Womens Running

Where is Wednesday? (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I think Wednesday is here. :::checking:::  Yup!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

This time change is always a difficult one. It's like being late to everything. And not enough sleep.

Tuesday I did a long cardio workout with some hand weights.

Today I’ll do a different long cardio workout without weights. Tomorrow I do a track run.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - I certainly agree on the time change, hard to get to sleep at night, and hard to wake up!

Karen - I can't imagine how excited you are!

Lisa & Tessa - Sounds like you two are going to have a great time....and a liver detox might be in order afterwards Wink

Marjorie - thanks for doing the "leg" work on the forum.  Sorry about the chatty neighbor.

Demarias - Ugh on the humid weather and cough.

Crazysue - That quiche sounds yummy!

Did 400's with RB's last night.  Whew.  Was beautiful out....40's with sun....was odd to be running in capris with mounds of snow surrounding us Smile

Have a great day!

Carol

camille2

Judy, happy runs to you, too.

Carol, I'm glad you finally got to run in capris!  Nice workout.

Demaris, I hope that cough goes away soon.

Tessa and Lisa, I agree that it sounds like your liver might be crying a bit. It sounds like a good time though.  Tessa, great job on that class!

Lisa, I like cities and the woods, too.

Marjorie, I think your plan of posting a link to RW here is a good one.  I think you might need to give us a month over there to see if we pick anyone up.  When we were there, we seemed to pick up people only now and then.

Gatsby, is your race this weekend or the following? Did I say that I'm happy your job is giving you more free time?

Laura, how's your week going?

Karen, hang in there!  Just a few more days.

I ran 50" in Anderson, SC yesterday.  It was a pretty nice paved trail around their Civic Center and duck pond. It was 50 with occ rain.  Crazy weather. When I left last Thursday, I had to wait till noon  the snow/ice would be off  the roads. It hit high 60's over weekend and yesterday, the Bradford pears were blooming. 5 days

I'm at my mom's tonight. Great news on that front!  My brother finally hired someone for 3 nights/wk. We have another one for a night, but she just told us she'll only do every other week now.  The other 3 of us think she needs AL, but this prodigal son is the one who has to agree and convince my mom to go.  She's sweet, but not flexible and only wants her children to stay at her home with her. With my sis in hospital 4 times since Thanksgiving and my sis-in-law is still recovery from her respiratory failure, only two of us have been staying. She's won't come to our homes and she lives 70 minutes from my cabin.  I'm may be selfish (bro's opinion), but I don't want to stay there that much and I plan to go to Alaska for summer.   As I told the other 2, it's not enough, but it's finally progress!  The gal starts tomorrow, so I get to come home tomorrow afternoon. Count me happy!

ginnyb

I'M  IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Running, walking ,whatever the NYC Marathon!  Running with Team in Training for Leukemia/lymphoma.  So now all I have to do is raise $3500!   I can do it, I know I can.  Also running for a co-worker who is a Leukemia survivor....Joe Pohorence!  In fact he and his wife are pregnant and Drs said the chances of him having children was slim to none....so there ya go!!!   So excited, just wish I felt better.  I am still dragging from this stomach thing and feeling rather poorly again today, but I am at work.

I can take pledges now, but I guess they will send me info and my own page for donations according to our nephew.

Anyone have any experience with fund raising?  I would love any ideas you may have for me.  The link to my fundraising page is up on facebook, but I can't seem to do it here.....http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/nyc15/gbessm#home

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  I have 6 and the Insanity Max 30 Tabata workout.

Marjorie, I will, haha!  My lungs hate this weather.

Judy, I am sleepy too.  Let's hope we get back on that soon.

Carol, nice 400s.

Camille, good news.  enjoy the nice weather.

Ginny, yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, congratulations!

I'm sure TNT has a lot of fund raising ideas. We do a lot at church and one that's been popular is dinner/wine tasting at someone's house. Another that went fast was a barbecue on the Fourth of July at the home of a couple whose back yard overlooks the local fireworks show. Raffles & silent auctions. Have your DS use his law enforcement connections -- I doubt there's anyone who hasn't known someone who's had one of the blood cancers.

So with TNT they pay for the hotel, transportation, etc., correct? That's a big plus.

Lisa, I went ahead and bought tickets for the spring melt evening fundraiser, but I think the pub crawl is not the best idea. I don't think they include wine, just beer and cider, so at the Faire we can always buy a drink or two rather than committing to 5 apiece.

Judy, agree, the time change can be hard to get used to.

Camille, we have blossom out here too on some of the trees. Good news about your mum. I'm sure she wants to stay in her home, but there may be a time when she can't. And your DB has no business calling you selfish because you don't want to live with her to save him trouble.

Carol, running through snow with capris on? Spring is here!

Damaris, good luck with the Tabata intervals.

Marjorie, agree, we should try this for at least a month.

No run again this morning. I am going to the gym a bit later.

Hi Judy.  Count me among the non-fans of this time change deal!

Carol, maybe spring will do away with those mounds of snow.

Camille, my race is not until 3/22 so will be tapering this weekend.  Thanks for the positive comments about my job... I agree!  Glad to hear there's progress in getting help for your mom.

Ginny, you can do it!  I'm reposting a live link to your page here:  http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/nyc15/gbessm#home  I agree with Tessa's suggestions about fundraising.  I think the most important thing is not to be shy about it... people will be supportive.

Damaris, good luck with the tabata workout!

Tessa, are you doing the LA marathon this weekend?  Saw that it's going to be toasty.  When are you and Lisa coming up to the Bay Area?  Would be fun to meet up if you're in Mountain View.

Marjorie, I checked out the RA women's forum and there does seem to be a lot of activity.  Worth a try moving over for sure.

Hello to everyone else!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Took a "rest day" today.  was up late helping dd with visuals for her presentation and then have been running around all day (but not literally).  She's doing a Michigan based ice cream company for her product and I was out hunting down a few specific flavors this morning.  Then met my Women of Tomorrow mentoring group at University of Michigan for a campus tour.  The girls are a mix of mostly freshmen and sophomores but a couple juniors and one senior.  This was a first for all of them.  None had been on a university campus in the past.  The other mentor and I had "prepped" them a bit on Monday talking about what to keep in mind when touring and answering questions.  I told them that odds were someone was going to say something negative about the tour "why are they taking you there?  you can't ever get in?  you can't afford it?" but that if they decided they wanted to a UoM experience it was up to them to make it happen and they could do it... maybe that experience means on campus in Ann Arbor as a freshman, maybe it means at the Dearborn or Flint campus, maybe going to Community College then transferring or maybe deciding what they liked the most and finding it somewhere else but don't let someone tell you that you can't do it.  Also told them that a turnaround story is one that universities love to see.  Maybe grades hadn't been good in past but bringing them up is more powerful than strong grades all throughout school.

Was pretty darn cool.  A few seemed detached and aloof but there were some who were completely wide eyed and soaking it all in.  I had gotten there a little early and spoken with the tour guide first.  Not sure if that made a difference but she talked about her own experience of being the first in her family to go to college, of having no support from family, of paying for it all herself with work, of doing all of the research herself, of being the only one from her high school who went to UoM (ironically she was from the public high school that is right by my house).  They seemed to love hearing that.  In the student union there was a table set up with someone promoting study abroad program in Florence.  We walked up and talked to her for a bit.  One girl said she had the goal of visiting every city in every country before she died.  Bless the woman's heart behind the table but she said "I believe you will do that."  I fully expected going into this that this could be one of those life changing moments so was prepared but hearing one girl tell another "this was a really great experience" was still pretty cool.  Seeds, hopefully a couple were planted for these girls. Some had never even heard of the University.  Whether or not they even try to go there or go anywhere I think its so important for them to see a campus like that and be treated like they belong there.

Sorry but I figure that we all can appreciate this and that there are so many that don't even know what's out there.  Not going to pat myself too hard on the back just hoping a couple of those city of Detroit young women were inspired to dream big.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day for me today.  I was up really late to finish the presentations.  I did the reference list today. Funny as some of them didn't put the full citation in the stuff they sent us so I had to do some searching on Pubmed to find the full reference.  Great if you want to say Sullivan in 2011 but I need more than that for a real live bibliography.  That took awhile to track some of the references down.

I started the very last module but  I hope the other girl will actually step in and do something now.  I did the hard ones. She can do the case study examples!

Carol glad your weather is improving.

Our Bradford Pears are starting to bud and I've seen a few small blooms

Camille I agree we may not pick up a bunch of folks but we have always gotten a few here and there and some stick and some only stay for a short period and leave.  It is cyclical. Since here we have lost so many posters and only gained a few (Gatsby!!).  A couple posted a day or two then left.  It is nice here not to have spam though and they may decide there they don't want a daily thread.  Who knows.  Like I said, Preggos isn't even daily or weekly. They went to quarterly or something.  We can test and see what happens.

Hi everyone else.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, good for you for taking the time to offer those young women a chance to see what's out there.

You planted the seeds, let's hope some of them grow.

And bless the woman for saying "I believe you will do that" rather than "there's no way you could ever do that".

Marjorie, I think it's worth a try.

Margaret, we will likely be up in MV April 22-24. I have classes I have to teach in downtown LA Monday and Tuesday, so Lisa will probably work from home -- my home -- those two days. There's wifi, a fridge full of cold beverages, a nice big kitchen table and another table and chairs and swing on the patio, three cats two of whom are talkative and good companions...now I want to work from home too! And yes it is going to be toasty this weekend. Not fair. Today is overcast and 70, perfect running weather. Bah.

6.8 on the TM at lunch.

Arimathea

Tessa

Also, do we want to label ourselves "over 40" or start a dailies thread and not limit it to older women?