Womens Running

Thundering Tuesday (over 40) (Read 16 times)

Bikerchick1

Up early to met RB at the track for bleecher/hill work out - but am not going becasue of thunderstorms.  Will run in rain, but figure metal bleechers not the place to be during a thunderstorm.  So rescheduled for later.

LCruns - Hope you had a nice vacation!  I think you will love the 4 day work week!

Judy - Hope you have a great work out today!

Lisa - Love the "do not judge" comment.....I'm thinking....only the 99cent bag 

Camille - I just love hearing your Alaska adventures!

Damarias - Good luck with finding food that works!  I have had good luck with pretzel pieces and cliff bars.

Haven't heard from Ginny for awhile???

Hi to all that follows!

Carol

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I did a good 45 minutes again at the track. It is nice having few people and having the track to myself for quite a while. I’m adjusting my songs so I am diverted nicely by the new song pattern.

I hope to do the track today. It is supposed to be stormy. If it’s too threatening, I can exercise at home on the TM.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Carol-good idea to not be on the piece of metal rising from the ground when there is lightning.  I only wonder what the vice is when it isn't obvious like Fun-yons or chocolate... and if it makes sense for me to add it to my list. LOL

Judy-yeah for new songs!

Off to gym for weight work outs.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Got up at 330 to run one of my favorite areas. I'm down by hilton head for work. Well worth getting up early. Will be busy day

Lisa I'm with you. I don't care for funions

Carol I don't like to run if lightening. Will run in rain but dh won't let me run if lightening is out.

Marjorie

ginnyb

sorry I have been MIA for a few.  Went to Columbus Friday until Sunday and then yesterday I was just plain lazy!

4 miles this morning.  They were ok, nothing like the runs I was having before.  Oh well....all good things must come to an end I suppose.  It was still a good run, hadn't run since Friday.  Also made dinner for tonight and homemade salsa, all this morning, I even had to go to the farmer's market for the tomatoes...I am woman hear me roar!!! Of course, now I am ready for a nap, too bad I am at work.

Lisa....chex mix, my favorite, any kind!

Trying to lose at least 5 pounds, I don't know where the darn weight comes from, it creeps up on you!  I probably need to lose 10, but will start with 5.  Wish I didn't love food so much.  I have been hitting the chips quite a bit lately, could that be it?

Judy....sorry about Saturday, things will get better with time.

Are we still discussing the Charleston marathon?  It was Charleston wasn't it?

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 miles and a PiYo workout tonight.  It's super hot and humid out there (as if that's not normal, LOL) so I might head to the TM.

Carol, hope your hill workout went well.

Judy, good luck with the storms.

Lisa, hope you enjoyed the weights.

Marjorie, nice run.

Ginny, some days are not so good. Hope you get back that feeling on your next.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey!  Did 6 miles this morning.  Still stiff from the weekend, but wasn't too bad.

We had a riot of a time discussing food on our trip to Shreveport.  One of the gals has turned over a new tree and is eating very healthy--told us about all the sugar and additives we were consuming while the other gal sat next to her and ate potato chips and m&ms on the way home.  She does look AWESOME and killed the race!!  Potato chip & m&m friend has put on a lot of weight since I last saw her (muffin top wow) and was a little slower Sunday, so I know there is a balance in there somewhere.  I am trying to make better choices without going over the deep end.  A few funyuns (or insert your guilty pleasure here) won't hurt in the colossal scheme of things.

Other two audit trips were canceled.  Whew.  The other auditor is Thai and I am trying to decide if there is some catty meaning behind the way the email read or not.  It was also sent to my boss.  Oh well.  Whatever.

OTOH, I will get more sewing and better workouts if I don't have to travel.  Wink

Docket_Rocket

The problem is that I open a huge bag of Funyuns (or whatever tastes yummy) and it's gone before I realize it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Yes Ginny!  Charleston SC marathon. January. MLK weekend. You can stay here.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Chex Mix, yum. Muddy Buddies, yum. Funyuns, yum. All of those are great post race food. (Reese's Fast Break is another guilty pleasure.)

Dammit, now I want junk food.

Susan, I was wondering where you were, welcome back!

Hi Judy, Carol, Lisa, Ginny, Marjorie, Damaris, and anyone posting later!

4 this morning. RN texted me to say she is sleeping in. Then she texted me later to ask if I want to do the Avalon 50-50. I think maybe yes. It is the week before Charleston. Hmmm.

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

3.2 this morning, legs were tired.  I ran a double yesterday and my legs were feeling it today lol

Hi Carol - sorry you had to miss your workout.  We had misty rain this morning, but no storms.  I hate the darker mornings though, bleh.  But, now on Friday I can sleep in and run in the daylight woot woot!

Hi Judy - hope you had a good track workout

Lisa - enjoy the weights!

Ginny - nice 4!  Mmmmm, salsa

Hi Damaris - hope you were able to run outside, but I can only imagine the humidity down your way

Sue - I do love my m&m's but really try and eat pretty healthy.  The RB I ran the marathon with has gained quite a bit of weight too which I think slowed her down.

BTW, I haven't seen or run with her since the race (texted a couple of times), whatever

Docket_Rocket

I did run outside.  weather.com said the heat index was just 92F and they lied.  But by the time I melted I was turning back home and finishing mile 4 so I guess I had no choice?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Tired. 5 hour committee meeting today. My other committee meets tomorrow - it will be even longer. Thank goodness these things only happen twice a year. Ran 8 with 5x1000 at 10K pace after work. Tomorrow I have 6 easy...looking forward to that and wondering if I can find the energy to get it done before work.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel