Womens Running

Smoky Thursday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Smoky hallway in our highrise last night. Everyone safe. Excellent response from firefighters. Fine people, they!

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Last night I had just gotten to sleep when I heard a commotion in the hallway. Firefighters were banging on doors, calling out to people and fire alarms going off,I answered and let them see into my area. Then I  jumped into outside clothes and heavy coat, grabbed purse and cell phone, left the apartment. Firefighters were prepared for anything, had keys to open whatever apartments hadn't been checked and found food burned on stove two doors down from me. Firefighters had equipment to detect whatever in apartments with the doors closed. I have a sore throat and cough from the smoke (which was barely visible, by the way) but am off to work.

I did a 35 minute cardio workout yesterday using new dvd using HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).

Today I plan to have a track run at the gym since I have a ride over there.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

How frightening, Judy!  Glad you and everyone are ok!  Hope your throat feels better soon.

Nothing new here... heading into work soon.  Long day yesterday arrived in the building at 7:45 am.  Left at 8:50 pm.  At least today won't be so long, but we have a departmental meeting this afternoon.  VP-Research is coming to visit.  No clue why, but learned last night that meetings haven't been scheduled with all departments in engineering. 

A colleague of mine asked me if I was running any races (she's a racewalker).  I said no - trying to let m foot heal, seems like PF.  She had exactly the same problem (same foot too) after doing a lot of mall walking.  I've been walking a lot in the mall and engineering building.  Her thought was the hard floor coupled with making sharp turns, typically in one direction, was the cause.  I guess off to the treadmill tonight, but anyone want to weigh in on this?

Have a great day!  (4 degrees this am - heat wave!)

Judy-glad to hear all is okay.  we have had a number of apartment fires of late.

Susan-PM me if you are available Saturday to run.

3.75 on tm this morning.

Lisa

Judy--so glad you are safe and the cause was found before there was a fire.  Whew!

Spin class this morning.  Today instructor passed out hand weights at the end of class for us to ride and do different arm exercises.  Wow was I tired.  5 miles this afternoon after work too.

Marjorie--thanks!  May have to check out running around Vanderbilt.

Ugh.  They are still working on the exterior of my office.  Tired of the noise and distractions.

Headed to Seaside, FL tomorrow for the Seaside HM on Sunday.  Finisher's swag includes a Vera Bradley tote bag.  Going w 5 of my running buddies.  Always have a blast, and great shopping at the Destin outlet malls.  And I am not driving so I get to knit for 4 hours!!  :0

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  12 miles with 5 at tempo this morning went well.  Pilates later.

Judy, ugh, that must have been scary.  Sorry about the cough; hope it dissipates soon.

Susan, hope work is not as hectic today.

Lisa, nice run.

Sue, the weights make it feel so hard!  Good luck on the race!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Registered to run a 5K this Saturday, but temps may be - something, so not sure.  It doesn't start until 10 so maybe the temp will be at least 5, lol!  We shall see.  Benefit for a local fitness trainer who has brain cancer.  In fact it is the same trainer that I was working with a few times last year, very sad.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I fely terrible this am. No wonder my intervals were tough. Better now. But I skipped my run

trained folks all day. At airport to go home now.

Scary Judy!

susan being up and on feet a lot can cause it. If they could come up with one exact thing it could be solved. My take is PF is multifaceted so finding the exact cause isn't usually that easy.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

So excited about the new house. Closing tomorrow at noon. We did the final walk through this afternoon and it looks good. DH took a bunch of pictures and is posting on Facebook - I'll share once he does.

I ran 5 easy this afternoon.

Judy, scary. Glad everything and everyone is okay.

Susan/runnersmom, PF is so aggravating because I don't think they really know for sure what causes it or how to fix it. I would guess walking on the hard surfaces doesn't help. Mine started when I did 6-hour race and ran 34 miles, after only having done short runs (13 or less) for the 3 months prior. It seemed to get worse when I ran in Houston on the concrete, but I don't know if that was coincidence or not. Some people say rest is the only thing to fix it, some people say rest does nothing to fix it. Hence my kitchen sink approach (after a month of rest made it no better).

Susan/crazysue, sounds like a fun weekend - enjoy.

Damaris, nice run.

Ginny, sad. At least if it's too cold and crappy to run, you know the entry fee goes to a good cause.

Marjorie, glad you're feeling better. Take it easy if you're not 100%.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Sorry not to write more.... thanks for the advice about PF.  It is aggravating.  Did 3.4 miles on stairmaster tonight and thankfully no pain.  We'll see what  tomorrow brings.  Yes, another one of those days.... actually yesterday was long but less frustrating. At work by 7:45 this am... Left at 4:30.  Came home helped make dinner, had dinner, helped DS with his reviewing he needed to do for his writing course, answered a few emails, went to the gym...now have a glass of wine and I will soon go to bed.  And start all over in the morning.  Annual review at 8 am.  Fun!

Arimathea

Tessa

Finally a moment to check in! Waiting for choir practice to start. Susan, sorry about the PF. Judy, how scary to have a fire. Ginny, hope you do get to race. Marjorie, feel better. Damaris, don't know how you do that mileage on weekdays. Karen, exciting! Susan/crazysue, enjoy your race. Lisa, , nearly March, spring is coming.

3.15 today at the gym, that is all.