Womens Running

DIVAS DO THE HUMPTY DANCE ON WEDNESDAY (Read 18 times)

outwestrunner

Lucy - EXACTLY!!  Yes, you did the dishes, but the crumbs all over the counters...

Thanks for listening, ladies. See, I knew I wasn't crazy!

RunLikeTheWind23

MA and Lucy: I didn't want to have to cancel our slumber party plans for my brain! Smile We're still on for that Friday night, ladies! MA, please tell baby to wait till after that weekend! Smile

NorCal

Lucy- OMG DH does that too! He always does dishes after dinner and NEVER wipes down the counters or stove!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

LucyBelle

NC/Outwest: Why do men do that!?!? So weird. CRF has a habit of doing that though - cleaning one thing thoroughly and leaving the surrounding things dirty. Like, he will notice the tub is dirty, so he'll scrub it, but leave the bathroom sink and toilet filthy. I don't understand it, why would you be concerned about having one thing clean when dirt is surrounding the rest of it?

RLTW: I hope you feel 100% better by slumber party time!

outwestrunner

Lucy - No clue. DBF also leaves the kitchen sponge soaking wet in the sink, and that grosses me out. Wring it out and put it on the side of the sink! Not that difficult!! AND It makes sense!!!!

NorCal

DH used to spend HOURS "cleaning" the garage or laundry room at our old house, when real things needed to get done, like laundry, dishes, mopping, etc!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

MA runner girl

I'm pretty sure that my DH has NO idea that counters even need to be wiped down... he probably thinks they are magically clean because I always have to do it, even when he "cleans up" the kitchen after cooking! Sounds like it must be a man thing...

RLTW - Take care of yourself!!! Can't wait to see you girls!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

LucyBelle

DH used to spend HOURS "cleaning" the garage or laundry room at our old house, when real things needed to get done, like laundry, dishes, mopping, etc!

I just have to laugh! CRF will do something similar. I will tell him in advance that one day on the weekend will be set aside for cleaning, such as Sunday, and when that day comes he will tell me he's going to clean and organize "his" room (which is really the spare room where he keeps all his junk.) So he'll go in there and I'll vacuum/mop/dust/generally tidy the rest of the apartment, and after I'm done with that, I'll look into "his room" and all he's done is move stuff around. It doesn't even look clean.

SassySparky

TYPE A PERSONALITY WINNING OVER HERE.

I totally just sent the first draft of my grant to my advisor. I had NOTHING written down on Sunday and by today had the required 7 pages.

That being said, a lot of the work was done for me because this grant is based on one our lab has already written.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

seattlechica

<delurk>

I am so glad my DBF is a super neat freak compared to most guys.  He might even be cleaner than me!  I have been stepping up my efforts lately so I am in good habits when we move in together eventually Smile

<relurk>

LucyBelle

Seattle: I hate to say this but I thought CRF was a neat freak before we moved in together. I def thought he was neater/cleaner than me. I don't know what changed. Maybe he got lazier realizing there was someone else there to pick up the slack? I was totally looking forward to always having a clean place once he moved in. Bubble = burst.

seattlechica

Lucy, yikes!  I'm hoping that is not the case......!  I'm sure it's just one of many things that can/will change and need adjusting when moving in together though.  thank you for the possible reality check Smile