Womens Running

Thankful For Spring (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Virginia123, the storm is over, I hope. It was awful down here too.

Post. We are here to listen.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday was 25 minutes of cardio with my DVD.

Today will be a cardio/run DVD workout I think.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good Morning!  It didn't get as cold as predicted last night, I think the low was 40F.  Ran with one of the guys this morning.  He actually remembered to meet me!  Nice 5.8 miles.

Ugh.  Commissary after work.  There is no food in my house.  Not even milk and eggs.  Gotta break down and go.

Have a great day!  Tessa--sounds like you have been busy!

Anonymous Guest

Okay, 20 degrees feels so much colder after two days near 70 than it did a month ago! That walk from metro to my office was COLD this morning! At least we only got rain, no snow yesterday. Workout plans for today are an hour on the bike after work, then I may run a couple miles after on the TM and make it a brick. Just because I haven't been doing it and I'm racing a duathlon in a few weeks.

Think I'm going to sign up for Erie later today. Tessa, Santa Clarita might be an awesome "second chance to PR" marathon in November. What is the weather usually like for that one? Although I've learned that "usually" doesn't really mean much where the weather is concerned....

I'll check back later.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, Santa Clarita is usually reasonable -- 50s at the start and 70s at the finish -- though it is the first Sunday in November so you never know. It could be pouring and 40s or Santa Ana winds and 80s.

Oh, and while you probably wouldn't win it, you would certainly have a shot at an AG win or placement. Although you're the same age as RN so you might well be going head to head against her.

Ginny, wow, Ohio can't catch a break this year, can it? Do you know the folk song "Bells of Norwich"? It's the one that talks about daffodils breaking through the snow and the repeated line is "All shall be well again, I know". Worth listening to on days like today.

Susan, glad your running buddy remembered to meet you! Good luck with the epic grocery shop.

Judy, enjoy your DVD.

Very relieved. I closed out DH's bank account yesterday and I was the beneficiary so all I needed to do was show them the death certificate and they cut me a check for the balance. His last Social Security payment went into the account yesterday so that's done, and I didn't need to wait for the estate to be settled which is what I was worried about. PSA: make sure you have updated beneficiaries on all accounts and insurances!

Did 4 with RN this morning, waiting for it to get light so I can go out for some more mileage. Then back to the garage. I have made a whopping dent in the mess. My trash can, and my neighbours' trash cans, and my recycling bin runneth over. I'm really glad today is trash day.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 7 miles this morning, first time doing 7 in two months.  And I remember last 7 was on an off day I felt OK, this one was good.  Slow, but good.

Judy, nice workouts.

Sue, no food in the house?  Hurry!  Nice run.

Karen, sounds like a plan.

Marjorie, glad you're no longer on that horrible board.

Tessa, sounds like you have been busy.  Glad the stuff is going easy, I have heard horrible stories about finances after the death of a spouse.  Nice 4.  And hugs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.2 for me today.

i made an appointment for ART next week.  Hope then I'll regain my hip range of motion. At least my pace today was back to my easy pace.

Ginny and Judy I hope all did okay with the storm.  It looks like it was bad.

Sue we didn't get as cold either but there were some really cold gusts this am when I was running.  At least I could wear short sleeves and I didn't come back frozen

Karen I'd guess that the wind was picking up and it made it feel colder too?

Tessa so true on updated beneficiaries.  And I'd add someone knows your passwords if you have stuff set up electronically such as bill pay etc so you can get those switched or name changed.  Getting some of my moms changed were really hard but at least most we had her passwords for.

Damaris, me too.  And the guy they put as president is going to be a really hard one to work with.  The new people just do not know how bad he is.  They will learn.  He forgets everything and is disorganized.  He was just on the board but not an officer when I was on.  Now that he is president, oh boy.  They are going to have issues.

Marjorie

Tessa--glad you were able to get the finances done.  Yes, I need to update....My will hasn't changed but it is over 10 years old and I think it was thrown out when the house flooded.  ;(  Kids can access the bank account online, but if I got hit by a truck tomorrow they would be in trouble.

Yeah, I just didn't feel like/have time to go to the store.  Wish I could get someone to do that little chore for me.  Commissary is near the quilting meeting tonight, so I am leaving right after work, DD is feeding Jake.  Should have plenty of time.  I hate wasting my weekend on grocery shopping.  Takes a half day if that is my dedicated trip.