Womens Running

Weekend time (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  We left for Nashville on Thursday night, ran 6 there on Friday in cool and non humid temps (sigh, heaven), ran the Country Music Half Marathon with hubby yesterday and went back to Miami last night.  Busy weekend.  Will do some miles tonight.

Tessa, how was the 50K?  Hope it went well.

Marjorie, nice cutback week.  I am also considering not running today but I know my legs recover faster when I do a short recovery run right after a race.

Gatsby, busy weekend and nice 12.

LC Runs, nice runs this weekend!

Karen, yes it was!  Nice sleep.

Carol, great job on the trail half!

Camille, nice run.

Annie, hi!

Lisa, hi!

Ginny, nice run.

Good luck to our racers!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

LC, the mornings here are perfect for running. I hope you get some of those temps soon.  Good luck on the race.

Amy was runningChapel Hill too. I hope it went OK for them.  Lots of racers.

Lisa, it's scary if they were using that gal as a role model.  It was truly luck that she made it. People seemed to show up to help her when she needed it.

Demaris,congrats on Country Music!

I promised a couple charity quilts  before I leave. I don't know hat I was thinking, but I've been trying to finish one this a.m.  I'm going to do a couple miles later to hit my goal for the week yet allow 24 hours between runs.

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

I have had a busy day and am tired, still have to get to the grocery store, what fun!

Quick RR:  Ran the Half today as a training run and it went well.  We ran it in 2:15 even though the pacer was behind us most of the race and then finished ahead about 2 minutes.  He didn't have many people with him, so I guess they kind of sped it up at the end.  I felt good most of the race, legs just got a bit tired.   My RP is not a strong distance runner (she's pretty speedy with 5 and 10K's) and she had to stop a few times.  The last .5 mile, she gave me the go ahead to finish up (I finished about a minute faster).  It was windy and I was cold and just wanted to be done ha ha.  Funny enough, I won my age group, which I had no idea until I checked the results a while ago.  I guess all the fast old ladies stayed home ha ha.  My RP is a few years younger and she placed 6th in her AG with about the same time as me.  Anyhow, nice course, decent weather, I'll take it.

I just finished another 2 miles so I could have 15.2 for the day, since training plan called for 15 (race was 13.2 according to my Garmin).  I came home and cleaned all afternoon then forced myself out the door for the extra 2.  I am ready for bed lol.

Hi Gatsby - I'm in Northern Michigan.  This week there's no snow forecasted, but 5 days of rain, what fun!

Lisa - hi there!  I really liked "Wild", she was so brave for doing that, I can't imagine.

Ginny - enjoy the ball games, my DS starts next weekend with his season.

Hi Marjorie - no way are you lazy!

Damaris - wow, that is a busy weekend, great job!

Camille - temps today were pretty good, mid 30's.  It's close to 50 now but so stinkin windy.

Went out to join run buddy for her last 5 miles of her 50K on Poto.  Ran out 2.5 miles to join her and she was having a bad day.  Sick.  Jogged/walked back to start/finish. She dropped to the marathon and I went out for another 4 miles on my own. Felt good to get out on the trails.  A bit more color out there would be nice, but we'll take what we can get...

Lisa

Damaris-sorry you have to go back to humidity.

Laura-wtg on the race.

Carol-so glad that you had a good time on the Poto Trail! summer time is way better.

Tessa-thanks so much for reaching out.  I did text you their contact info a few days ago.  They have posted that all is well so I can back off on my concern.  Can't wait to hear how your race went.

On my pic... there were very, very, very few colors other than brown and the little flags so when I saw the purple flowers right where the flags were it just seemed like a perfect pic. Can't wait for true spring.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, I have not received a text from you, could you resend?

I read Wild and think she was both stupid and lucky. People that unprepared tend to wind up getting a lot of others helping them when they get into trouble.

I did the 50k yesterday, made it into 55K by going the wrong way *sigh* and the knee is OK, some DOMS in my quads.