Womens Running

Funny Friday - Supermoms (Read 8 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - a bit of KB and maybe some yoga.  Or maybe all KB, who knows.

KR - ate every bite of the pasta at the kindergarten dinner.  He cut the penne into perfectly even small pieces with his fork before he ate it. Then they had a ton of activities set up so he had a great time.

FR - quiche, salad

NRR - the kindergarten thing unexpectedly set off my anxiety, and DH didn't pick up on it and said some things to people that embarrassed me and made things worse.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Not sure.  I have the boys again tonight, so if I do, it will be with the double.

BR:  Still a snotty coughing mess.  Poor guy.  DH got some good 8 month pics of him.

TR:  Was such a wiggle worm at dinner, he made it not fun.

NRR:  Last day of school!  I will be in on Monday, but the kids are free after today.  I have a total of 60 minutes with kids and the rest of my day is getting stuff done.  Kind of seems surreal.

FR: No clue.  My big decision today was hot or iced coffee...I went with hot knowing it is always cold in the building!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: plan is to run 2-3 miles and lift at the gym while my oil is being changed in my car. Joan said she would meet up with me.

RR2: Trying to decide if I want to run the local race next weekend. I will need to get a sitter since DH will be coming off nights and needs to go bed when he gets home. Its a 2m or 5m. Is it bad that I think I'd rather do the 2m since I PR'd the 5 mile last year and I know I'm not in PR shape for it this year? I haven't done the 2m since 2008.

TR: Was in a crap mood yesterday. I think he was just overtired.

FR: Pork fried rice last night. Starting to feel depressed about my weight gain, I need to clean up my eating and run a lot more.

NRR: DH got the jeep last night so I didn't see him other than him coming home for 2 mins to give R a goodnight kiss. He took the day off to play with it some more today. We are going out for Mexican tonight for a friend's bday.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- Do you only get social anxiety in situations where you are expected to go but its not your idea? Or do you sometimes get it in smaller group settings or at races you plan for? I get some social anxiety, too, but for the most part I can deal with it. I've only had a panic attack once, at my grandma's funeral because everyone was eating nuts and then wanting to give me hugs/kisses and I freaked.

Mer- my go-to coffee has been a triple shot iced white coffee, white chocolate vanilla latte, my hot one is a white coffee mocha. I don't like black coffee.  I rarely take R out to eat because he can't sit still. Even at home he's constantly standing up, sitting down, moving to a different chair, etc.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - ha I had that dilemma earlier this week, I got iced coffee even though it was supposed to be a warm day and I hadn't run yet!

spike - 2 miles is over too fast! do 5 miles for fun.  My anxiety seems to happen when I'm at a social gathering where people I don't know are talking to me and I'm supposed to make conversation.  Last night, we were seated at a table for dinner with another couple and their son, they were making small talk and the principal came over and also made small talk, I was paralyzed and couldn't say a word, G had to speak for me and it made me more embarrassed because I looked like a mute idiot.  Races don't bother me. Even meetups with DM people don't bother me.  It's the total strangers.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- half my job is small talk. The weather is a good place to start as well as "doing anything fun this weekend"?  If I did the 2 miler, I could have  DS and his godmother cheer for me at the turnaround, but the 5 mile is out on the port (where I used to do 75% of my running before we moved) and there are no trees and its just zig-zagging on busted up asphalt and gravel roads in an industrial area. This is the race that starts at the base of a big ass hill which weeds out the noobs from the get-go.   I'm also looking at running a race on the 4th and 5th of July. The one on the 5th would be a 1 miler with DS.