Womens Running

Is it Wednesday Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

zorbs- I usually make turkey meatballs, but I'm going all out and crossbreeding the beef and pork tonight Wink

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Tight lips

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

armmama

selfish post for now, will try to come back later for personals!

RR - race report here http://riley-grace.blogspot.com/2013/11/new-york-city-marathon-2013.html

BR - was super crabby yesterday on my first day back which was a bummer but is happy and good today so I was kind of sad to drop him off at MMO but it's only 3 hours.

KR - DD1 fell and bumped her knee which was swollen and bruised, DD2 fell at school and has a bump on her head, DD3 was effing around on our treadmill with 9 year old neighbor boy who turned it on full speed and she hung on for dear life, burning the crap out of her feet.  Poor thing.  The world falls apart when mom and dad aren't home I guess.

FR - very unmotivated.  Leftover taco soup from last night or eggs.

NRR - first snowfall last night!  Very pretty, but it'll melt.

armmama

rg - that's great R is talking more!  I'm still waiting for L and wondering if it's ever going to happen.  Although he recently started saying bus with an "s" on the end so maybe things are starting to click.

zorbs - I would mommy brag about that too!  DD1 never sings around us but one time I caught her and was surprised at how good she was.

eh - how is your foot feeling?  I feel like we had the same problems, at least from your description of it.  The outside of my foot hurts since the marathon but it's getting better and it feels like it's just a tendon or something over there, so I'm just icing.

ernie - I hope you get the light fixture working!  We are having some work done on our house and I'm finding it's pretty useful to have handymen around the house to do a couple other random chores for me.

CA - I finished DD1&2's baby books but have not started DD3s and L's is just a lost cause.  Poor guy.  I hope DH feels better! Flu is no fun.

stroller - great job keeping the streak going!  Happy Birthday to H!!

spike - sorry on the accidents.  Unfortunately I still carry underwear in my car for my girls even though the youngest is 6.  She has been having more and more bedwetting accidents lately.  Just when everything is going swimmingly they take a step back, no idea why!  Although I don't feel too bad since my neighbor is having trouble with her 9 year old son and accidents lately too.

Erniegirl

CA - Ha, so cute about M and her baby book! S tends to point at all babies now and call them "FiFi" (her cousin). Have a good run this evening! I am not enjoying how early night is falling since the time change!

stroller - You're doing a hm soon, right? Are you going to follow a plan at all to bring your mileage up?Happy birthday to H!

zorbs - I don;t have the recipe with me at the moment (although I really need to get the meat marinating asap) but I think it is rice wine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, hot chili garlic sauce and green onions. The best meatballs are the result of cross-breeding Smile

spike - Hope the PT gets back on track so you can get your new purse soon! I was just thinking, I can't even remember what it's like to not be hauling a diaper bag around all the time. Baking the meatballs should keep them together better since they aren't getting bumped around.

arm - Great job on your marathon! really good race report and pictures!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

RR: 9m with 6.2 at tempo and guess what - I PR'd - or well, it was a training run so I guess it doesn't count, but still, it was 47.36 which is the fastest I have ever run a 10k. 2.5m w/u, then for the tempo bit I did 1minute easy (7.30 ish) and then 2 minutes harder (7.05ish) for 4miles and then cool down run back in. It was hilly too and very windy but it went really well. I am so so happy.

NRR: playground and lots of DS led things - I have been doing some chores for days so now he can play with leaves and sticks and rocks to his heart's content.

TR: I read The Discipline Book by Dr Sears last night and it has whole sections on how to tackle the supermarket and transitioning and all sorts of other things. It's pretty big on developing the whole child from the self-esteem to the independent self whilst keeping them safe in an attachment parenting kind of philosophy. It really helped after my struggle yesterday but I think that's all normal and I am doing everything he suggests - it just reassured me. And reminded me that parenting isn't going to be a breeze every day. And DH needs to help me out a bit more which we also talked about.

FR: crab cakes last night didn't bind but I think I needed to dry them out more - made a note. They were delicious. I made extra so will make a salad with them for tonight. DS was woofing them down.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - nope RP works about 20 minutes west of downtown where I work - but it's on her way home.

spike - M has been super reliable w/ the PT'ing for the last 6-8 months but when she had that stomach bug last week, she was randomly crapping her pants, she was pretty embarassed about it.  I rarely carry a diaper bag anymore, even for O, unless we're going to be out for hours, I can generally predict when she's going to poop.

arm - loved the race report! Oh man on all the kid injuries, hope everyone heals up quick.

ernie - yeah, I could care less about daylight in the morning but the evenings getting dark so early is rough!

Bermy - you should really race a 10k, with the speeds you're posting you'd go sub 45 minutes for sure.  Glad you're feeling better about the supermarket struggles, I think it's good to be reminded that so many things we go through as parents are totally normal!  I heard a bbc radio programme this morning that just broke my heart, it was about kids in China going to kindergarten boarding school 5 days a week at age 3.  Poor babies!!  Independence is good, but we have to remember they are so little and really need us and our support.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

TR2: oh – he is now into doing stunts on his ride on train – this morning at 7am he decided to stand on the train whilst it was going round the track. Epic fail. The circus is not in his future.

Rg great job getting in those miles and glad you are feeling good. You can send clear talking our way – we just about have ‘baboon’ for balloon and ‘bus’ down. And ‘derder” which I think is over there or perhaps digger.

Zorbs – do post pic of pedi. How exciting.

Eh – you amaze me that you run so hard, train so hard, work so hard and have 3 kids and do it all. And you are so mellow. DO TELL your secrets.

Ernie – how was acupuncture?

CA – have you noticed a difference in your girls’ behavior since you have been back at work? Hope your DH is well enough to cook. Please blog your baby book as you make it. I also need to pay more attention to what DS is actually doing. He wasn’t being naughty in WF – he was going to the hot bar to reach up to get a plate, to select the food he wanted – it was as though he thought ‘I know what to do and I can do this on my own’. We just weren’t getting hot bar food and he didn’t like that memo!!

Stroller – happy birthday H!!!!

Spike – I started a knitted blanket for froggie. It’s coming on really quickly. I am so much quicker at skills I have mastered than new ones – like using that rotary cutter – it takes me 6 cuts just to stay along the ruler. Maybe I need to u-tube it to see if I am doing it right. I am just so slow at cutting the fabric for quilting.

Arm – welcome back! Nice job on finishing your marathon! I am excited to read yoru race report – I am going to save it til I have 100% concentration and savour all the details!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - yeah I've noticed a few things, but not really negative, just differences.  When I was home, M was extremely attached to DH, she didn't see him as much, and he was definitely the more 'fun' parent, so given the choice she wanted him for everything, but  now that we're more equal in our parenting roles, she is asking me to participate more, as in she wants me to do bedtime, etc.  I don't notice as much with O, she is certainly excited to see me when I pick her up, and if she's at all under the weather, she is very eager for her night time nursing session (it is her only nursing session left).

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- a trick for the rotary cutter- splay your hand wide, and sorta grip the ruler with your thumb through your ring finger and then brace your hand and the fabrice against the cutting mat with your pinky and the heel of your hand. Try to put your body weight directly over the fabric/ruler so it doesn't budge. Press the side of the rotary cutter up flat against the ruler, push down hard and cut with a controlled motion. You should be able to easily cut through 4-6 layers of fabric with accuracy using the ruler/rotary cutter method.    Glad you are getting some reassurance on your methods from Dr. Sears. I find that I am, in general, more patient with R on workdays- he really wears me down when I'm home with him all day on the weekend and I get more snappish with him.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

Bermy - You should sign up for a 10k race so you can blow that old PR out of the water! Ooh, I should look into the Dr. Sears discipline book. I love the Dr. Sears baby book. Acupuncture was fine. I am feeling pretty hopeless that it or anything else is going to lead to me getting pregnant, but at least it is relaxing.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - Also for the rotary cutter, I do like spike and splay my hand on the ruler, puting a lot of weight on it, it also might be the height of the counter/surface that you're working on , you don't want it too high because then you don't get as much force when you lean into it.  If your blade is sharp, you don't need to put a lot of force down with the cutter, but I lean it into the ruler slightly to make sure it doesn't go off course.  I think it just takes some practice, but I find it very effective and much easier to cut with than scissors.

BermyHorse

bermy/CA - yes, I was doing it on a high table which meant I was pushing the ruler not pressing on it. Duh. And also the cutter wasn't cutting through the fabric. So I would go the whole length of the ruler and there were 5/6 sections still attached. INFURIATING. Going to try all this again. I think I am in a patience drought. PM some my way, anyone.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- My cutting table is about desk height/crotch height. Makes a big difference.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - I also will test to see if I've gone through all the layers before I take my weight off the ruler, that way you don't have to reset it's location if you have to take another pass.  My rotary cutter was so dull for a lot of my marathon quilt cutting and it was so frustrating not getting through the fabric with each cut!