Womens Running

Summer starts Weekend (over 40) (Read 14 times)

Marjorie-I missed it... what happened to your foot?

Karen- This will be your challenge... don't let Lisa catch up to you. Then again, if you do start to crash you'll know that I've got your back.  Katie starts her 50k an hour ahead of the marathon and then the course is the same.  I'm probably going to start out slow (ha!) so that her and I end up together.

Damaris-sometimes you just have to think of them as endurance runs and nix any idea of speed or distance.

Camille-nice job and I hope the hip keeps improving.

Gatsby-As much as I complain about the weather extremes I do love 4 seasons.

Nothing too big today other than stuff around house and a graduation party.  Really pleasantly surprised that I feel completely fine today.  Not sore, nothing aching.  I rolled really well this morning so maybe that helped.  Quite the confidence builder though to have done 21 miles on a tough trail and to feel like I could have done more.  It did help that my run buddy had problems (not good for him of course) towards the end so we walked more frequently and brought the run speed down quite a bit.  Just great today to feel fine.

Lisa

camille2

Woo-hoo, Lisa!  It's great that you feel good today.

Karen, I've no idea if you'll get up, but that sounds pretty darn early, so you'll be excused if you don't. I know what you mean about things seeming a bargain in different environments.  I just looked at the pics-it looks fabulous!  If you get it, can I come live with you? Visit? I love the trees in front, too.

Gatsby, does the double Dipsea have unlikely winners like the regular Dipsea? I think I remember a story about a kid winning one  because of the handicapping.   I could use some handicapping in a race myself.

DR, it's impressive that you made 14 miles.

Marjorie, I'm glad your toe is better.

My plan first thing this am  when the weather was clear and great was to go camping tonight after I finished some work.  About 2, it became clear that I wouldn't finish, so I gave up the camping idea and decided I'd walk and bike later.  Now it's later and it's pouring rain.  The days are long so I hope the rain stops and I can at least walk.

My hip is good today-maybe the time off for cipro paid  off.