Womens Running

Good, Better, Best Friday (over 40) (Read 17 times)

Our meet / greet with students last night went okay - would have liked more than 6 students but was first time doing this and it was a warm, sunny Thursday evening before a holiday break. Should be glad even that many showed up. One more day in Chicago then back home for weekend. little dd is down visiting big dd in Houston for the week so travel worked out well.

5 mile run yesterday morning including a loop around The Bean. That was fun. Heading out again in a few. Found the "trail" in the grass along lakefront which beats cement so will use that.

Have ver great day!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Membership accomplished and 35 minute run on the track…it was more like a slog. Muscle aches start easily since the flu but are better.

Today I go to a big book sale right after work. I hope to get some rest on the weekend plus Sunday is the day I bundle up and try to find Sunday buddy out on the trail for the first time this year.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - How fun to run somewhere different!  Hope the weather is good for you.

Tessa - LOL on the outfit for aerobics class - actually when she arrived she pulled out some leg warmers from her bag and put them on, no sparkly spandex, but she and another lady in the class wore nylons under their shorts.  They were very nice, and it has given me many smiles when I think about it!

Karen - So excited for you!!!  So happy that I was able to meet you in Detroit......remembering how much you wanted to BQ there. And since haven't you BQ'd many times?

Ginny - Sounds like your running is humming along!

Damarias - You have really ramped up those miles since surgery!

Marjorie - When are the guests coming?

Had a good run with RB last night, we went to a local track and did some 400/800's.

If I get home today in time will get to a class or if not an easy few miles.

Carol

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I really need to catch up with you ladies.

Good morning!!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

ginnyb

Good morning,

No run for me this morning, planning on doing my longish run tomorrow.  Usually do long one on 
            Sunday, but since that is Easter will do tomorrow.

Lisa...nice to run someplace different.

Hi Amy...nice to see you here, I kind of keep up with you on FB.

Judy...glad you over your flu, you will be back to snuff before you know it.

Hi Carol....good run, you have been having a lot of those lately too.  Must be the better weather.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles tonight.

Lisa, enjoy your morning run and sounds like the meet/greet was a success.

Judy, enjoy the book sale.  Love looking (and reading) books.  Even though I like technology, there is nothing like the feel of a book and turning the pages.

Carol, nice speedwork.  I am very happy with my progress, especially since it's been painless.  Slow pace but painless.

THM, morning!

Ginny, enjoy the rest and good luck with the LR tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

TGIF!  I have a lot to do at work, but I really want to be at home.  I am so unprepared for Easter!  Haven't been to the store yet, hope I can find what I need this afternoon.  Want to bake a cake and try a couple of cookie recipes this weekend.

Had a great swim this morning.

Last night foster dog ate an entire running sock.  Sucked it down whole before I could get him to drop it.  I emailed the rescue folks to let them know.  Hope I don't lose my foster mom status.  In the meantime, I am on potty patrol.  Hoping he will pass it by the end of the weekend.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Sue, you always seem to have dogs that are indiscriminate snackers.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carol  they should be here this afternoon.

Amy nice to see you. Hope you are doing well

Lisa, see we knew you'd get back to running. How is the knee?

GL on the long run Ginny

Sue you won't lies your foster mom status. They are probably laughing as Weims do funny things

Marjorie

9.25 miles along lakefront and river and the Magnificent Mile. Along lake there is worn path on grass so stick to that as much as I could. Didn't suck. Ha!

Leg Is okay. Not like it was before and will try to get off of concrete as much as possible.

Lisa

Happy Easter weekend.  Taking the day off for Good Friday, although I still have to get some work done.

Good luck to Karen in Boston!  Any other racers this weekend?

Lisa, glad your run didn't suck!  Win!

Marjorie, hope your Easter weekend with Dad and wife goes smoothly.  Those Easter baskets are so thoughtful.

Hi Tar Heel Mom!

CrazySue, ugh on having to follow the dog around waiting for him to poop a sock.  But also funny.

Damaris, great miles!  Awesome that your recovery has gone smoothly.  Pace will pick up in time, no need to worry about that.

GinnyB, enjoy the rest day and hope LR goes well tomorrow.

Carol, hope you get home in time for a workout.

Hi Judy.  Hope your visit to the big book sale is productive.

Enjoy the day, everyone.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Well, there weren't any bees and the plumber probably won't be here until next week since it is going to rain buckets later today (so adding access to the water cut off and digging, in the rain, um no). So, I borrowed a neighbors tool to turn off the water at the meter. He actually helped me to turn it off.  Took the shower handle assembly apart, replaced the cartridge and put it back together. I turned the water back on and gave him back his tool. Took maybe 10 min. Putting the new cartridge in took the longest as it is really hard to push it all the way in.  So happy no more dripping shower.

Hammy is not happy with me. He is getting a spot on his back leg so I've been putting medicine on it. The cream makes it feel better and not itch but he really doesn't want me to do it.  Last night before bed he paced around after and wouldn't lay down for about 20 min. Drama dog.  It doesn't sting. He just hates it.   This am I did it and he went and pouted in the other room.

We've started back with the baby wipes every time he goes out. Grass pollen is high so it is a must before he has spots all over.

Hi Gatsby!

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, I hope foster Weim passes the sock without problems. Abby the pudgy puggle ate one of Dear Nephew's socks (ugh, can't imagine how 16 year old boy's socks tasted) and had to have surgery to remove it, but I'm guessing DN's sock is a lot bigger than your running sock and also Abby is not nearly as big as a Weim. Hope it wasn't one of your favourite running socks!

Karen, how exciting! Have fun in Boston.

Lisa, glad the run went well. So you were running on the grass alongside the path? Watch out for geese. I have vivid memories of being in Chicago one spring morning for a funeral and I got hissed at and advanced on threateningly by a goose. I was feeling miserable and I was not in any mood to be chased by something that belongs on a plate with mashed potatoes and gravy. So I kicked it.

Thud. Honk. Splash.

That was one surprised goose.

Judy, enjoy the book sale. I'm with Damaris, there's nothing like paper at times.

Hi Amy! Aren't most dogs indiscriminate snackers?

Carol, nylons under shorts...dang, I haven't seen that in a while. I admit to having done that in the 80s but I don't think I've done that since then.

Ginny, good luck with the longish run tomorrow. Are you cooking Easter dinner?

Marjorie, how can someone have houseguests and not warn them that there's no hot water?

Tired today. Maundy Thursday service last night, then went home and got about 3 hours sleep, back to church for my stint at the vigil before the altar, then went for a 5 mile run after being relieved by MM who I have not seen in a while. Home, shower, dress, and back here for work. We are not closing early but I have to get the 4:15 bus so I can be at church on time, choir call is at 6 pm for the Good Friday service. At least we don't have that much singing tonight. Tomorrow night and Sunday are the heavy lifting for us.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Wishing you all very blessed Easter holiday.

Anonymous Guest

Hey all, quick check in here. Made it to Boston - it's crowded here. 36,000 runners plus their friends and family really packs a punch. We did not want to get in the car once we got here to pick up my parents from the airport, but knew public transportation would be kind of daunting for them, so we took the T out to the airport, met them and navigated them back here. Silver line to the red line to the green line, and Dad's relatively new hip and brand new pacemaker performed admirably. The green line 20 minutes before the start of a Red Sox game is incredibly crowded! But they took it well, we made it back, got some dinner, and are now all about to pass out exhausted. Expo and sightseeing tomorrow, with a few meet ups planned tomorrow and Sunday. Plus I should run a few miles. And we're going to the baseball game on Sunday. I am so excited just seeing all the Boston jackets around......this is a dream come true.

Amy, good to see you here!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel