Womens Running

Maybe It's Monday Supermoms (Read 16 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Yes to vid D preggo - my dr recommends it, you can get your levels tested, it's a fat soluble vitamin so, since it's winter, and basically everyone in the northern hemisphere has low levels in winter, you can probably take 2000 unit pills for a week/two to bump up your stores and then go to 1000/day.  My dr recommends 800/day in the winter for my kids, so 1000 for an adult isn't a lot.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- R does good with my friend and her 2 kids, but he's sooo my kid and loves routine/regimen, and I think its just throwing him for a loop. Ha, I have the opposite problem with shoes- I made screw shoes and I have not worn them a single time this winter, so now I'm trying to decide if I should take the screws out or put them in storage for next winter.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG - Yes to vid D preggo - my dr recommends it, you can get your levels tested, it's a fat soluble vitamin so, since it's winter, and basically everyone in the northern hemisphere has low levels in winter, you can probably take 2000 unit pills for a week/two to bump up your stores and then go to 1000/day.  My dr recommends 800/day in the winter for my kids, so 1000 for an adult isn't a lot.

I take 1000 IU daily of D3 to help with my anxiety and depressive episodes. Supposedly Vit D also helps with immunity as well.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

moxieluvah

CA - it would be summer, most likely August when we go, looking to run, hike, etc. I probably won't start to really plan until this summer, but I am sure I will have a ton of questions for you.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - work/leisure time is the eternal battle between G and I.  I'm tired because I get up at the asscrack of dawn to run and/or work, but G works more hours and generally goes to bed later.  Generally on Sunday mornings, we both sleep in and sometimes B does too, or he goes downstairs and gets his own breakfast and he's proven himself to be trustworthy to not burn down the house.  But what I'm saying is that it never feels 'fair' for either of us..

mer - nope, no preschool today.  The administrator still hasn't gotten back to us with a price and without a price, DH can't talk to daycare about it yet.  Hopefully next week.  I made B's baby food but he's the worst eater ever so I'm not a good person to take advice from.

moxie - I said to kant, the best thing about new yoga places is taking advantage of the first time visit/first month deals.  I am determined to do hot yoga this week, that's the best thing about polar vortexes, it makes hot yoga extra awesome.

CA - I'm sure if I hadn't slogged through fresh snow on Saturday, I would have been good to run fast.  SO PISSED that Nicole outkicked me in the last 300m and that I was so far off my goal pace it wasn't even funny.

ernie - I actually broke down and suggested doing the LR on the TM to Emma but she wouldn't have any of it.

spike - your DH following you around while cleaning is like when my DH stands around while I'm getting out dishes and finishing up dinner.  Then he sits down and waits for me to serve him.  If I yell at him, he says, "I didn't know if you were done with the food yet, so I didn't want to take it to the table."

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

rg - Boo to the nap strike on Saturday. We have had nap strike here Friday, Saturday and it looks like today, too. I am getting very worried she is dropping her nap. Sorry your weekend wasn't much fun. I definitely know how you feel. Sometimes I have had to tell my DH "you know, this is my weekend, too." I totally agree on pasteurized cheese being safe - there was no way I was giving up my cheese (or coffee!) when I was pregnant! And +1 to Vit D being safe while pregnant. 1,000 IUs is actually the minimum recommended dose - some drs will recommend up to 4,000 IUs a day.

zorbs - I thought of you during my miserable long run yesterday and how hard your race must have been in this crap! Your 42 minutes probably took more effort than a sub 40 would have in better weather. My DH actually said to me yesterday "I was just thinking that maybe we should get you a TM" YES PLEASE!!!

mer - I have heard from a couple people that, while the Baby Bullet system comes with lots of cute and convenient storage containers, the blender itself is a piece of crap. You'd probably be better off using a normal blender, or buying the Magic Bullet blender by the same manufacturer, which is apparently a way better blender than the BB

moxie - Didn't you feel like the ending went against absolutely everything about his character??? I feel like I could come up with at least 10 different endings that would have been better. I am down to the last 3 episodes of Breaking Bad now, and I am so happy that it seems like it is going to end on an awesome, exciting note, unlike Dexter.

CA - So true about those longer runs seeming so long when you haven't done one in awhile. Ooh, you are going to be in killer shape after this hill module!

Spike - I would kill for 30F weather and no snow! But you definitely have it much harder in terms of scheduling your runs around your DH's crazy schedule. Great that you found a good babysitter though! Some 11 yo are definitely very mature. One of the babysitters I sometimes use for S is 13 but she had been babysitting since she was 11.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

I got my W2 today, looks like we will be getting a refund, WHEW! I was worried we would have to pay a bunch when we have a lot of expenses coming up this spring. Unfortunately I won't be able to file until mid-late March because my partnership earning statement taxes forever to get here.