Womens Running

Time for Spring Tuesday Supermoms (Read 17 times)

runninmer

spike - We need a car seat for J for MILs car so she can take the boys to the Y for J's class when she starts watching them more regularly...we are just cheap and don't want to spend the money.  30mph winds sounds terrible.  Even with those temps, I would be on the TM.  Friday sounds like a great day!

zorbs - that sounds really good for the potatoes!  I will tell DH about it.   I feel the same way.  I have mastered dressing for the cold, but  now over dress for the warmer temps.

moxie - How fun about opening day!  That sounds like a blast.  DH just asked last night if we have a date for this summer!  Smile  Good for you for sleeping through your alarm.  Extra sleep is important!  Did you firm up plans for this weekend for you and DH?

eh - Don't worry about not running...you have plenty of time to do so!  (Meaning the rest of your life!)  Your FR sounds really good!

ernie - Have fun with Zorbs at the festival!

becky - I have been thinking about doing a medium-long run midweek for my HM training.  Is that what you are doing?  Yeah....uninterrupted sleep sucks.  I was thinking this AM when I got up that all I want is ONE night to sleep without any interruptions.  In time...  Oh, and caffeine is the ONLY way I get through my day! Smile

rg - J spent a lot of time chatting in his bed last night before falling asleep last  night too.

TR#2:  J got invited to his first "friend" birthday party!  I am super excited about it.  I know the mom because her older daughter ran XC with me this fall.  So....what are some gift suggestions for a 3 year old girl?!  And how much do I spend?  I like the idea of a gift card to somewhere for a special treat but really am clueless when it comes to girls.  When I RSVP'd I asked mom for suggestions.  Hopefully she will talk with DH tomorrow at class and clue us in.  Which reminds me, I need to get J's invites!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

beckykay

Zorbs:  I feel quite nauseated from all the caffeine Smile

Spike:  I'm all for a kiddo climbing in my bed as long as I can fall back asleep faster

beckykay

Mer:  I always do books as gifts.  You can never go wrong with a good book!  Also clueless when it comes to girls.  I need to get on C's birthday as well.  We are having it at the park again and last year I missed out on renting the pavilion because it was already booked, hopefully I am not too late this year!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- I usually just do coloring books for kid parties, because I know I hate getting a million toys

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

spike - That is a really good point.  I was just telling DH the other night that I am not looking forward to all of the crap that J will get for his birthday.  I would much prefer a small gift and then the rest in cash so we can put it in his savings account.  Or, for people to not spend much as he doesn't need more stuff.  Hmmm.....I like Becky's idea of books and yours of Coloring Books.  Hmmm.....

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - That is a really good point.  I was just telling DH the other night that I am not looking forward to all of the crap that J will get for his birthday.  I would much prefer a small gift and then the rest in cash so we can put it in his savings account.  Or, for people to not spend much as he doesn't need more stuff.  Hmmm.....I like Becky's idea of books and yours of Coloring Books.  Hmmm.....

Or what about GC to go to the movies?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

beckykay

Mer:  YEah, Tuesdays are a midweek long run but I've been pushing them to Wed for awhile.  I was going to try and get it done today but I need a nap first....

RR - have track tonight, supposed to be 2x 1600 at threshold, 600 at interval. super light since so many people doing HM sunday.  Although its soo nice out right now, feel like it would be criminal not to take little man out in the BOB.

BR - had half a yogurt, and some oatmeal last night before bed.  went down at 10:30pm, woke up at 2 and 6. had short work shift this a.m., K has not adjusted to DST, poor guy protested being woken up and taken ot of bed.  I felt bad.

FR- friends birthday today, after track we are all going out to BBQ resturaunt tonight.  Hoping to make marshmallow trail mix bars for our friend/track babysitter too.

NRR: K is napping time to get 'er done!...side note all this cold weather and both DH and I running ,  (DH ran 70 miles last week, I ran 62miles)holy cow we have soooo much laundry!

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

runnergirl9508

zorbs- lol on pee coming- at least you were close to home still. have fun at the maple syrup festival today! I bet B and S have a great time. hope the massage is good.

Ernie- enjoy the tempo run in the warmer temps- it was so nice not to layer up to run today! I've been spending as much time as I can outside with R before we get this stupid snow storm. He's loving it! I did sleep better last night, thanks for asking!

reh- sorry you're not feeling well. I can honestly say that if I waited until the end of the day to run/workout it wouldn't happen. I have no energy that time of the day. Bummer about the MW- what don't you like about her? I had considered switching to a MW practice, but there aren't any within a 45min driving distance. Mmm ,can't go wrong with pancakes!

CA- ugh, sorry that you're feeling sick. Is it just a head cold? I've always found that a short easy run helps when I'm sick, even if I feel like sh!t the first mile. glad that M's first day went well. YAY for RP coming home today!

Becky- hope that you can get your 7 in today. I can't wait to put my flowers in- this warmer weather makes me want to start gardening. Mmm tacos! Ugh- boo on DH keeping you up. Interrupted sleep is the worst- hope you can get some good rest tonight!

moxie- that plan looks great! have a great run after school today. ugh, sorry on the eating problems- hope she gets back to normal soon. Have fun at baseball- when's opening day?

Mer- have a great run today. We're getting snow tomorrow Sad  Glad that H is doing so well with the solids! Aww, poor J crying about his haircut. We just cut R's hair here- I've never been brave enough to take him somewhere. I have a feeling he'd cry through the whole thing too. R typically takes off at a sprint when we go for a walk, lol. It's .35 of a mile to the nearest park, on a bike path, and he'll run the whole way there, play for an hr or longer, then run the whole way home. Endless energy from these kids.

spike- I hate the springtime winds- it's like that here in April. Nice warmer days, but windy. So annoying. Boo on the sleep- I get so cranky now too when R wakes me up. I have zero problems with the wakeups with a newborn, b/c obviously they need to wake up to eat; but the toddler wakeups are annoying as shit. Pub crawl sounds like fun! Is your friend watching R overnight? Thanks for the reminder about the carseat- I think the one in DH's Jeep is close to expiring. DH's work has car seat safety days, and you can bring in your expired seats and get a free brand new one. And they do nicer brands too, not the cheap Safety 1st.

E-rain- do you workout with a group/have a coach? Yay for K eating so well last night. Those marshmallow bars sound yummy! Is your DH running Boston too? Are you hoping for a PR there?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RR - 8.5 km's done, I felt pretty good despite the cold, I'll probably be coughing up a lung this afternoon but it'll have been worth it!  I found out that our office building does have a gym/changerooms/showers, but also found out they belong to another tenant Sad

mer - yay for stroller walks!  it's so nice that the weather is getting nicer for our kids to all get outside.  It's amazing how much a hair cut can change them at this age.  Maiya loves books and stickers, so they'd be great gifts that are fairly safe.

spike - it's always windy in the spring here too, I always pick routes that start into the wind and do 1/4 into, 1/2 with, 1/4 into (1/4 of the run that is, not of a mile/km).  Your talk of lamb meatballs has me craving them!

E-rainrun - The track run sounds tough, but fun, especially with the bbq meal out after!  Nice mileage!!

RG - cold is in my throat, chest, so it's probably a no to running but I went anyway and felt fairly good.  I figured I'd cut it short if I felt like crap.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

running eh

CA - my kids rarely talk about their day at school and my DS (in SK) can never remember what he did in a day either!  Yay for RP coming home, hope she had a great time!  The midwifery care seems like overkill to me at this point.  I didn't need her to read a hand out to me (that is posted on her website and I could read myself) about why I shouldn't eat lunch meat and under cooked eggs and chicken.  I also don't need her to tell me that my blood pressure of 110/70 is perfectly normal.  I felt like I was a child...I liked my OB, but I didn't like my RN at my last delivery, so I thought I'd try something different.

becky - SO jealous about the pansies!!  Yay for taco Tuesdays - yum!!  Hope you don't catch the man cold!

moxie - opening day sounds so fun, hope your days get approved!  Sorry about the picky eater - that drives me crazy, I now have two kids that won't eat fruit!

mer - yikes on the arrests - I was going to say that doesn't sounds too bad, but then I reread the sentence and read about a stabbing - not cool!  The kids always look so much older after getting their hair cut!

spike - the pub crawl sounds fun, especially with friends.  Sorry about the bedfellow.  In my sleepy stupor I can never remember that I really shouldn't have the kids sleep in my bed.  It is so much easier to just try to sleep with them and not drag them back to their rooms kicking and screaming.

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- my problem is not about R crawling into my bed- he stands in his doorway and wails for me to come get him. I need to be more firm and make him go back to bed, but I cave and bring him to my bed thinking I will get more sleep, but he is such a thrasher I usually just get pissed off.

E-Rainrun- mmmm bbq!

Mer- I found the carseat I want, but Walmart is the cheapest place to buy it. Uggg I hate walmart.