Fun Friday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Since I've been working harder on my workouts, speed, etc. I've become ravenously hungry. And here I thought I'd be able to lose the extra 2 or so pounds that I have gained. Ha!

Thursday was 35 minutes of cardio DVD after hair cut & color.

Today may be cardio later in the evening. Grocery run after work with a friend just to spend a coupon and investigate the store. It's a bigger store than our neighborhood store.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Judy-I have faith in all of us too... we are like spring .. summer, and fall all wrapped up together.  Not winter.  None of us are like winter.  Lisa has spoken.    And if you're hungry eat up.. those seeds need to grow.  Super "woohoo" for a hair color!  It's better than losing those 2 pounds.

Ginny-Last day of January!! Woohoo!

Karen-so excited for you on your move!!

Marjorie-you train so smart!  Good role model for us!

Tessa-sorry to hear of the fall...darn branch reaching up and grabbing you!

Waves to all.

Been super busy at work (what's new).  Yesterday was job fair at Michigan State.  I had 2 others come with me (THANK GOD!) since I knew it would be big and crowded.  We had lines for 4 solid hours.  Thought I was going to have an accident. We didn't even have time to go to the Dairy Store.  Not that I would have had ice cream but I would have bought cheese.

Decided it was not advisable to get up at 4 to run since I didn't get home until 9:30 last night.  Maybe tonight I'll get out. Tomorrow is first Forensics judging so that will be 5:30am at the school with return at 7pm or so certainly nothing on Saturday.  I will be enduring though.

Lisa

camille2

I ran 3.5 on the Greenway yesterday. Pretty nice except that I forgot to bring socks.  Day off from running today.

lisa, keep enduring!

judy, have a fun Friday. I'm with you and Ginny.  I just want to eat, eat, eat.

tessa, I had to pay at WW. Missed by a fraction of a lb. I should have run first and taken off my wool socks.  Smile.  I ate the rest of the day. I'm ready for winter to be over.

laura, congrats on that streak.  Who else is streaking?

ginnyb

Yep, all I want to do is eat too!  Nothing seems to fill me up and I can't find that "right" thing to eat, so I just keep eating trying to find out what "it" is!

WT this morning with my DVD.  It is snowing again and temps dropping throughout the day, but hey January is almost in the books!

Lisa....yikes, sounds like a busy weekend for you!

Judy...enjoy the hair color!  I am loving my highlights!

Karen....I am pretty sure that I am quite envious of you and your move.  Winter and I have just never gotten along well.  You may have lots of visitors in the coming years!  I have cousins in Houston that I have not seen for years and years too.

Happy Friday all!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I forgot to check in yesterday, sheesh.  Ran 10 with 2 X 2 miles at MP yesterday morning, and had Pilates and 4 with hubby last night.  Tonight it's my RD but since we are flying tomorrow morning to run the Surf City HM, I am going to Pilates and running my 5 tonight.

Judy, enjoy the hair dyeing!

Lisa, busy weekend!

Camille, nice run yesterday.

Ginny, I am hungry all the time as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.1 with 3 at tempo

Camille sucks missing by just a fraction!

thanks Lisa. I'm trying. I can say my cool down today felt very slow but wasn't. I know I'm doing it the correct way. If only it was natural to run faster or at consistent pace

Ginny you've been doing more wt training. Good for you!

D Paris will be here before you know it!

Marjorie

TGIF!!!

I cannot get rid of this stupid underline!!!  Swam this morning.  

I am ravenous lately too!!!

Have a great non-underlined day!

Anonymous Guest

I'm leaving work a little early today to meet the movers to walk through the house and point out what's moving and what's not, and hopefully settle on a date for them to pack/move/unpack everything for us. Exciting. And yes, I will probably complain in the summer, but I would much rather have a hot, humid summer than a cold, windy, snowy, icy winter.

Anyway, assuming the thing with the movers goes quickly, I should have a little extra workout time, so I'm planning on an hour on the bike, then I'm going to try to run a few easy miles on the TM.

Lisa, your day yesterday sounds exhausting.

Camille, bummer on the fraction of a pound. I was excited about my flu weight loss, but I haven't been able to take off any additional weight since then. At least I haven't gained it back....

Ginny, you are welcome anytime! I'm with you, I never need to experience another cold winter. And ours don't even get as bad as yours!

D, nice workouts. Have a great trip west!!

Marjorie, you've had some nice workouts lately. And from yesterday, yes, you are correct - Glass City. 12 weeks from this coming Sunday. Yikes, that means our Spring Meeting is 11 weeks away. I don't have time for all that meeting crap.

Crazysue, hi!

I think I've figured something out about myself recently. When I'm left to myself, I tend to start thinking negatively about my job and my ability to do it, and when I reach out to my coworkers, I realize I'm pretty good at my job, and they are willing to help when I need it, and I'm much more positive and happy. This I think is something I really need to remember once I start working from home. I think it will be harder for me to proactively reach out when I'm nearly 1,500 miles away. When I start to complain, somebody remind of this, okay?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Judy - You probably need to eat to nourish your body for all the hard work you are doing!!!

Lisa - Busy life for you right now....whew.

Camille - Booo on the fraction of a pound Sad   but in the whole scheme of things, at LEAST it is only a fraction of a pound and not a hundred pounds....

Ginny - Great job on the weight training.

Damarias - Enjoy your HM Saturday!

Crazysue - Nice that you got a nice swim in!

Karen - Hard to believe you are already having movers....wow!

I am still trying to recover from this flu....ugh.  I am on Karen's Flu diet...have lost a couple of pounds this week, just can't eat, no appetitie, and the only thing that sounds good is soup....weird.

Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, that stinks. Sorry. I will likely be right there with you this Sunday, especially since someone brought in bagels this morning and while I can resist donuts just fine I do love a fresh bagel.

Marjorie, hope the homeowners meeting at least ended at a decent time. I think they should be budgeting for caltrops for the grassy verge.

Lisa, wow. Good thing you had reinforcements indeed. 4 hours? And Depends should not be part of your job fair attire!

Huh. I was up until 11 last night and still went for a run at 4, but that's only because RN was waiting out front.

Carol, sorry you are still sick. Eat soup if that's what your body is craving.

Judy, we all feel the same way, I think. Try to run off a few pounds and your body says "oh no, I don't think so!" and ups your appetite.

Ginny, you're right, it's almost February!

Damaris, you weren't the only one who didn't get a chance to check in yesterday.

Karen, will do. So you will be able to work remotely? And good luck with the movers. I would have trouble resisting the temptation to point at a few things and say "and we're not moving these". Like any furniture you've hated for years.

Susan, not sure how the underlining is hanging on for you!

Above mentioned 4 with RN this morning. It started to rain about 5 minutes before the appointed time but we went anyway. Glad we did. There is a Stupid Bowl party at work this afternoon and I baked chocolate cookies in the shape of deflated footballs, between those and the bagels I will need to go to the gym as well.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

The HOA meeting took an hour longer than i should have.  I was ridiculous.  The president kept rambling on stuff and was so rude to people actually putting his hand up to stop people from talking.  At least the president wasn't elected.   He was eligible to run for the board since he wasn't elected last time and was just finishing someone elses term.  Otherwise if he had been elected he couldn't have run.  Since the elections were at the end and there were too 6 people for 4 seats he wasn't one that got elected.

Tessa it isn't budgeted but I'm sure they will figure out something with the person that keeps making tracks on the grass.  If they fix it there they will just move further down.  A mile on each side they have a lot of room to damage the grass.  Sad someone is purposefully doing it too!

Karen yes, we will remind you

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Karen, will do. So you will be able to work remotely? And good luck with the movers. I would have trouble resisting the temptation to point at a few things and say "and we're not moving these". Like any furniture you've hated for years.

That is exactly the plan for the movers. Getting new master bedroom furniture, new living room furniture, new outdoor furniture and other misc. stuff once we move. I have a bulky trash pickup scheduled next week for a couch, two chairs and the lawnmower, and will schedule another one for the other couch, a TV, chair, the patio furniture, etc. Also they have it down that they are moving the TM, but really they are just getting it out of the basement (it is big and heavy) and moving it to the curb. If they decide that day they can't do it, then they can move it, possibly damage it and have to give us money to replace it, and it will go on the curb at the new house!

Giggling over the deflated football cookies.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Ginny-maybe you should look up the Maffetone Method. I must say that I haven't had cravings for sweets this entire time.  Fruit and something simple like an English muffin or shredded wheat yes.  Odd in a way.

Need to pack snacks and lunch back up stuff for tomorrow.  No clue what they might have but carb free is unlikely.

Lisa

<Laughing at the random underlining>

Quick hello to all.  I'll be back for personals tomorrow.  Have a cough that won't quit so I'm going to bed early tonight.  Wish me luck in defeating the cold bug.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR