Womens Running

Muddy Monday Supermoms (Read 394 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning

RR - srd.  Meeting old RP at the gym for ST this morning.

TR - slept in till 8am!  Too bad O didn't.

TR2 - has discovered the word 'Why?'...

BR - up twice last night, and at 7 for the day, she also had two blowouts last night, I need to do laundry asap so that she has swaddling blankets clean.

FR- need to add up how many leftovers we have and clean out the fridge before I make a plan for the week.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Didn't go yesterday, was really tired from staying out late dancing and drinking Saturday night. Cleaned house yesterday, does that count?

BR: Full of piss and vinegar yesterday. Stayed up late Saturday night so he went down for a morning nap before 9 and slept 2+ hours and was bratty the rest of the day. He fell asleep around 4, I woke him after an hour so he would still go to bed at 7 and it was just one meltdown after another for 2 hours. Couldn't find one of his shoes this morning, need to check and see if its in the stroller or something- sent him to daycare in rainboots.

FR: yesterday was tortellini, tonight- something easy since I am cooking for 1 and trying to clean out the fridge. Maybe eggs and asparagus? My guts are rebelling after dropping a meat bomb on them after eating vegetarian for 2 weeks. Ugg, gonna have to be careful about what I eat in Vegas and bring a bunch of Gas-X with me.

NRR:  DH leaves today, I leave Wednesday. I have a 2 day workweek this week and a 4 day one next week due to MLK holiday. Booyah!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - I hated the Mississauga full course (boring, hillier than advertised in the last half)  but everyone I know is doing it, it's close to home and the date is better for me in relation to the other races I'm doing.  I have done the Miss. half and full once each and the Toronto full twice.  I like the Toronto course better (even though it's difficult to pace) and the finish area is nice and everyone is impressed by the gigantic medals.

eh - what seafood restaurant did you go for dinner?

jen - when I freak out over something DH does, he refuses to discuss it, which makes me freak out more.

mer - screw shoes don't do much on pure ice, they work best on snow, slush.

arm - the licenses up here expire on your bday, so it's pretty hard to forget.

mrszm - foreign adoption? my first thought was, ask Angelina Jolie.

cx2 - plan is 16 weeks.

jmm - what's your criteria for a sitter?

CA - oh no on the whys? B asked why once, DH and I were all, "oh shit, it is starting" but he hasn't asked again..yet.

spike - my bff has been veg for a long time now, and I think once she ate meat and it nearly killed her.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- Ugggggh.. I remember when my niece went through the "Whyyyy?" stage- so annoying!

runnergirl- R just eats the playdough when I give it to him. But then again he also likes to drink bathwater, so maybe I need to lower my expectations LOL. R is forward facing in my car- I got tired of him thrashing and screetching on any car trip over 15 minutes. I haven't gotten around to flipping the carseat in DH's truck yet.

zorbs- I was getting ready for a run the other day and looked at my ginormous pile of gear (Shoes, heavy socks, gaiters, tights, 2 shirts, sportsbra, jacket, reflective vest, gloves, GPS, Buff, Hat, Headlamp) and had to remind myself why I was bothering with all that LOL. Cute that he named his sheep Deedee. I thought your cat's name was DeeDee?

Ernie- I think we got all of your cold weather the last couple days- our high was 20*F, but with windchill it was more like 10*.

eh!- I've been rotating 2 pairs, they last longer that way, I think. Glad you had a fun time on your getaway!

Jen- sorry you guys aren't communicating. My husband is notorious for not talking to me about things that stress him out like changes at work and stuff, and I finally get tired of him being distant or snappish and get it out of him. Sorry J is sick again! Must be a 16 month thing because I went through the same thing with R.

Mer- R hasn't figured out "Mine" yet- his new phrase is "Me Now" which is his way of saying "I want" because he gestures with a grabbing motion with his hand- I always make him say please before he gets what he wants.

Armama- DH accidentally let his expire.. while he was a reserve cop. LOL

Mzm- Our FD chaplain adopted a toddler from Ethiopia 2 years ago.  DH talked to me about adopting a couple weeks ago, I just don't know if I'm into it. We'll cross that bridge later I guess.

cx2- R is forever trying to rip off my jewelry.

Jmmiller- good luck with your deadlines.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I ate both Tri Tip and Smoked chicken, plus the green beans had bacon in it...  my farts are lethal right now.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

rg - so fun, M loooves playdoh - she's playing it right now actually. We're supposed to get a warm snap this week also, it's going to be a slushy mess!

zorbs - good job on the progression run!

ernie - lmao on the ghetto car!! Hope you have a great run.

eh - sounds like a super fun night out!! I run in a few different shoes, what shoes did you buy?

Jen - boo on the sick kid Sad I hope he lasts ok at daycare. So sorry about you and dh, have you asked him why he shuts down or doesn't want to talk? My dh shuts down completely if I'm pressuring him, not that you are doing that, but maybe he's stressed about it and his way of dealing is to ignore the problem.

mer - boo to the intestinal issues, I have a lot of those from long runs, especially when I'm base building.

arm - hope the workout w/ the trainer is good!

mzm - having a RP to meet has gotten both her and I out in some crazy weather, neither of us want to be the one to bail, lol. My cousin has adopted two daughters from China. I think it was expensive and a lot of paperwork/red tape but they obviously love their girls now that all that is past.

cx2 - nice job getting out before DH goes to work, I'm contemplating doing that this week, if only the sun would come up earlier!

jm - I hope the sitter is great! When is your old one done?

spike - lol on going to daycare in rainboots! M's shoe collection was seriously sad this summer, she just had sandals that were all too small. Her feet grew 2 sizes in a couple months and all of a sudden her toes were hanging over the edge of her sandles - good thing it was summer!

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- R is having a major foot growth spurt, His 4's just started fitting well a few weeks ago and now they are getting tight again. Oh well, the lost leather boot means that his rainboots will have been worn more than twice. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy him size 5's and skip the half size.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - yeah M started the spring/summer in 4's and 5's and by fall was full on in 7's, and hasn't grown much since then - thank goodness, since I'd rather not have to buy more than one pair of winter boots.  I think she's basically only worn her rubber boots in the basement for dress up.

Marathonjen

Mer – too cute about J saying more words and stringing them together.  Great job on the runs this weekend.  Yuck to the end of the quarter.  We have conferences a week from today.  Ugh.

Arm – I hope L does better at MMO and that you get your butt kicked by the personal trainerJ  So cute about L and thank you.

Mrszm – Boo to DD2 losing her voice…that little girl can’t catch a break from illness it seems.  I hope C feels better soon…this is stubborn virus.  Glad you and DH had some meaningful conversations on your date night…I guess I don’t even know how to approach those with mine.  Yay for adoption!  You are right, I don’t like oatmeal but I thought I would try it.  It didn’t taste too bad but doubt I will make it again for myself.  I more or less tried it as something new to make J for his daycare breakfast.  I’ll make it for him tomorrow and see if he eats it.  Fit Club goes for 27 weeks or something…ugh.  I better focus…lol.

Ctimes – Glad C is napping better.  She is probably growing and wants to sleep a lot.  LOL to your DH…that is EXACTLY how mine is.  Seriously…you can’t talk to me?  Ugh.

Jm – Great job on the weekend runs.  I hope the new sitter works out for you guys.

CA – Sorry O was up 2x last night but glad M slept well.  Have fun STing today.  Yes, I know why DH shuts down…he told me when we started dating that he often needs time to process and think about a topic so he shuts down for awhile and then will approach it later…I am impatient…I can’t wait forever until he decides what I want to talk about is a priority…frankly I feel like the last thing on his priority list…work is always #1.  Our whole dinner conversation was about his work…it is ANNOYING!

Spike – LOL to your piss and vinegar statement…DH says that ALL THE TIME.  LOL to your FB post about DH and the cigar that is a deal breaker in my books too.  Nice on the short work weeks…I am jealous.  Have fun on your trip.  Are you packed yet?

Zorbs – Yep…that is totally us too!!  DH totally shuts down about things and I need to discuss them.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- R was almost a size 2 when he was born. He was tiny and had giant sasquatch feet, they hardly grew- maybe one size or one and half sizes over the past 16 mos. I'm interested to see how he turns out since DH has big, wide, hairy feet. He wears a 12W in boots and a 13 in running shoes. I have pretty small feet. 6.5 regular shoes and a 7 in running shoes, but R already has DH's build so he will probably take after him more.

superspike113

Honorary Old

jen- I started packing last night. DH is taking a suitcase so I just threw my extra shoes in there. I'm only going to be gone 3 days, so I'm going to do minimal packing. Short hair means I don't have to pack as many toiletries, either! I'm packing my "harlot" dress in case we want to go someplace dressed up. I dressed as a pinup girl for halloween with a dress I bought from Fredericks a few years ago, and our friend said I looked like a Harlot- so it will work for Vegas, right?

runninmer

spike - Are you going to wear the dress with your fanny pack?  LOL!  Sorry!  Had to!

jen- I started packing last night. DH is taking a suitcase so I just threw my extra shoes in there. I'm only going to be gone 3 days, so I'm going to do minimal packing. Short hair means I don't have to pack as many toiletries, either! I'm packing my "harlot" dress in case we want to go someplace dressed up. I dressed as a pinup girl for halloween with a dress I bought from Fredericks a few years ago, and our friend said I looked like a Harlot- so it will work for Vegas, right?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Jen - I'm like you, I haaate letting things go and having them fester.  I hope he decides to talk to you soon about things!!

Spike - O has tiny everything (well except for her rolly polly thighs)!  M had long gangly feet when she was born, they were hilarious!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- LMAO, no!  I thought I would take my spibelt to use when I go shopping. Keep my hands free for Lulu. I'm going to take a small zipped coinpurse to put my stuff in just in case the spibelt looks too stupid.

ErinLeigh

Good morningSmile

RR:  Scheddule says 6 easy, but super busy at work, so not sure how I'm going to fit it in.  Might be able to sneak out around 4.

NRR:  I sound like death.  I have a nasty cough that sounds like I smoke two packs a day which I'm sure my office mates LOVE.  Don't really feel sick, but I'm going to the doctor at work to make sure it isn't in my lungs.

FR:  I have a whole chicken in the fridge that I forgot to put in the slow cooker this morning.   Soooo...probably pasta or something quick.

KR:  We all went swimming at DH's gym yesterday (nice indoor pool), which might be why I have a cough.  The girls loved it though; especially Allie.  D was a little scared b/c she has only been swimming a couple of times, but she was a little better by the end.

Be back shortly for personals.

5K:  25:52; 10K: 57:53; HM:  2:01.10