a half coming up...and not on a trail Shocked   Hope you have a great time.

Julie - Thanks for the  info...funny thing, I have been doing alot of thinking/researching and did go get some protein powder to get some more protein in....  As KarenAG said, very enabling group...in a good way LOL....

KarenAG - Yep, you got it right, 1,200 a day (so already a few hundred lower than BMR) and a 1,200 deficit = not enough fuel, esp. based on how I am feeling....thanks for the advice....will eat some of those exercise calories.

Marjorie - What kind of floors did you put in?

Camille - You DD's wedding sounds wonderful....

Judy - I didn't know rodent legs could have little fat pads Smile  Sounds like your work out routine is really benefiting you!

LCruns - Hope this weather breaks pretty soon....hard to motivate going out in the cold at this time in the season....

Home late from work today no running or any kind of work out....

Carol

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

Was able to fit in 3 windy miles this evening, man it was hard.  So...6.5 for the day.

Camille -  are you "sure" spring is coming?   LOL Big grin   The wedding sounds like so much fun

Julie - nice strength workout yesterday, hope you got in your track run!

Karen - hope you enjoyed your SRD.  Sometimes I just plain forget to post, I still post on FB and RW so I can't keep it straight!   Enjoy your afternoon off tomorrow.