Womens Running

Humid Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday was 35 minutes running on the track, then 20 minutes of cardio at home.

Today should be similar workouts.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Judy - have a good workout!

4,5 this morning with a running buddy.  Will probably go to Fusion class tonight, they are changing their schedule and location so we'll see how that works out, hopefully I'll still be able to go 1-2 per week.

Last day of work woot woot!!  Surprisingly, the main office is having a luncheon for me at noon.  I have asked for an exit interview, I have a few things I want to say before I leave there.  Not that it will do any good, but maybe if enough people leave and give some constructive criticism, admin will get the message **shrug shoulders**

Howdy!

5.5 miles this morning.  Still in recovery mode--maybe group power weightlifting didn't help either.  Wink

Yay Laura!  Enjoy your last day at work.

Day 3 of federal government shutdown.  Very quiet in the building.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5. Dad and wife should be here this afternoon. They stopped last night in Virginia and will make the rest of the drive today.

Waves to everyone

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Hi Judy! Responded in runango.

Laura, good luck with the exit interview. I suspect it will not go far, but you can try. And enjoy the luncheon.

Susan, I suspect there are ways to recover from a HIM that don't involve power lifting. Oh well.

Marjorie, are your dad and his wife stopping on their way to Florida, or are they visiting and planning to return to MI?

4.5 with RN this morning. I'm working from home today. Hoping to get a second run in before choir practice.

Sleepy. Having a patient who calls for help every hour or two in the night is like those first awful few weeks after having a baby, when you have a voracious newborn who wants to nurse every 2-3 hours.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Work has been so crazy that I haven't had time to post, but I've been keeping up with everyone. My client has a big event on Monday, so it should slow down a bit after that.

I'm jumping on to whine a bit. My shin splints have flared up - sore during yesterday's run, then hurt enough today that I aborted the run at 1.5 miles. I could have kept running, but I know from experience that that approach only extends the recovery time. I figure it's better to nip it in the bud while I've still got 9 weeks to train for my half. Feh! I wish I could figure out what triggers them.

Laura - yay for the last day! I don't blame you, I would want to give some feedback as well.

Crazysue - enjoy the recovery. I loved your race report.

Marjorie - I hope the visit goes well.

Tessa - I'm glad you've gotten some help from hospice, but I know it's still difficult. You are in my thoughts every day. Try to take care of yourself.

Off to have some lunch-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Still at home bored to tears!  Trying to book for MCM and also trying not to shop too much online.  6 miles tonight.

judy, enjoy the cardio.

Tessa, sorry you're going through this and that your husband is not cooperating.  He is ill but he sounds like he is making your life more miserable than he should.  Hugs.

LC Runs, nice 4.5.

Sue, nice run.  I'm here at home, not even at the office, but I'm sure my federal building looks like a ghost town since the IRS closed too.

Marjorie, enjoy dad's visit.

Cindy, hope the shins get better.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

So I have had a migraine for 7 straight days. I have still been able to function, and run, but haven't been spending much time on the computer. I did go back and read Susan's HIM race report - awesome job! I was reading it and thinking "that seems really fast, is this a PR?" and a couple of sentences later learned it was a huge PR.  Congrats!!

Damaris, sorry you've been furloughed. Have you applied for unemployment? It takes a couple weeks to kick in I think, and it's only a fraction of your actual pay generally (the max amount is pretty low), but it helps. I know I'm going to miss it when I start working again!

Tessa, thinking of you, as always. I'm glad you have some help from hospice. Just wish it could be more.

Ran 8 today with 3x1600 at 5K pace. That was tough - I waited a little long to get out and it's hot here. We're not supposed to be getting mid to upper 80s in October! Hopefully this weird warm weather, if it is affecting New York as well, gets the heck out of here by October 13. That's right, it's time for me to start obsessing about the weather.

Watching race after race get cancelled for the weekend here. The joy of living and running around a lot of federal property. I know it's minor compared to a lot of things, but I hope this is all worked out before JFK 50 in November. Ragnar DC is still going on this weekend but they've had to detour or eliminate 4  separate legs. I'm volunteering at an exchange Saturday morning - weather looks nice for it.

Hi to all,

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

I could if things continue, but with my husband's salary we are fine for a while.  And Florida's government is so screwed up, the unemployment benefits here suck (if you even manage to get them).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page