Womens Running

Thinking of Warmth Thursday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

11.5°. Snug up all who are braving the cold and snow.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Good hard workout yesterday. 35 minutes of a run/cardio mix. My abs are sore so that must be a good indication of progress?

I'm adding more protein to my diet and it has really helped to defray the frantic hunger. Had a nice dinner out.

Two nights ago I went to turn quickly (at home), the left foot tripped the right, fell into the corner of the hall, banged the left forearm, and finally landed on the tailbone and the exact spot where I had had the staples in my head a year ago. Fortunately, where I landed was padded well by a nice cushioned rug so I was not hurt. Geeze!

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Judy...glad that you did not hurt yourself, be careful woman!!!!

I think I am in a mini-slump, didn't exercise yesterday or today, but it's okay I feel guilty, so I will get back on track tonite or tomorrow.  We had some more snow last night and this morning temps are near 0, so just don't feel like moving!   I did shovel the driveway last night though, that counts , right????

Lisa....enjoy ;NYC.

Marjorie....sorry about your Dad, hope he heeds your advice.

Carol....so good that you are finally feeling yourself!  That was quite a bout of the flu, or whatever bug you had.

Hi to all!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day today

Judy glad you weren't badly hurt

Ginny I think you are doing better this winter than last.  You don't seem as down this year

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! Yesterday's 9 went well, but after that, then making dinner, doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen, I was done. I was falling asleep by 9:30. I'm 70% through a book that is due back to the library in 3 days, so I was trying to stay awake and read, but finally had to give up. But hey, I slept well!

Today is a rest day from running. I'm planning to ride the bike for an hour, but the workout I have slated to do looks really hard. I may substitute an easier one, since my legs are still getting used to running longer during the week.

Carol, glad you're finally feeling better. You got hit hard.

Judy, yikes on the fall. Glad you weren't hurt.

Ginny, I agree with Marjorie, I think you are doing better with winter this year. And after this year, if winter starts getting you really down again, just come visit me for a few days. Or weeks. And yes, shoveling counts!

Morning Marjorie! Enjoy the rest day. Something tells me that when you have a rest day you get more other things accomplished than most people.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hey! Forgot to check in yesterday.  And I'm not in underline-ville any more!  Yesterday did 4 miles on the tm and an hour on the bike trainer.  Whew!  Spin class this morning.

BF wanted to move his Sleep Number bed to my house.  My mattress is 10 years old, so I finally relented.  After almost a week I have to admit (tho i haven't told him yet) I feel great!!  I am having the BEST workouts this week (and all have been either increased time , speed or distance) and my back does not hurt!!  The leg pain(sciatica or piriformis?) does not bother me.  Woohoo!!

Judy--glad you didn't get hurt when you fell.  Be careful sweetie!

Marjorie--sorry about the Dad drama.  Wife must be an idiot.

Hi Ginny!!  Hope you have a smiley day!!

I really wish I could leave work early and go home to  sew.....

Have a great day!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, thanks for checking. I don't expect a thank you note -- it's nice to know it got there and I hope he enjoys it!

Judy, hope you feel better soon ad don't fall any more, OK?

Susan/crazysue, beds are like dirty windshields. We get used to them being less than ideal and then when we switch beds or wash the windshield we wonder how we ever put up with the bad conditions! Glad you are getting better workouts. (I am carefully not making any comments about the bed quality improving other types of workouts...)

you know if somebody was going to go there it would be me, right?

Ginny, I agree with Marjorie, you sound happier this year. Go work out tomorrow! And yes shoveling counts. Though as the "Frazz" comic said yesterday, shoveling snow instead of a run is like a PTA meeting instead of bingo.

Karen, hope you can get the book finished. That's one disadvantage to e-books -- they can retrieve them whether you are done or not!

I am leaving work early, but not to sew. Teaching a class and then to choir practice. I will probably get home about 9:45.

4 miles this morning, ran to the post office and back. I was hoping that the last 1099s I need would have arrived, they had to be mailed by Saturday, but no documents. Dammit. I want to get my taxes done!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon, ladies!  Busy week at work, ugh.  Ran 6 on Tuesday, 9 with 5 at faster than MP yesterday, and 6 this morning.  I have Pilates and weights later.

Judy, nice workouts.  Ouch at the fall.  Hopefully, nothing major was bruised or hurt.

Ginny, enjoy the track tonight.

Marjorie, sorry about your dad.

Karen, nice job on the 9.

Sue, nice run and good luck with the new bed.

Tessa, nice 4.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Marjorie, I'm also sorry about your dad's fall and sure hope the PT helps.  I'm also sorry about the step mom.

Demaris, nice workouts, lady.  Faster than marathon pace-great job.  It seems you are breathing better since getting rid of the bookcase.

Judy, I'm glad you didn't have an injury.

Karen, nice miles these days!

Ginny, shoveling definitely counts as aerobic and weight lifting.  : )  You've been doing great this winter...don't let up now.

Tessa, it sounds like a long, busy and productive day!

Hi Lisa, Sue, Laura (nice seeing you more), Cindy and anyone else who might post.

I received a call from the National Forest ranger in response to my message about the trail ultras.  He seemed very reasonable.  He said they have had 4 organizers of trail runs in the past 2-3 years and 3 of the 4 have adhered to the conditions of the permit and will likely be approved this year.  The one who didn't adhere to the conditions was fined and won't be allowed back.  He said he thinks some people have preconceived ideas about how the races are run (maybe thinking of short road races). He said it would help if I send an email in support of allowing trail races  and I'll do that tomorrow.  I'll also call the guy from GA Forest Watch who is encouraging people to oppose the races just to share my point of view.  If anyone else is interested (since it's national), I'll post his email address tomorrow.

I've been at  mom's since Monday. She's had some shortness of air and had a bit of wheezing so I was pretty tied up with doc appts, x-rays, etc. I did get in a nice run on the Greenway on the way back. It was about 40 at the start and breezy, so I walked 2 to warm up then ran 7.  It was longer, but  so much easier than the hilly runs here.

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks. The wife is not very bright. I just think my dad is winding down. I don't think he will live much longer. Just a feeling. I could be wrong but I've seen decline like this a lot in my job. When I was there in November I noticed significant declining physically. I dread having to deal with her if that happens.

Tessa he really likes the wood. That is a bright spot as it gives him something to fiddle with. He was getting some of his drafting stuff out to work on drawings for his next project. He has a hard time finding places where he is to get the woods he wants to work with. What you sent was perfect.

Marjorie