Womens Running

HALF WAY THERE, WEDNESDAY DIVAS! (Read 19 times)

gsdrunner

Happy Hump Day!

gsdrunner

Morning

RR: 5 yesterday, hoping for 6 or 7 today.

NRR: NOt much. I have been in the spring mood so I am going through rooms and doing the 'deep' clean. Today is the trip to see the dr that delivered M for my yearly visit. Fun stuff. M is doing great. Happy girl and moving all over the place. Her newest thing is to walk on her shins. She walks with very little help, but she is stubborn on what she wants to do.  Its nuts! DH is way over stressed, but some good news is he is looking for another job and within 8 hours he has an interview with a great company... working from home. Fingers crossed things work out. He will be doing exactly what he wants.

Gotta run...

Have  a great day! Miss you all!

THanks for the reminders on parenting....

lizo_77

hi ladies!

RR: read this interesting article about breathing as you run in runners world and tried it this morning.  it's a 3-2 pattern of 3 steps inhale and 2 steps exhale. Man, it was hard.  I also realized that I don't breathe consistently at all as I run.  Planning to try it again, see if I can make it a habit. Did 4 miles this morning.

NRR: normal work day... sort of. going to mitchell this morning it's about an hour west for a meeting - business development.  then back here and projects... M's dad is way better still. last night all the tubes were taken out and he was able to take a shower. so so glad.   M gets to town tonight, and then it's maybe relaxing, maybe working on the shower... (oh yeah, we're still doing that. *&^%()$###!!)

gsd: that's so cool about M's growth! walking on her shins huh? sounds painful. Smile hope the interview for you DH goes well!

outwest: hope the sinus headache is better today!

better go do some project coordination with a coworker... back later!

MA runner girl

Morning.

ER: 3 miles yesterday. I walked 2 at lunch and then 1 more later with DH.

NER: So yesterday as the day went on I had some really intense cramping. Kept thinking ok this has to be something!? Went to bed early hoping that I'd wake up in labor but slept straight through until 8. Sigh. Gonna go to the chiro after work and see if she can get this baby out.

GSD - Ha on M's stubbornness. Good luck to DH! I hope that works out, sounds like the perfect opportunity and they must be interested if he got an interview that quickly!

Have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

Lizo - Interesting on the breathing. I am the worst at breathing consistently. I'm sorry work is so crazy. So glad that M's dad seems to be improving well!

gsdrunner

Lizo:  Interesting about the breathing. May give it a try. I actually breathe through my nose unless I am really working the pace.

MA: Hang in there dear... he will come when ready. Smile

NRR:  So there is alot of things going on with DH and his work. It too much to type, but today I got a read receipt on his work email (like I always do) well.... it came from his Boss' boss. Like the number 4 guy in the company.  Needless to say I am PISSED. The guy is in there reading emails... that do NOT pertain to work. Seriously, the Subject was "iWatch". DH sent me an article about Apple's new watch that links to your iPhone that would can wear while running/working out. My reply was neat that's really interesting. I wonder how it will do against the Garmin. Seriously? He had to read that email.... THANK GOD it wasn't anything else. I am fuming ... seriously fuming.  During the day, email is the easiest way to get hold of DH and get things off the list and not have a long list that he gets hit with when he gets home... now I have to be more careful. I am normally careful (noting really personal) but they dont even need to know about M's drs appointment etc. you know?  I really hope the interview goes well. The last 6 years of him working at this place has been so much of a toll on us as a couple. I can't wait for it to end. I know the grass isn't always green on the other side, but I rather take the traveling with a less stressed out DH than what I have now. Anyhow... thanks for listening.

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies! Happy Hump Day! Almost to Friday! Though I have off for Good Friday this week, so just one more work day! Smile

RR: 4 miles after work today

NRR: Today is the 3 month anniversary of my 2nd surgery. And It was 1 year ago today that I had my first appointment with Dr. Hottie and found out I needed brain surgery. I can't believe this adventure with brain surgeries began 1 year ago! It's fun when I look back at my online blog and see where I was 1 year ago. It's been a roller coaster of a year, for sure. The good, the bad and the ugly. I've seen it all. I am so grateful for sure a brilliant surgeon. Here is a short excerpt from my blog enrty exactly one year ago as I was preparing to drive to Boston to see Dr. Hottie: "I truly hope Dr. Dunn can help me. I can't live like this anymore. I'd rather be dead than live another minute feeling like this. I'm so sick and tired of always being so sick and tired. I hate sleeping 15 hours a day and feeling like I haven't slept at all. I'm so afraid that my head may explode. I don't know why I feel this way. I don't know why my anxiety is always through the roof. I'm so terrified of living and I'm terrified of dying."

Amazing where 1 year has brought me--2 brain surgeries, 2 long recoveries, about 1 year of no running, lots of learning--and living. It's nice to finally feel well enough to have the life I always thought I should have. And it's nice that my blog enrties are a lot more uplifting now, too Smile

GSD: So glad M is doing so well! Smile

RunLikeTheWind23

MA: Come on, baby! You can do it!!!! Smile

SassySparky

Hey ladies.

RR: Did about 30 minutes of an Extend Barre dvd, with the warm up and legs part. I liked it, it was my first time doing it. I just didn't have time to finish!

NRR: I'm so frustrated right now! We have to decide to renew our lease by Mar 30, and we were going to do it. Then our property manager sent us an email yesterday saying that the landlord who owns our condo wants to increase the rent by $200 a month! So stupid. So we have four days to decide. Our lease ends May 30. We do not have time right now to move or look for a new place, so we're probably just going to stay. We have to figure out why she wants to raise our rent so much. On top of that, I'm just so ready to be done with this grant. I have a few more things to finish and I'm waiting to get edits back from some other people. It's due Monday and that can't come soon enough. Experiments are sucking right now, too. Bah.Okay it's apparently bitchcakes wednesday. I'm done complaining!  personals later!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

GSD - does your DH have a personal email account that is separate from his work account, maybe you guys can use that instead?  That is not cool, though.

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: Rest day.

NRR: Working, and doing stuff around the house. I had coffee yesterday to help with my headache, but it made me really hungry and I had a hard time getting to sleep.

GSD - Wow, I would be livid about the e-mail, too. I hope the interview goes well for your DH. Sounds like it'd be a relief to get him out of there.

Lizo - Interesting about the breathing. I use my breath as a barometer for how smoothly my run is going.  Stop by the Corn Palace while you're in Mitchell!

MA - I need to be honest with you, I am on pins and needles about this baby! I keep checking FB from work to see if you've gone into labor. Hopefully the chiro can help out.

RLTW - Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary of a life-changing event!

Sassy - Uhh $200?!?!  That is a lot!  Hopefully it's not to cover the sewer issues they had earlier.

SassySparky

OWR - haha that's what we're wondering - a lot of stuff was replaced/fixed  last year - water heater, furnace, AC, and dishwasher, plus the sewer issues. none of those were our fault though. Big D is calling today to see why this is happening.

EMGunner

OWR - haha that's what we're wondering - a lot of stuff was replaced/fixed  last year - water heater, furnace, AC, and dishwasher, plus the sewer issues. none of those were our fault though. Big D is calling today to see why this is happening.

delurk:

Before he calls may want to see if where you reside has a rent % cap on how much a landlord can raise the rent by law or check your lease to see if it says anything differently. Also, to prevent in the future you can set a cap of how much it can be raised in your lease (which is what I did).

On the Docket: R&R Philly Half 9/16 | ING NYC Marathon 11/3 | R&R San Antonio Marathon 11/17  

MA runner girl

GSD - Yikes, that's annoying that your emails are being read! I actually don't use my work email for anything personal because my employers (high up, not my actual boss) make it very clear that they filter emails looking for personal use. Simple things like "Pick up milk on the way home" are fine, but I would rather people not know my business if it's being monitored so I don't do anything. Thankfully my DH and I both just text each other anything we need to know.

RLTW - So happy that you are still feeling good 3 months later. I can't imagine living like you were. Well I guess it wasn't really "living".

Sassy - Ugh on the rent increase. I'd be upset that they dumped that news on you so soon before you need to make a decision, though I'm sure it's intentional. I hope Big D can get some answers.

Outwest - LOL you are not the only one! My phone has been blowing up the last few days. And my mom said that hers has too. I'm glad all those people are calling her and not me or I may be annoyed Wink Ah the internal debate on whether to drink caffeine to help a headache or not. It always makes mine, but sometimes the jittery feeling and being up all night are just not worth it!

Emg - Hey! Hope you are doing well.

LucyBelle

Good morning!

RR: Ran my 3 miles last night, had to force myself out the door. Today will be ST. Upper body and core.

NRR: Today is deadline day, a long and busy day at work, but tomorrow is Baby H day!!!! My sister, BIL, and nephew are coming for Easter and they'll be here tomorrow! I haven't seen him since the first week after he was born, so I am SUPER EXCITED! Easter weekend should be fun. Friday my cousins are coming and spending the night and then we're all hanging out with Baby H on Saturday. Sunday is a big family get-together for Easter brunch. So I'm working for the weekend!