Womens Running

We're Here Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Wink

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I went to the park. It was a good 60 minute run out in the leaves. Every time I go out onto the trail I see woodchucks. I wonder if they prepare to hibernate? No deer yet, thank heaven. They are huge and scary. There was a weirdo trying to talk to me yesterday in the park. I sped up and dashed away.  Perhaps petite women are easy marks. I have been carrying my keys in my hand lately on the advice of my cop buddy.

Today I’ll go back to the gym. It’s safer and I have friends who look after me. Big grin

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning!

Slept in a bit today, tired out from two workouts yesterday.  Planning on doing 3 or so after work, really trying to do something every day Smile

Judy - sounds like a nice Park run, minus the creeper - ugh, what is it with these weirdos???

Good Morning!  Group Power class today.  Wasn't really feeling it, but hung in there anyway.  Wink

Judy--Yes!  Do watch out for the weirdos!!  I started running with a group on Tuesdays and Thursdays and feel much safer.  So glad they decided to start running.

Still very quiet at work.  Pray for the government workers who did not get even half of their regular paycheck.  My friend got $600 for two weeks.  Not pretty.  This has to end soon.  Thankful I am working and got a full paycheck.

ginnyb

Wish we had trails around here to run.  SRD for me today.

Judyruns...yes, what is it with the weirdos?  Be careful.

I slept in today too LC, if you call 5:30 sleeping in, but for me it is.

Sue..so glad that you have continued to work.  Feel badly for those who have not been able to.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

12.5 for me.

Judy do be careful with those strangers!

Laura and Ginny today is a day to sleep in. I did a bit too. But being I had barely any room in the bed when I went to bed last night it was warranted. Dh went to bed early since he had been up since 130 am for a fire investigation. Well, he was taking up almost all of the bed. The put Quincy in the mix I had a postage stamp size space. Getting dh to move was hard. Quincy would have moved but he didn't have anywhere to go. Funny poor dog knows when I say let me in, he has to move over in the bed. Problem was he had no where to go. Now if dh would learn that command......

Marjorie

camille2

I'm back at my cabin for a week. Smile I've been at my mom's for 5 of the last 7 days.  We really need to make another plan, but she wants to stay at her home...and have us stay there, too.  A couple weeks of that is OK, but it's getting old. I'll make calls in the morning to collect info then we can give her some choices.

Marjorie, thanks so much for the recommendation to do the carriage tour. You were so right-it was great!  I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you, but it was even a quicker trip than I planned. My brother and brother-in-law were both sick, so I ended up staying at my mom's till Sat a.m. I drove up and met dau and SIL in Charleston around 3 for lunch, then we made the last carriage ride at 5.  We did a boat tour which circled Ft Sumter (which was closed due to the childish men in Washington),   did 3 miles on that gorgeous bridge, then ate seafood. I had my apt at 8:30 on Monday and headed back to my mom's. We liked Charleston! You could tell we were from the hills with our long pants and shirts. : )   BTW, I'm so sorry your tummy is unhappy again.

Karen...woot-woot!  Way to go!  You rock!  Awesome job!  You earned that time and I'm so happy you got it!

Laura, I hope you job is great!

Ginny. nice run!

Demaris, I'm so sorry you had trouble at Chicago! It was my first and I was hoping you'd have a good one.

Sue, I'm glad you are working and feel bad for your co-workers. I don't get the point of telling employees they'll be paid retroactively...what about the lost productivity? Terrible management.  I heard MCM is in jeopardy, too.

Judy, you have more than your share of weird men there. What up with that?  Too many retirees with too much time?

Cindy, cute pic of the birthday boy!

c

Gatsby, I hope your retreat is better than expected.

Tessa, I hope things are easing up a bit with Hospice helping.  I'm impressed you are still out there logging some miles.

Lisa, tell that knee to shape up! I was so sorry to read it was hurting again. You'll be a great wave L volunteer.

Carol, it sounds like you are busy!  How's the wedding coming?

I had a nice run/walk at the greenway yesterday. I need to get out for a couple miles, esp since I just polished offw a little bag of dark chocolate almonds.  Blush  That was after pizza for lunch!

I am hopeful after the Charleston appt. and major med changes.  That doc agrees that long term or frequent prednisone is not a good idea and also recommends stopping 2 other meds, but greatly increasing the antihistamines (max to 6x nl dose).  He also thinks another one is causing the intermittent (but extreme) fatigue, so I'm tapering that one.  My med list looks much more reasonable and I'm hoping by the weekend, I 'll feel more energetic. Now if that  constant urge to eat will fade away too, I may feel almost normal again.  : )

LC Runs

Hi Sue,  Ginny and Marjorie  Big grin

Camille - glad you are feeling a bit better!  Yes, the job is great, I am so happy Smile

Hi all!

PT really worked a spot on the back of my knee and broke thru something. Felt much better.  Still swelling and some pain in front. She said that withiut X-ray vision she can only go with scar tissue still needing to break up. That there could be some within the joint itself (?). Advised me to roll behind knee and get a lacrosse ball to roll back there and talked about a muscle being tight that connects there. Felt better after. Got in 2.6 miles up to 65% body weight and felt pretty good. Not normal but not too bad.

Weird not not to be obsessing over Detroit this week.

Lisa