Womens Running

Picture perfect Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Not ready for fall yet but we are there.

Photos have to come from a webbased source.  There a few ways to do the same thing.

On Facebook, click on photo so that you're looking at the full picture, not just a small one.  Then right click.  A pop up box will appear with:

View Image

Copy Image

Copy Image Location

Save Image As

Email Image

Set as Desktop Background

View image Info

Couple of options. What you want to get to is the LOCATION of the picture.  Sometimes that pop up box has other information in but finding Image Info or Properties of Image would all include Location.

You can just click Copy Image Location (quickest way to get the link) or you can click View Image Info.

With View Image Info look for the line that says

Locationhttps://...........  it will be very long. It is not the web address in the browser.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10342882_10204690429523920_8332334959542658401_n.jpg?oh=56ddef2229b3626cf8446c0217f30272&oe=54908239&__gda__=1417877295_eff51a8fdb4947c33118eddacbe0279a

Back on Running Ahead, begin to write a post, click on the little mountain icon, next to emoticon happy face. Paste in super long code, to where it says Source.  You can resize pic after it shows up here

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Great pictures!

Dr appointment went well. I did 60 minutes on the track in the afternoon.

I had some time to myself to work on my card file project in the evening. If I did not explain this before, this is the plan. I read a book that suggested keeping household tasks, appointments, etc. in a card file with dividers 1 to 31 for days of the month. Each task received its own index card and was filed ahead of its date. I used it in the past. It’s great now to help jog my memory about things I need to do, bills coming due, etc. since I work full time and work out each day. I just refile today’s card behind all the other cards and see what I need to do. I also have a set of month dividers for tasks coming up in the future months. My dear departed DH said that he would get me a tombstone carved as a card file with one card up saying, "Her card came up" as my epitaph.

Today will be a track run and then cardio.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa the pic Sue tried yesterday I loaded in yesterday's thread

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Thanks for the info on posting pictures....I have tried and have not been able to get things to post.  I am computer-challenged for sure.

Judy - Like the idea of the card file!

Have not run since Saturday.  Have picked up a virus/URI thing....it has made me so tired, achey, not too mention the coughing/sneezing...booo.  We are 2 weeks out from Grand Canyon, so I guess better now then later tho.  So am trying to take it easy/get some rest.

Hi to all!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I was MIA but last night I read everything.  Great races/pictures!

We had a great time in Boston (although it was a short trip).  My race went well.  It was an MP workout and I hit the MP miles and the last 3 fast even though there were 18mph winds.  I am happy.

I did 6 last night, 7 for tonight.

Lisa, I want Fall weather!  Send me some.

Judy, glad the doctor appointment went well.

Marjorie, hello.

Carol, feel better!

Also, for pics here, just open the picture in FB, right click it and click on Copy URL Link.  Come in and paste that link into the images section Lisa explained and it's here.  If you are using IE, same steps except that when you right click choose properties and copy the URL link as it appears in that little box coming up.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  4.75 this morning.  Ugh.  Back to hot and steamy.  Wanted to get in early to register for a race--Seaside HM in March.  Girls weekend.  so far I think 5 of us are going.

Thank you Marjorie!  I tried to load the pic from fb but couldn't make it work.  I have done it before without any problems.

Judy--I have just about everything in my planner.

BF gave me the cold that was being circulated around his work area.  Thanks, babe.  I am just hoping I haven't been spreading it around too.

Have a great day everyone!!

Docket_Rocket

Sue, hope your cold improves.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Carol and Sue....feel better.

Well I did have an abscess starting....a dissolvable stitch didn't want to dissolve and was working its way out and formed a little abscess, Dr. had to pull the stitch out...ouch!  Put me on antibiotIcs again.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 10.2. Very uneven sidewalks. Wavy is what I called it. That is kinda tiring with the constant up and down motions! Now sitting on the balcony watching the ocean.

I'd have run the beach but I find sand slippery. I did use the bike path several times and that was better. Part if the route doesn't have a bike path. I may use more bike path tomorrow to save the jarring.

Ginny ouch!

Carol feel better

Marjorie

camille2

Tuesday night race tonight and it isn't raining.  Surprise distance each week.

Marjorie, I find running on sand sounds better than it is.  Enjoy your trip!

Tessa, I've been doing Weight Watchers, mainly to  reset the weight I don't let myself go over. I'm hoping the lifetime weight will help.  Great run by the way.  How many steps did you get that day?

DR, nice job!  I'm glad you had a good race.

Sue, great quilt pic and a great pic of you, too!  Neat story.

Ginny, Sue and Carol, healing vibes!

Karen, nice run! Hope your foot feels good.

Hi Judy, Laura, Cindy, Lisa and everyone!

BTW, my deck is finally getting done. You may not remember my rant from June about the condo association not responding.  They still haven't despite a few proposals, but I found out from by-laws that if there's no response within 30 days, it's considered approved.  Good thing. The wood underneath was much more rotten than top.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa I stickied your instructions on adding a pic and added the link to tinypic as well.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

I went to the doctor for my foot today. He says if I have to have PF, I at least have the best-case scenario of it. Pain in one specific spot (which I didn't even realize until he poked his thumb in that specific spot - ow!) only, apparently it can be a lot more all-encompassing. He did one release maneuver on the foot, e-stim, and cross-frictional massage that hurt. He says I will probably be sore tomorrow from everything he did today, so not to freak out. I am supposed to continue wearing the sock at night and rolling and stretching and taping and all that, and he also said.....I can run as long as I don't go out and start doing a bunch of speedwork and stuff. As long as I take it easy, I should be able to run, and most importantly, run the marathons in October! I may still be dealing with the PF - it can take months to go away completely, but I should be able to cautiously run through it. This makes me so very happy. I am not even going to try a fast marathon until at least spring, I just want to be able to run.

DH is down in TX today for the pre-construction meeting on our house. They won't leave out the wall between two bedrooms like we want them to (to make one giant workout room for us) because they say if we back out that will make it harder to sell the house. We've offered more earnest money, so that if we back out, they'll have the money to put the wall up, but they don't seem very flexible. I'm interested to see what comes out of the meeting.

Judy, that made me laugh. Your DH was a funny guy.

Carol, definitely take it easy. You're tapering anyway.

Marjorie, bike path definitely sounds like the best option.

Feel better Susan.

Hi Lisa, Damaris, camille, Ginny! I need to stop typing and start working after being out all morning. I just had to share the "I can run" news with people that understand.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel