Womens Running

Snowy Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

It snowed twice over the last 12 hours. :::sigh:::

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was a light, easy 25 minutes running at the track since I was going to do cardio for 45 minutes when I got home.

Today will be a cardio dvd at home. I think I’m starting to get the cold that is spreading at work. I was awake a lot last night with asthma symptoms.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Quick check in this am!

Judy - It snowed here too a couple times yesterday...

Yesterday was busy work day, so was a SDO.  I did visit a fitness center to look at doing some classes there.  I am on a mission for cross-training and getting stronger.  Looked like a fun place and they were very welcoming.  they do alot of group challenges, and they are starting running programs in April, a couch to 5k/10k and they are doing training for a half.  There running program will include some stretching, etc....hmmmmm....might have to check this out!

Running after work.

Carol

Howdy!  IDK why, but I am really dragging this morning.  Slogged my way through group power.  My schedule said "rest day".  Guess I shoulda listened!

Photo: Bike fitting at ProCycle in Fairhope. Cool!

Bike fitting went well yesterday.  They just fine tuned some of the adjustments and showed me how to remove the rear wheel in case I need to change the tire.  I told the guy I would probably just sit on the side of the road and cry until someone came to help me Wink

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Hi guys,

Quick break from work to say hello. I plan on running 10 with 4x1200 at 5K pace tonight after work. But first I'm stopping to pick up the new phone I just ordered. Mine has started acting weird, occasionally just shutting off and not powering back on, not finding the internet, etc. Plus I could use more memory. So this morning I came in and ordered one to pick up at the at&t store.

Supposed to be cold and windy today, then a general warm up and maybe, just maybe the end of winter. At least it better be gone by the time I get back from Florida! Forecast for the days I'm on vacation (Wednesday through Friday next week) is 80 and sunny every single day. You'll be able to find me on the beach!

Susan, cool on the bike fitting. I'm the same as you, DH has tried to show me how to fix things on my bike, change a tire, etc. and I know I should know how to do it, but I just don't want to.

Carol, that gym sounds pretty cool. Once Boston is over, I'm going to try to do more XT as well. I'm hoping if I can get into the habit before starting up marathon training again in the summer, I can keep it up even once my running miles pick back up.

Tessa, laughing at your RN. Lent is sooo long, but Boston will be here so soon! Didn't you say once that she and I run at similar speeds? Do you know her bib # for Boston - would be too funny if I ran into her there. I'm 18150, first corral of the third wave.

Okay, back to this new, exciting ASTM standard on color retention. Yawn.....oh wait, it's almost lunch!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Sigh. DH called this morning. Apparently his project is in some sort of crisis mode and it would be a really bad time for him to take a week off. Could delay the project an extra year if the problems aren't handled. And his annual review it two weeks later so the timing is really bad. I'm okay with just going to my meeting and flying home - I will miss the beach but the weather here is finally supposed to start acting like spring after today, and I could use the vacation days for other things. So I booked a return flight for next Tuesday and changed the dog's kennel reservation and took the vacation days off the work calendar. But then he says instead he wants to go to his mom's for a week in July again and go see his uncle part of that time, because he hasn't seen him in ages and that's what he was most looking forward to about the trip to Florida. I don't want to spend a week of vacation sitting around his mom's house again. Even if it doesn't rain the entire time like it did last summer, I still don't want to do it. So I suggested that since he gets so much more vacation time than me anyway, he just go by himself. He said that was "lame". I asked him when the last time was that he went to my parents house or saw them. He admitted that was pretty lame too, but he still wants to go and wants me to go with him.

Why can't he go by himself? His mom doesn't care about seeing me. His uncle doesn't care about seeing me. He gets 6 weeks vacation to my 3, and he didn't go to Florida with me and my family in January (lame?) so he hasn't used any vacation yet this year. I'm just waiting for him to bail on Boston, even though he assured me he was going just last weekend.

Okay, vent over. I guess this really isn't such an awful problem to have. Just frustrating. I think I need more food.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Karen, I don't blame you for not wanted to visit with your in-laws for a week!  Especially Here!  I am totally afraid that we are not going to have a very nice summer here and there is nothing to do really.  In the scheme of things, it is a small problem but , I for one, understand.  Lucky you that Spring seems to be on it's way down there.  Our long range forecast looks like the same we have had, temps not even up to 50 degrees in the foreseeable future, very depressing, being by the lake our temps will be even lower.  Okay, I have to stop complaining about things that I have no control over.

Hi Judy, Sue, & Carol.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

9.4 for me today.

Tessa, yes Hammy will love his new I'd tag. It should be here next week.

Carol ol cross training mission sounds fun.  That place sounds like it will be good.

Sue I would just stand there crying if I had a flat bike tire too.

Karen I hope winter is gone too. My dh says we need to go yo his parents too. But, neither of us really want to. Just know we need to

Marjorie

I need all of your good running vibes sent my way... I believe that I have a "conversation" tomorrow regarding an equivalent level role with a company which publishes magazines on the topic we know and love. Would be quite interesting if it could work out.  Serendipity is an amazing thing.  So is keeping the cart behind the horse and the chickens uncounted.

Lisa

Hoping your "conversation" is "productive" Lisa!

Waves to everyone!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR