Womens Running

Fantastic Friday Supermoms (Read 19 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

My nightmare came true. Dh is sick too. Luckily, I got sick with a head start at 2 am so I don't think I have much left to get rid of so DH can go ahead and hog the bathroom.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

spike- ugh, the stomach flu sucks! hope you're better soon, and that your DH and R stay healthy too!

zorbs- ah, hot tub- you're getting a lot of use out of that this week! the one at the gym always grossed me out, esp after the aquatics director herself referred to it as "ass water and ball wash." Dead omg, i'd freak out if R was still up that late, and no progress was being made towards bed time.

Bermy- enjoy your rest days, you've earned them! I can't wait to see you rock your 5K next week! hope the massage is awesome! I found a lady who is ridiculously strong for her petite size and gives the best deep tissue massage ever! that's so awesome that you're meeting so many new people! maybe I should take up knitting to broaden my social circle. There's an adorable yarn shop downtown, "Wooly Minded."

reh- great job on resting this week- your run back tomorrow will feel great! how's your foot been? mmm, I love to spend a whole day in the kitchen baking and cooking- what are you making? WOW on another baby- I feel like you have baby news every week. My official last day is the 29th, but I've been done with PT clients there since last week. it was warmer today- in the mid 30's. I wore capris and a LS and felt hot.

mrszm- hi!

CA- hope the spin goes well. lol on the frost bite- I've done that before. yay for a new Garmin! which model are you upgrading from? aw, M sounds so sweet. lol on O's appetite. R ate like a horse from about 12-18 months. seriously, the kid was eating 2-3x's as much as me! YAY for a week off from work!!!

stroller- yay for your parents coming this weekend- it's great to have the help. aw, H sounds so cute watching the snow! I can't wait to take R out in it this year. hope you can get a good run in today! we have a billion books- I've been reading to R since he was a month old- every night at bed time, and before his nap. lately he's been wanting to read in the afternoon right after he gets up from his nap too.

arm- hey! so cool that your neighbor runs. there's a lady around the corner from me who runs, but i'm not sure when she goes out, as I've yet to see her running. maybe I should *non-creepily* stalk her.... Hahaha on the new clothes- wrap one up for xmas, and wear the other one now. R will keep mittens and a hat on most of the time. I tell him if he takes them off we are done at the park and have to go home. that usually results in him putting them back on. aw, I hope that DD is able to make some close friends soon. yes, my last official day is the 29th, but I've been done there since last week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RR2- sooooo, I was deciding today on which local 5K to sign up for on Thanksgiving. The one that starts about 4 miles away from me is close, has about 1000 runners, and age group winners/placers get pies! But...... there is a smaller 5K about 20 minutes away that i'm considering running because MOLLY HUDDLE is going to be the official race starter!!! EEEK!!! She grew up here and graduated from Notre Dame HS, which is where the race will start.... so, do I run for a pie, or do I go meet the 12K world record holder, shake her hand and get an autograph?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I think we walked past that yarn store? DH was like, "there's a whole store...that sells NOTHING BUT YARN?!"

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

arm - I always have the problem of seeing nice things I want before Christmas, and I keep having to remind myself to wait for Christmas or at least the post-Christmas sales.  never buy anything full price before the holidays!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

RR kinda - massage was lovely - deep tissue - I have a weak left hamstring which I knew about but my orders are to make cotton bags of rice and put them in the microwave to sit on the muscle. My next craft project! Spike - I think you told me about that for R in the stroller?

rg - I would totally be all over that yarn shop. When I visit you (yes, one day I will), I will go there and knit with a hot cup of tea. I can teach you.it's way easier than running. And Molly Huddle - NO BRAINER - she rocks. You can have pie any day of the year. I doubt she will be doing small cool local gigs much longer! My next 5k is a bit hilly. I have my eye on one in March - Tom King Classic which is flat and super fast and that hopefully will be my goal sub-20. These are just buildup training races.

zorbs - yes it is me that is ticklish and yes I don't like being massaged aggressively in my hoohaa. very well remembered. I have a lovely hot pink and less crusty bits. Is it normal to get crusty bits? I have never had them before on the balls of my feet. i think it's from all the speed work on racing flats?

arm - love your post. esp about the zoo - totally could have been my DS too. Keep both tops, you will wear them both to their death over the course of the next few winters. which athleta one did you get? I might recommend one to my DH for xmas for running.

spike - aw, feel better. are you at home? DS is napping so we could chat if you are.

eh - glad to hear you don't do your hair either. I just about remember to brush mine.

did i miss anyone?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

stroller - enjoy that LR when you do it. I did 10m on the treadmill on sunday and it was my longest ever and it was totally fine. Just needed a loaded ipod and a gel half way through.

CA - So - thanks to you - I tried to draw around DSs hands and he LOVED it so we did it over and over and then he did mine and it was so much fun. GREAT idea and thank you! New garmin sounds so FANCY! how are you feeling tapering? And don't even bat an eye about one missed workout - the work is done my friend! I am sure the rest, at this point, will be much better esp after your chiro apt.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

arm - I vote for keeping both tops also!  Or wrap one up, label it to yourself and hand it to DH, he can thank you for doing the work Smile

r-eh - Yes, my daycare lady is great, she's a private home, and just has 2 other boys, plus her son and my girls.

spike - OH NO!  I hope you all feel better soon, is R home with you, or at the daycare?  Hope he's happy to watch movies and relax if he is home.

RG - I have the 405, which I have been annoyed with since I first got it, so I'm very excited for the 310xt.  What kind of pie, homemade, or just grocery store?  That would be my deciding factor Wink

bermy - how fun on the hand tracing!  Another project you could do is to get a giant roll of paper (you can buy them at IKEA) and trace your body's w/ DS, if he liked the hands, I bet he'd love the whole body.  FEeling good, really rested... I got my spin in today, but did not run.  I'm mostly just moking myself w/ the workouts, it is very rare of me to not find a way to get my workout done.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

armmama

rg - if I think I have a chance at winning something it would be hard for me to pass it up, but I rarely win anything!  Apparently the turkey trot DH and I signed up for gives pies to everyone, but you can choose to donate them so we did that because we think we will have plenty of pie between his mom's house and my parent's house.

spike - ugh, rough weekend in your house.

bermy - The top I got is called the rushcreek half zip.  I wanted something in black that came up on my neck.  It's kind of fleecy inside, so I think it'll be good to run in when it's cold and also to use as a baselayer for my jacket since my jacket isn't meant for really cold weather.  I also figured it was cheaper than buying a new jacket!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Dh took R to daycare and his godmother is picking him up. He might stay the night there. We are suspecting that it is food poisoning.  If it is, then its from the chicken in last night's soup. We ate after R went to bed. Pretty miserable here.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

Bermy- it would be awesome if you came to visit!!! I'm not really a pie fan, so it makes the decision easier.

Arm- lol on winning- my MIL bakes about a dozen different pies/desserts for Thanksgiving. Basically, she makes each persons favorite. So, my offering of a pumpkin pie would be redundant.

CA- homemade, by the local Amish Smile

spike- oh no on the food poisoning!!! I'm glad R is ok so far, and I hope you and DH are feeling better soon.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08