Womens Running

Tiptoe On Ice Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Work has delayed opening to noon. Icy here.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday was 35 minutes running on the track, then 25 cardio when I got home.

Today I'll do a workout before going in to work at noon.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

No unnecessary travel on roads this morning....Library closed again!  I could scream, not that I am not glad to have a day off, but this weather is killing me!!  Really getting to everyone, even those who like this crap!

Had a great time in Columbus, but did not exercise at all.  For some strange reason I don't feel guilty about it for a change.  Won't be running today, that's for sure...Oh well..

Hi to everyone.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Hi Ladies,

We got dumped on here, too.  School closed today.  I still have to go to work.  Hoping the roads are better mid morning, since I have to travel 40 miles north.  It is dry and sunny, now, actually supposed to hit 30's today, so it should be okay in a few hours.

4 miles on TM, followed by lower body workout and then 10 minutes on the stair climber.  My buns are gonna hurt today lol

Judy  and Ginny - be careful out there.  I join you in being sick of this crap

camille2

Good morning!

Judy, Ginny and Laura, you have my sympathy for your weather.  Be careful out there.  Did I mention to the librarians that I went to my mom's library on Friday and it was closed and will be each Friday?  Their old hours were still on the website. It's the only day it's closed and seemed an odd way to reduce hours to me.

We hiked yesterday at Fort Mountain, a state park I really like here and the park where  Mystery Mountain Marathon is staged. I've only done the 12 miler there, but it was a favorite. The weather wasn't  as nice as initial predictions, but was OK.  There was still a surprising amount of snow on the trail from the storms last week.

I'm going to run 1.5 run today and walk to total 3 miles. Exciting stuff.  : )

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

So sorry you all are getting more snow. Yuck

really nice here today. Busy with work. Be back in a little while.

MTA. 7.2 miles. Pretty good run.

Ginny I know you cannot wait until the snow is gone!

Nice ce work out Laura.

Okay ay back to dealing with work drama. Another dept wrote a newsletter article and sent. It out. It is causing havoc because it is so confusing. We had to step in to make them clarify.

Marjorie

Good Morning!  Very warm and foggy here.  Drove to the next town to run on the bridge with friends.  Really stiff from leaf raking yesterday.  the bridge run was probably a good stretch for my glutes.

Wow Carol!! 1F??

Stay safe in the snow.  Ginny--I saw an ad that said yarn and needles were a necessary part of your storm supplies.  Maybe pick up some knitting or another project on snow days??

Smile

Anonymous Guest

Morning all (assuming I get this done and posted in the next 15 minutes and it's no longer morning)!

I have an easy 5 on the schedule tonight after work. It's supposed to get up to 51 today and should be pushing 60 later this week! In a meeting this morning I agreed to stay later on Thursday to get some stuff done, since I was going to be in late because of a dentist appointment. As soon as I got back to my desk I remembered I have 11 miles on the schedule that night. Since my dentist isn't until 8:30, I may try to just double instead that day, and get at least half of it done in the morning.

I forgot to post yesterday. It was a XT day for me. I did an hour and a half on the bike and it was tough. I had 5 10-minute intervals at what would be equivalent about to 10K race pace (on the bike it's what you should be able to do all out in an hour, based on a 20-minutes test). That last one was hard - my quads were not happy.

Back later for personals - I just got handed some stuff I want to get done before I go get some lunch, and I'm getting hungry.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Sue...I have been knitting a lot!  Lots of scarves, nothing too time consuming or complicated.  I get bored easily.

Just tired of being cold.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

It was such a gorgeous afternoon here-the afternoon we expected for yesterday's hike. 60 degrees! It's hard to believe we had an ice/snow  6 days ago and hiked in snow just yesterday.   I hope it's coming north for the rest of you!

Karen, you're doing a lot of biking!  Great job.

Marjorie, good luck with the work drama!

I went to the gym to use the machines/exercises and then did my 3 miles at the park  with 1.5 running-no idea of pace. I have a little achiness, but none of the sharp catching pain. Things are looking up.