Womens Running

More Hope For Spring Monday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I have hope!    Post!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was 35 minutes running on the track.

Saturday I walked for about 2 hours in a huge antique place.

Sunday I ran 40 minutes on the gym track. I planned carefully. A thorough warm up first, then I did a measure of faster tempo to measure time for a single lap. After that, I slipped in about 5 sprints and got them to my present goal again. It was one of my best speed runs. Now to work on shaving off another second. I did a huge amount of walking during the weekend.

Today will be a run at the gym track. This time change is always a hard one for me. I feel like I am always late to everything.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Judy - I have hope, as well.  Supposed to be a nice week here, thank goodness.

Ran 5 miles yesterday with RB, then 3 this morning on TM.

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

I think I'm running six with strides this afternoon, but it may just be six easy. Adjusting the schedule a bit so my rest day falls on Wednesday, when there is a 90% chance of rain. Should be in the mid-50s for my run - I so hope this warmer weather sticks around.

From yesterday:
          Welcome Jo! Tell us a little more about yourself. And which half are your working up to?

From today:

Morning Judy and Laura!

Getting up was tough this morning - I love daylight savings time, but it's easy to forget how getting up when it's still dark out sucks. I guess that's why some people don't like it. Off to get another cup of coffee.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good Morning!!

Busy weekend!  Rode with my friends in the park.  Love the new bike!!!!  I sold my old time trial bike.  I priced it to move, put a pic on fb with the two running clubs.  Had a call in 5 minutes.  4 offers in 6 hours.  Sold!  Woohoo!!  I also sold a couple of new tri clothing/training items.  I had the wrong size and couldn't return them.

Yesterday was a 20 mile run.  Beautiful day.  Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  My running buddy is still recovering from bronchitis, so we took some extra breaks and slowed the pace down.  I'm still kinda stiff.  Skipped weight training class this morning.  I think my lower back needed the day off.

I want to mow this afternoon.  The yard is still wet in places, but it is supposed to rain AGAIN tomorrow.  My neighbor ran his riding mower across the front so he could pickup the oak leaves.  He didn't do the side or the back--too wet.

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning

neck is better today.

Sue  we mowed  on Saturday. The back was still wet but it was so bushy we had to. The front isn't yet but the back was.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Judy - good job on your very disciplined work outs!

LCruns - Can't remember which marathon training plan you are using?  Are you doing Irish Double on Sunday?

Karen -Mid 50's...so nice!

Crazysue - 20 miler....are you doing a Marathon soon?  So nice that you like your new ride, and that you sold your old one, plus tri clothes!!!

Marjorie - Glad your neck is better.  Can't even imagine mowing grass.....we still have many snowbanks, and probably will not be seeing any grass for awhile yet.

Jo - Welcome!  Glad you are stopped by!

Will get out for a run today, 30's to maybe 40 today...woohoo!

Carol

camille2

Good morning!

Welcome, Jo!  You have plenty of time to get ready for your half-good planning on your part. Which one is it?

Karen, did I say congrats on the race yesterday?

Sue, 20 miles?  That seems a big increase for you, but maybe I'm just forgetting.  Marathon soon?

Marjorie, I'm glad your neck is better.

Cindy, from the weekend...you have been rocking your miles.

Carol, I live in the Georgia "mountains" so there are quite a few waterfalls within a reasonable distance. Sat was 1 1/2 hour drive away, but worth it.

Hi to everyone else! I have a bunch to do today.

It was another nice day here yesterday (and I feel guilty saying that to you poor snow bound folks) and I couldn't resist getting out in the woods. Amicalola was having their annual Appalachian Trail kick-off for the thru hikers and a friend and I went to one session.  We hiked  75 minutes on the Approach Trail afterwards and saw one lonely and lovely crocus. I like this time of year-cool enough to be comfortable, but you can see without the leaves.  Hip is a bit achy. It isn't bad, so I'm not sure if I should run or wait. Guess I'll see this afternoon. I don't want to be wimpy, but also don't want to aggravate it.

ginnyb

Welcome Jo!  Yes, do tell us a little more about you!  Which half are you training for?

Karen....great times for your race!  I can only dream of splits like those!

Spent most of Saturday watching my GD play basketball.  They were in a tournament.   Lost every game, but they are still young and learning, was fun watching though.

I wish I could say the  weather was turning for the better,  it is a little better today, I have to learn to enjoy a good day when it comes, but big storm forecasted for Wednesday, and it wont' be rain!  Was going to run outside this morning, but it is so darn dark again that I was afraid I would miss seeing the icy patches that are still around, so I did my DVD.

Marjorie...glad that your neck feels better.

Camille...enjoy the improving weather.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Zydeco Marathon in Lafayette, LA March 30.  I did 15 miles last month before the three HMs.

Yes, CRAZY!

camille2

"Zydeco Marathon in Lafayette, LA March 30.  I did 15 miles last month before the three HMs.

Yes, CRAZY!"

No...just tough!  You'll do fine. Racing is good training!

Hello all!

saturday was long day of Forensics (public address and interpretive speech competition-no dead bodies!). 5:30 am meet at school, drive to event, I judged 3 prelim rounds (oratory, broadcast, and impromptu),  semi-finals (grades 9/10 informative) and finals (sales). Then awards and back to home school at 8pm. Good thing I have endurance. There were over 450 high schoolers competing. Very cool! DD will finally compete herself next weekend

ran 7.8 miles on Sunday with soaking wet feet from slush and puddles. Jumping up into snowbanks where sidewalk was complete smooth sheet of ice. Or into muddy patches where grass was peeking out. Fun!

oh, I had done upper and lower weight machines in the morning too.

first sighting!! Boys wearing t-shirts and shorts!! Hit 52 today!!!  tuesday night 4-6 inches of snow expected. But we hit 50 today!

waves to all!

Lisa