Womens Running

Thursday Has Blown In (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Wind chill. Brrr!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday Fast Buddy and I did 30 minutes  fast after I did 15 minutes moderately.

Car is being fixed (I hope) today. Several fixes necessary. A friend is taking me to work so I will do a long cardio when I get home.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Wednesday - 2.5 after work miles.

This morning - 4.2 outside.  A bit windy and cold but roads are dry.  Probably Fusion class tonight.

Judy - hope the car is fixed with no other issues!  Thanks for starting us out today.

Karen - I hope your boss agrees to your schedule change, I would think it wouldn't be that big a deal and it would help you out so much, good luck!

Sue - I know, when is it spring lol

Damaris - you definitely deserved a rest day

Camille - sorry about the family drama, hang in there.

Marjorie - hello there!!

camille2

Good morning!

Laura, you're so reliable.. Ran yesterday and today! : )

Judy, good luck with the car.

Marjorie, enjoy the break.  I'm sure the doggies were thrilled to see you!

Ginny, how's the decorating coming?  How neat to live in a 1902 house!

Are both NC Amy's running Thunder Road?  Good luck!

CArol, have fun at wedding!

I found out my legs aren't quite ready to run again. Started yesterday, but they're still pretty tired and I have an odd little catch occ in hip.  The race did get me enthused about running again though and I'm looking at race calendars.

A last note about the race results-the 59 year old they had as running a 3:24 and winning the Master's had actually run the half. They had her as Master's winner, too, since she was >40.  That made Jane actually win her AG, at least  until they change the  results again. : ) She went from 3rd, to 2nd to first.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning

i will start back running tomorrow or Sat. Haven't decided yet.

Camille I am enjoying the rest but I REALLY want to run!!   Wasn't Thinder rd last weekend?  I thought it was the same as OBX schedule

Laura rag our wind has died down finally. Still chilly out. We had some frost this morning.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Geez camille, sounds like with a little patience Jane might end up winning the whole darn thing! And I'm glad you're excited about running again - can't wait to hear what races you come up with!

I am pretty sure Amy D is running the full at Thunder Road and I think THM is runnning the half, but not positive on her.

Judy, hope the car repairs are not too painful.

Laura, nice workouts. My boss isn't in this morning so I emailed her. I think she'll be okay with it - one other person works that schedule and the employee handbook says you can work a flexible schedule as long as you get approval. I thought about waiting since I'm so new, but with everyone's travel and me taking on a lot of stuff sooner than she thought I would, it's not like I need to be here at the exact same times as everyone else.

Marjorie, it must be hard at times to be so disciplined - but your hip will thank you.

I ran 5 last night on the TM. Will run 5-6 more tonight after work. I'm just trying to keep up some decent mileage this week (at least 40 miles) then will taper next week for JFK 50. Which I'm not really looking forward to - I don't know that I really want to be an ultra runner. Marathons are plenty far.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bed magnet got me this morning.  I was just so warm and snuggled in.

Randy will meet me after work for 8 miles along the beach.  Glad someone will keep me accountable.

Arimathea

Tessa

Phew. Surviving so far.

Judy, hope the car is all fixed and there are no more surprises lurking under the hood.

Camille, sorry it is difficult arranging your mother's care. If your brother is so dead set against her moving into assisted living or hiring a caregiver to be with her, he needs to step up and assume a lot more of the load. And arranging a week or a day at a time means that he is going to be constantly having "conflicts" and you or your sister will have to step in and take more, you know that.

And they had someone who completed the half in 3:24 down as the OA woman winner? Sheesh. I hope she set them right as soon as she realized the error. Maybe she was registered for the full and decided to drop to the half?

Susan, hope you enjoy the after-work run!

Karen, I would definitely switch hours. Starting early usually works better than later.

Good luck to both Amys this weekend!

4 both yesterday morning and this morning. I hope I can get a bit more of a run in before choir practice. This schlep over to the radiation treatment is going to get old very quickly.

camille2

Tessa, they had the half finisher as the master's winner. All of us waiting were super impressed that a 59 yr old ran a 3:24 and were sorry she wasn't there for awards.  It took a while for the correction...not sure what happened.  I totally agree about bro and schedule, though I'll be happy if he just does his share.  He thought he was, but obviously he wasn't keeping track like I have been.  He's a good guy, but he "never does anything" per other bro, which makes him not see our need to plan.

I'm glad you are surviving. Any senior vans or handicap van services available for the trek?  They were lifesavers for our pts in Fairbanks though they often had to be booked far ahead..

Karen, I emailed Jane your comment about overall winner.

Marjorie, I'm pretty sure Thunder rd is this weekend.

I have to go to town and plan to hit the gym for a little core work. It's been a while.

Anonymous Guest

Glad to see you're keeping your head above water Tessa!

Susan, the bed magnet is strong during the winter months, trust me, I know.

Talked to the boss and now officially working 8-4. I am generally awake around 6, but can't seem to make myself get up and workout. I'll sometimes get up and do other things though, or I'll just lay there until my alarm goes off at 7. So this should work out much better for me. And hopefully the earlier trains are less crowded in the afternoon shortly after 4 than they are shortly after 5. Yesterday I missed the 5:11 and the 5:16 was so crowded I had to shove my way on, then stand the whole time. I don't mind the train at all when I can sit and suf the web or read a book, but I hate standing and being smooshed up against a bunch of strangers for a half hour.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Woohoo!  had a great 8.8 miles with Randy.  He was really speedy today.  I had to work to keep up.  Yes, I know--good for me.