Womens Running

More Spring Monday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

In our step. In our weather.

Marjorie-hope you get the ladder situation down.  Don't you have an expert in the house?  Fireman and all. :-)

Damaris-hope the marathon went well!

Sue-great time for the 10k... ahh...Azaleas...only brightly colored thing appearing here are traffic barrels for construction in bright orange.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, Yes! We also have florescent yellow cones as well as orange ones. Our little Snowdrops have cute little buds on them. They still have a blanket of fall leaves around the stalks protecting them.

Friday was a good 35 minutes running on the track.

Saturday was SDO...ummm...except for 45 minutes cardio DVD.

Sunday was a great track run with friends for 35 minutes. I did some speed work and I am holding my own. The new Adrenalines are wonderful!

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning!

Sue, I'm more impressed with your second at the quilting show than your super fast 10k time! What theme?  Congrats on both!

Lisa, awesome that you ran double digits! congrats to your daughter. That's wonderful for her first competition.

Marjorie, it's smart that you aren't using a lean type ladder. They look scary that tall. I didn't know they made the others tall high enough for 2 levels. Be safe!

Gatsby, I'd love to see your pictures. BTW, I thought other penguins were taller than 1 1/2 feet. They look tall in pics. The fairy penguins we saw were 12" and I thought they were much smaller than other species. Live and learn. : )

Laura, do you have your new partner yet?

Karen, congrats on your time.  Bummer on waiting around...do keep an eye out for the young guy. LOL.

Cindy, LOL on your son's getting caught red-handed.  They sound like so much fun.

Hi to everyone else. I still haven't caught up[ from last week.

I went to a couple days of the Mountain Quilt Fest last week in Pigeon Forge. Sue, that might be one you'd be interested in. Cheap hotels and great teachers. It's just 3-4 hours from me so I drove up one a.m. and back after last day.  I finally learned to do y-seams from Jan Krentz and she was great. Tessa, she's from California and her quilts are bright and spectacular.    Ginny, I met Ohio women who come every year and they were enjoying the nicer weather.  Maybe you can take up quilting and come on down.  : )

Running...I did my short hilly loop yesterday and it was nice.

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Lisa - Amazing to watch Kaite grow up!  Is she a mini-you?  Glad the running is coming along......plug for joining us at Pinckeny Smile

Marjorie - All your painting as inspired me....finally finished the bathroom (didn't like the first color so had to repaint).  Hope you get your ladder situation figured out.  Agree with Lisa - isn't DH pretty familiar with ladders Smile

Camille - Quilt show sounds like a fun time.  Wish I had the patience to do that type of thing.  I have a DF that does beautiful quilts.  Glad you were able to get out for a run.

Susan - Congrats on fast 10k AND the 2nd place on Quilt!!!

Judy - Glad you are enjoying your new shoes!

Had a wonderful cold run yesterday....was beautiful, saw many deer.  Heading out to the forest for a run today with RB.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ladder situation is done. I can get to what I need.

Lisa he he would be if I was using a fire ladder truck.  Or the extension ladder. But I'm using the A frame ladder. He wasn't happy with me squeezing past a wall as I was climbing it.  Nice part if being a runner and not having much if a butt. I can squeeze past the one wall as I go up. I had it positioned with some of it in the kitchen so iI would have to scale past the wall a bit as I climbed up. I will even be able to scrape off the old paint that I got on some of the window edges last time that you cannot see unless you are up there but I know are there. The color I'm using will be very similar to what is already in the room. I like the color so I'm going with something fairly similar. With the new color it may show on the edges around the window since it won't be the same shade. So I will get all that off. If I'd had the goof off stuff out I'd have done it while I was up there. But , I just cleaned the windows/dusted the corners of the walls etc.

I feel safe on the 12 foot since it is solidly on the ground and locked. Not leaning on anything etc.

Camille my A frame is 12 feet and I'm 5 6. With the extension pole I can get to the other 4 to 5 feet I cannot reach Since I can't stand in the very top.

Carol what color did you paint?

Think i I will put in for a few more days off so I can paint that room. It is so big and having to do up the stairs too it is a lot of work.

Marjorie

Camille--I took "Trash to Treasure" Pineapple Quilt class with Gyleen Fitzgerald last spring.  The theme of the quilt show was "Pineapples Forever", so I decided I needed to finish that quilt and enter.  Glad I did.  Bonnie Hunter was teaching in Pigeon Forge last week, too.  I would love to attend that quilt festival!  Just not enough time!!

Group Power class this morning.

Gotta go--pesky conference call this morning.

Anonymous Guest

I had such a hard time getting up for work today. This weekend just flew by for some reason. Rest/XT on the schedule for today, but with snow turning to cold rain on the schedule tomorrow, I'll probably run tomorrow's 7 tonight and ride the bike in the basement tomorrow. Can't wait to get on a plane for Florida Saturday, even though it means three long days of work Sunday through Tuesday. Because I'm following it up with three days of beach vacation in Naples.

Posting and running this morning.....lots to get done at work.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Sue, I'll have to ck out the pattern. One of Bonnie Hunter's classes sold out in 20 minutes. She was very popular with the other quilter's. I didn't know about the Festival until early Jan and by then, nearly all the classes were sold out. I got into this one by checking often and someone cancelled.

ginnyb

Lisa...great on the 11.5 run!  So glad you are back, it just took longer than you anticipated is all.

Marjorie...you be careful with that painting!

Karen....another PR!  You are amazing!

Damaris.... you really had a speedy recovery, or at least it seemed so to me.

Camille...maybe I will have to take up quiliting, if it means traveling to better weather.  Sounds nice.

Tessa....cookies sound great.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I will be careful. I always am.

I found und a special brush holder that will make doing the windws a lot easier. If they had only had it when I painted the room 8 years ago.  I can angle it at any angle and it will fit on the extension rod and is very solid. I'm happy.

i see the post on Azaleas. I love the flowers and they are out here but I'm allergic to them if I am in contact with the flower. I get a lively contact dermatitis. So we don't have any. Sad. I'm also allergic to rhododendron (they are in the same family)

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, congratulations on the quilt award (and the race!). Which quilt did you exhibit?

Camille, that festival sounds like fun. I haven't been to a quilt show, let alone a festival, in years.

Lisa, as I recall the Midwest has two seasons: Winter and Construction. I always wondered where the highway departments put all the orange cones in the winter!

Marjorie, I'm with you. The A-frame ladders feel much sturdier than the extension ones that are propped against the wall. And I'm afraid to stand on the top of the ladder unless I have something to hang on to. We have a 6', I think, and so to get into the storage area above the garage rafters I have to stand on the top of it and hold onto the rafters.

Scaffolding would be better but that does take some time to build properly.

Carol, quilting is fun!

Karen, yay for vacation, even though you have to pay for it with work days.

Ginny, they have quilting conferences all over. One of the biggest is in Paducah, KY, and the NQS is in Columbus every so often, I have a friend who volunteers for that when it's in Columbus because she lives there.

Lisa, applause on the 11.5 run. She's back!

No run this morning because I took Sis to the airport. I want to go to the gym at lunch. Crazy work day!

Did my lower body weight work out, 10 minutes bike, 10 minutes arc rider machine.  Need to pack tonight for a quick NYC trip to visit new offices and attend a couple of career fairs.  Looking at a run Wednesday morning.. of course snow showers are predicted. Groan.

Tessa-this year they just let the snow cover the cones.. snow cones. But here we use big barrels not cones.

Lisa