Womens Running

Wow, It's Wednesday! (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa is much better at thread names. I struggle along.  Big grin

Post. We are here to listen.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Car should be ready today so I can pick it up after work.

Yesterday I tried a new cardio DVD and it made for a good 45 minute workout.

Cardio today but run at the track tomorrow.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Judy-it's good to recharge the headline writing battery.  I do believe that Wow! is appropriate though.

Laura-seems like many people have sore throats, I know someone with pneumonia too.  knock on wood that I stay healthy and that you recover quickly.

Ginny-Lord knows you ladies allowed me to post sans working out.  whining doesn't count otherwise I would have had no problem making the cut.  You're still faster than your age.  Have you ever read Tuesday's with Morrie? Mitch Albom's first book.  I just reread it and its a good reminder of how blessed we are to make it to whatever age we are at. Think of it this way... why should we spend time wanting to feel like we did at 30 or whatever age?  That would also mean that all of the experiences which shaped us to this point, gave us the scar tissue that we have would be gone.  I'd probably blow it if I had a second go around and I don't want to lose anyone that I have now by not talking to some random person or joining a running forum.  But I do know that living without pain would be certainly a nice thing.  LOL

Camille-sorry you missed your 5k but sounds like a good decision.  hope you get mom's meds figured out.

Sue-I know, I know.. if there is ever a day that it's about a woman it would be on their wedding day.  Luckily others heard the comment and intervened but I'm sure that had to leave a mark.

Karen-too funny on the grocery pickup mixup.  So many "duh" situations out there.  Signage is indeed important.

Marjorie-you did indeed tell me it would. in retrospect 4.5 months doesn't sound THAT long but ... yes, it does sound that long.  The Alter G is so cool because I feel that cardio has kept pace so to speak. It wasn't going from no running to 100% running.  I'm sure much of it is mental but that's huge to have confidence that you won't break something.

ASusan-have not read about the November project but cool that DS and his school was mentioned.

Damaris-hope you won your trial!

PT later on today.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

I did ride my bike last night - it was hard. I got this online training program that works with an ant stick and your garmin data - very cool - but DH downloaded it and set it up for me (he will do anything if he thinks it will get me on my bike more) and put in the wrong bike trainer, so the power data was way off. I was killing myself during the warmup....kept saying it shouldn't be this hard, I must be so out of shape cycling-wise. Then he googled it and saw there was a problem with my particular brand of trainer and they just recently fixed it in the software, and he used an older one which was wrong. Glad we got that figured out - part way through the workout I had to stop and just pedal easy for the rest because I was done. Oops.

Tonight I will run a few easy miles. Weather forecast for JFK seems to be settling down a bit and looks like low 40s to low 50s, slight chance of rain and windy. Not bad, but still can't decide what to wear, because in the morning I'll be in the cold mountains, plus all day I'll be running a lot slower than normal, plus no drop bags so I have to stick with whatever decision I make. Leaning towards either shorts or capris, short sleeves with arm warmers, gloves and a light vest (mainly for the pockets).

Work is quiet this week. Most of the office is up in Philly at a trade show. I like it. Getting a ton done since no one is scheduling meetings or bothering me.

annieSusan, good to see you! I hadn't heard of the November Project so googled it. Will have to check out the story.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Howdy.

Took today off.   Otherwise I would run today, tomorrow snd Friday on my killer hills neighborhood. My PT brain is trying to be in control and telling me my hip wouldn't like that.

AlterGs are wonderful, Lisa. If they just weren't so expensive. I'd use one now with my hip and gait changes but wedon't   have one in our centers.

I forgot got my hair moose. In actuality I packed 2 travel hairsprays. So I will have to stop at a pharmacy later to get a travel moose. Somehow I have a hairspray from the same company I use their mouse (my hairspray is a different brand). So I really didn't notice. Just grabbed the bottles from my travel drawer. Surprise this am when I went to do my hair after showering. Just meant extra curling iron use to get it into my normal style. I usually don't need the curling iron or just a little. Since the moose and round brush is usually enough.

Marjorie

HI!  Quick post--visitors from HQ are still here.

Group power class this morning.  Increased my weights and I am beat.

Have a great day!

ginnyb

Back is feeling a little better each day I think.  I added, I think, because I can walk better, but bending is still a problem, kind of afraid to take it out for a run yet.  I have a 10K Dec 7 and a half on Dec 15, not sure how that is going to pan out, I can always walk.

Lisa....I really don't feel old, just that I don't bounce back like I am used to, and I really have never been injured, which makes me very fortunate!

My trainer is out of commission too...ACL repair.

Judy...glad you are getting car back today.  What cardio DVD's do you do?

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

annieSusan

Judy, you do an awesome job on thread names. I would have run out of coherent ideas a long time ago. glad you are getting your car back.

Lisa, hope your PT goes well today.

Karen, funny about the bike set-up error.  That sounds like a difficult decision about what to wear. I'll bet you are checking the weather report often.

Sorry about the forgotten mousse, Marjorie.

Sue, good job on increasing weights during power hour.

Ginny, glad that your back seems to be getting better.

Masters swim class was good today. I had hoped that some of the people that I had met during the last session would be in it, but these were all new people. Nice people, though. And I worked hard, and it felt good.

Good runs, all!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Late tonight, again.  Had a busy day, but managed 4 miles and some kickboxing (25 minutes).  It all sucked.  Mostly because I'm sore and the allergy shot made me more so.

Doctor called and wants to see me re: sonogram.  So, yes, looks like surgery will be happening.

Judy, hope you got to pick your car up!

Lisa, hope PT went well.

Karen, sounds like good weather for the race.  Enjoy the bike workout.

Marjorie, I hate when I forget my gel.  This hair does not do well unless blow dried or gelled into submission.

Sue, sounds like a tough workout.

Ginny, sorry your back is still giving you problems.  Hope you feel better soon.

AnnieSusan, hope the swim class went well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

2.75 miles on the treadmill.  The regular treadmill.  Starting to add running coach input.  Apparently I'm running almost entirely with quads. Crouching is how he described it so working on standing more erect and using glutes, back of legs more.  That was the hardest part of the run.  Knee feeling pretty good.

Am excited but also nervous about the running coaches giving advice... one has been to 7 Olympics and had bronze and silver runners. The other competed at the 2004 Olympics and came in 11th in the 5000m. They say there's hope. LOL

Lisa