Womens Running

Weekend Women (Over40) (Read 17 times)

ginnyb

Ran 6.34 miles this morning in my new shoes.  Another Great run, I am excited.  Just hope the shin doesn't act up again.  It felt fine while running.  My shoes are Brooks Pureflow 3.  Not minimalist, but close, and I really liked how they felt.  The people at the running store suggested them, kind of good for neuroma, which I have in my right foot,  It was a beautiful morning, chilly, but calm winds.  Saw the sunrise and wished that I had my camera, I was down on the docks at the time overlooking Cedar Point, really was pretty..

Karen...another good race for you!  Heck, they are all good!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

6 more miles around the neighborhood to give me 16 for the day. I still need to get out on the bike at some point, but that will just be a leisurely pedal around the neighborhood to get used to riding and being in the aerobars and not being on the trainer.

One cool thing this morning. Before the start I'm talking to this women. She's older than me, but we're having the normal conversation, running, racing, weather, etc. She mentioned that she raced a 10K last weekend but hadn't run since, so her 10 miler today would probably be slow. I glance down at her bib at one point - she's 82 years old!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Sunday to everyone.  DH and I did a nice 5.3 mile run along a nice trail overlooking the ocean.  Then went out for breakfast to make sure we replaced those calories and then some...

Ginny, sounds like your new shoes are working out well!

Karen, congrats on your race yesterday!  And nice PR on the 10 miler.  I hope I'm still racing when I'm 82 years old.

Cindy, there's nothing magical about the 20 mile number when training for a marathon -- could be 21, could be 19.  I think the idea is to get your body used to spending a long time on your feet, but without making the run so long that you wear yourself down too much and need a long recovery time (or risk injury from overuse).  I would try to get in at least 3 x 20 miles.  I agree with Carol -- Higdon beginner plans are pretty solid.  It'll get you to the starting line and to the finish line.  Go for it!

Damaris, woohoo on 51+ miles this week!  I'm working back up to 40+ per week, at 32 now.

Carol, nice 14 yesterday.  What trail HM are you doing?

Marjorie, do you go with running or mowing today? Or both?  (Probably not at the same time, haha.)

Enjoy the rest of the day!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My I don't have to do anything but run day has turned busy. I ran 10.2.

Dh went to work because he wanted yo catch up. Well, the lawn really was bad. Needed mowed on the sides and back. So I mowed. Swept up afterwards, picked up sticks.  Cleaned the house. Put down the new area rug in the family room. Need to put the one diwn in the formal living room but haven't. Did the laundry. Shredded all the junk mail.  Got the stuff out to wrap the gifts for dad's wife, put new tassels on the cords of the blind upstairs since I had broken one long ago and the ones I ordered came. Replaced the air filter and put a new door stopper thingy on the back door since the other one of the rubber stoppers was cracked so it was going to break off soon. Got the paint stuff put away other than the brush I need for touch up. How did my I don't need to do anything day become so filled?

Karen, nice job!

Ginny yay for nice runs!

Gatsby I did bothSmile. Oh I also put the flea stuff on the pups and got Hammy's swim stuff all ready for next week since I have a hair appointment so dh gets to take them on Sat.

Marjorie

Gatsby-DD's Forensic coach use CAP LOCK and highlights text when really really important and uses exclamation points.  But there is no saying you didn't know something was important with her emails.

Ginny-glad the run went well, sounds pretty.

Karen-like the name... Cherry Pit.  Good job on another PR.  I'm starting to think that you are just sandbagging even now and have a WR in you. :-)

Marjorie-lots needed doing for a day that didn't need anything!

Cindy-I'm sure that you did your fair share of walking to make up for not running. And yes, a full sounds like it's in the works for you.

Damaris-nice mileage!

Carol-I'm feeling it after the double digits.  Just wiped out.

Leg's still not A-OK.  But I have a feeling this is the way it is going to be.

Lisa