Womens Running

MONDAY MORNING, WE MEET AGAIN! DIVAS (Read 16 times)

SassySparky

Post away!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

Morning ladies! Looking forward to a new week here!

RR: USRD! I haven't done this in a long time, but I actually decided to turn off the alarm clock when it went off and sleep in an hour. I only had 3 miles on the schedule and it's a cutback week, so I'll fit it in. I am glad I did it, I didn't get much sleep over the weekend.

RR2: I had a great GROUP run on Saturday! I had 14 with the last 8 at RP on the schedule. One of the grad students in my dept is a big runner and she's been telling me that she does long runs with a group, so I did a 2 mile warm up, then met them for 11 miles, then a 1 mile cooldown. I was confident I could finish the run at their pace (they are training for a half and doing 9;20-9:40s, which is my RP!) so it worked out perfectly! I am going to keep joining them when I can.

NRR: We had an amazing weekend. Cleaned the house, made tons of treats (cupcakes and pretzels) for the Oktoberfest party, went to the party, had a good little date night at home ( watching DVRd tv after the party), got tons of laundry done, had a good lunch out, saw a few houses and .... we put it in an offer on the house that we love!  I'm excited/nervous/hopeful, so please wish us luck! Big D and I are calling mortgage bankers today to get some more quotes.

Jewel - congrats on  your race! Can't wait to read the RR!

NC - sorry to hear you got food poisoning! Do you know what it was from?  I hope you feel better and can do your LR today.

Gotta go, G is up!

POrun

Happy Monday! I'll just be glad when school and this work week are over!

RR: Ran 10 miles with DH on Saturday. Yesterday did a very choppy ocean swim, road 32 miles on the bike, and then ran 3.1 miles. I need to get re-fitted on my bike since I'm getting so much back pain now. I have noticed it a lot this season, but now it seems to be getting worse.

NRR: It was a good weekend. Went out on the boat most of the day Friday, fishing, but didn't really catch any fish. Saturday I had to do school work, and yesterday got all the laundry done and time to watch football. Today is school project finalization, and hopefully will be done with this class tomorrow!

OJ: Great job on your marathon!!!!

Sassy: Some times you just need that extra sleep! Glad you had a nice group run. It can really help your motivation when you get to run with a group. Good luck with the offer!!!

gsdrunner

Sassy: That's so exciting. Good luck with the offer. I was with you this morning with the sleeping in.  Thanks for the help with the nail polish. I went out and got some bottom and top coat by Sally Hansen. It has helped a ton! Now, I just gotta learn to paint them correctly. LOL

NC: Glad you are feeling better.

RR:  I would like to get 5 miles in outside. I think it will have to be with M even though DH is home.

NRR: Broke out again yesterday. I am over it and have no idea what causes it. I took 100mg of Benadryl  in the morning, so my head was in clouds most of the day.  We had a relaxed weekend, which was nice, but all the stuff that needs to get done now has to be squeezed in before we live.  I am reading a book called Whole30, I think I will follow the plan to see if it helps with various things. But I am going to finish the book first. With our trip up north, I think I will be able to do it.

Gotta get M's breakfast made.  Have a great day!

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: not too productive working out this weekend. 2.5 on saturday and 3.3 on sunday. Ran twice on sunday. 1.5 in the morning on the TM and 1.8 in the late afternoon. It was freezing here over the weekend!

NRR: nice and relaxing weekend. got home on friday and took some chicken noodle soup to my mom and dad as my mom had tooth/ root canal type surgery on friday. Then came home and did loads of laundry and cleaning the house a bit. not bad, just pick up and wipe down. M helped with the toilet. lol.  M's parents came on saturday about 1pm and we hung out for the rest of the afternoon and had dinner together then they took off.  it was nice to spend the day with them. Sunday we just relaxed. Nada. Workout, but that was it. tons of football, catching up on tv shows and reading.

sassy: sounds like you had a great run with the running group!

po: hope the back pain goes away with the readjustment of the bike! way to get those workouts done!

gsd: boo about the break outs! I hope you're able to figure it out fast! I know it's probably not that for you, but a couple years ago I was breaking out badly, and it was BC! so I've gone off all forms of BC now as I found I'm pretty much allergic to almost every one.

will try and be back later!

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD, and yoga tonight. My long run yesterday was awesome!! It was a new trail for me, and because I was excited to see what it was like, I went out too fast. I stopped 3x to get myself to slow down. The trail is awesome, lots of rolling hills and then a big down and up, for a total of ~1600' elevation change for one loop, so I got in ~3200' change yesterday. This was a great confidence booster, because the race is 4900' change. I am excited about training now!!

NRR: Got things taken care of this weekend. I took Fay to the dog park yesterday, and it was like the first day of kindergarten. She kept following me around and sticking close, not playing with the other dogs. I imagine she will get more used to it the more often we go. Also yesterday I had this ginormous cookie, because I was hungry. I want to nip that in the bud. It is all too easy for me to start going for cake and cookies when I'm hungry.

Sassy - That's awesome about the group run!  Glad you got some extra sleep.

PO - I imagine they will raise your seat a slight bit, or maybe set it back more. Hopefully you can be finished up with class soon!

GSD - Sorry you got hives again. Could they be stress-related? Seattle did the Whole 30 thing. You might want to ask her how it went.

Lizo - Ha about M helping with the toilet. I used to be my ex-DBF in charge of cleaning the toilet because he was the one responsible for all the mess.

SassySparky

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD, and yoga tonight. My long run yesterday was awesome!! It was a new trail for me, and because I was excited to see what it was like, I went out too fast. I stopped 3x to get myself to slow down. The trail is awesome, lots of rolling hills and then a big down and up, for a total of ~1600' elevation change for one loop, so I got in ~3200' change yesterday. This was a great confidence booster, because the race is 4900' change. I am excited about training now!!

NRR: Got things taken care of this weekend. I took Fay to the dog park yesterday, and it was like the first day of kindergarten. She kept following me around and sticking close, not playing with the other dogs. I imagine she will get more used to it the more often we go. Also yesterday I had this ginormous cookie, because I was hungry. I want to nip that in the bud. It is all too easy for me to start going for cake and cookies when I'm hungry.

Sassy - That's awesome about the group run!  Glad you got some extra sleep.

PO - I imagine they will raise your seat a slight bit, or maybe set it back more. Hopefully you can be finished up with class soon!

GSD - Sorry you got hives again. Could they be stress-related? Seattle did the Whole 30 thing. You might want to ask her how it went.

Lizo - Ha about M helping with the toilet. I used to be my ex-DBF in charge of cleaning the toilet because he was the one responsible for all the mess.

THIS x 1000.

L e e l a

Morning!  I'm back 'round here again.

RR - Did an easy 6 miles this morning with two RPs before tropical storm Karen moved into the area.  One of my RPs is running Baltimore this weekend, so it was a send-off run for her.  Last week was a cutback week, and I am ready for the last push before taper for Richmond!

NRR - DH and I got back yesterday afternoon from a getaway weekend without B.  We had a blast but ate and drank too much.  Looking forward to some clean living!

taylorma1

Sassy-sounds like you had a really busy and fun weekend. Good call sleeping in this morning. Wishing you luck that you get the house

PO-good luck finishing up your class

gsd-oh man, that is crazy about breaking out in hives. Hope you get some relief from it soon. What is the Whole30 book about?

lizo-did you get snow in your town this weekend? I saw that a bunch of places in the Great Plains region got a lot of snow. Crazy that it starts this early in the season

outwest-I am the same way with food. I think it just comes down to not buying those things and keeping healthier snacks around for when you are hungry. I am really going to try and not reach for chips and instead reach for fruit when I am hungry

RR: 5 yesterday and 5 today. Starting to get back into running now after the marathon. I hope to run a half in a month or two and get a PR (of more than a few seconds, which was what I took off during my last half)/

NRR: heading to Chicago this weekend to see DBF and watch the marathon. Kinda sad I am not running it this year, but it will be a blast to watch anyways. Now I just need to get through this week!

NorCal

Morning girls!

Jewel- Can't wait to hear about your marathon! You did GREAT!

NRR. Had such a great Saturday- early morning hike with DH and L, wonderful breakfast, bike ride to S's soccer game, dinner with DH's family... but then we got home and I came down with food poisoning! It was miserable and I was up half the night with it. Had to skip my long run in SF yesterday and spent the day recovering on the couch. Such a waste of a day!

RR. So this was supposed to by my highest week of this training plan and I ended up doing only 2 short runs! Ugh! Today, I'm heading out for my long run, 12-13 miles, we'll see how I feel...

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

SassySparky

I think I'm stress hungry. I just want to eat cupcakes and cookies, which is really rare for me. I'm so stressed about buying a house and work in general! We got a counter offer already! Surprised

outwestrunner

Sassy, if it makes you feel better, I just determined my run was 1 mile longer than I thought BUT the elevation was half so I really only got in 1600' change. BOO  :P

NorCal

Ok I did my 12 miler and it was rough! Almost 2 hours because I took a bathroom break, a fuel break and a few walk breaks. It was really warm out and I just struggled. But I made it through and am glad I did it.

Sassy- Good for you for taking that extra time to sleep this morning, you deserve it! I didn't end up making those pretzels this weekend, because I felt so miserable, so I still want to make them soon. Glad you had a great weekend and GOOD LUCK with the house buying! So exciting, but I know it's stressful too.

PO- Nice job on your workouts this weekend! Hope getting the bike re-fitted will help with the back pain.

GSD- I'm so sorry you broke out again, so miserable! You poor thing! I think a few DIVAs have done Whole30, good luck with it!

Lizo- Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend and time with your parents!

OWR- WOW that's a hilly run, sounds great! A gigantic cookie sounds pretty good right now. I've had a crazy sweet/salt tooth lately. Gotta get it under control!

Leela- Glad you and DH enjoyed a nice getaway together! Hope the storm isn't too terrible for you guys!

Taylor- Enjoy Chicago this weekend. Are you feeling all recovered after the marathon?

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

lizo_77

hi ladies! quick check in.

the weather this weekend wasn't bad just really cold - in the low 40s and rainy all week. the sun didn't appear till sunday late afternoon. On the other side of the state, they literally got anywhere from 18 inches to 3 feet or more of snow. yup. snow. I am sooooo glad that didn't happen here. so taylor... yup! all safe and sound around here thankfully!

taylorma1

Norcal-mostly recovered. Though I can tell my body won't be ready for any longer runs any time soon, but that is alright with me

lizo-good to hear you didn't get dumped with snow