Womens Running

To it Thursday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

Okay ladies... I hear lots of lazy, slacking off going on yesterday! Let's get back to it! LOL

If there is injury or niggles you are excused from this trash talk.

Karen-shaking head, what's with this "it's raining...I might get damp....I'll just stay in my cozy bed instead then have cocoa and put my fuzzy slippers on"??? Put a durable, but attractive, outer coat on and get out there! (typed with best stern and tongue in check tone as possible)

2.9 miles last night at 67% body weight. inching up there.  It's not like both knees feel the same but it's no where near where it was and seems to at least be responding to treatment.  May be tight day of workout but next morning feels pretty good. As opposed to continuous. Yesterday I had moments when walking that it didn't hurt at all so that is good.  Our WW at work fizzled out but after my initial 9 pounds I'm hovering right at weight that I was prior to injury (150) but I know I've lost inches in hips/thighs.  Not as much gold in the saddle bags so to speak and pants fit way differently. What had turned from muscle to fat is switching back with net same weight but less volume. Fine with me.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Frosty down here in OH! MyMomRuns, great work on the improvements!

Yesterday I came home and worked on a new cardio DVD. This one is a mix of fast marching without weights alternated with slow movements carrying hand weights. It uses intervals, faster without weights and slower with weights. Safe for someone of my age. Big grin

Today I get off early to get hair cut and dyed, then will go to the gym for my regular run and cardio.

I picked up a pepper spray/mace free with an earned coupon  from Dick's Sporting Goods last night. I plan to carry it on my trail runs.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - All good news from you this am!!!  Great job on the wt loss AND sounds like the "fat" loss Smile

Judy - Pepper spray is a great idea....be careful on those trails!

LCruns - I am thinking of doing the Run Like the Dickens in Holly, but that is the only one I have planned at this time.  I am sure I will do the Resolution Run Smile    Ugh on the sleet.

Work was crazy busy... then had to spend 3 hours Shocked on the computer when I got home last night....so no walking or activity for me.  Still planning on taking this whole week off from running, read a really good article from Marathon and Beyond on recovery after a marathon, so am following their suggestions for recovery.

Hi to all that follow!

Carol

Good Morning!  5,4 miles this morning---yay!!  Ran with one of the guys for most of it at a pretty quick clip (for me) and felt pretty good.  Actually had to pull out the long sleeves for the run--51F--nice and cool.  Back is much better, thanks.

Lisa--sounds like you are on your way to recovery.  Not as fast as you would like, I know, but progress!

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

The House is having a big shoe sale. Just got my shoes for over half off and free shipping.

LInk. http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-W13OCTSH.html

if anyone wants men's let me know.

Rest day. My right hip is still flared. I took pics of my running shoe wear patterns. There is a note able difference still from what they used to be. Now the right  is changing so guess that is where my hip flare is from this time. Not as bad as June was on the left!  I may post them later. I hate posting pic ps here. Such a pain to do!

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Got out for a chilly 5.1 miles this morning. Had to break out my vest! The shins seem to be holding up ok, so that's good. 

Lisa - yay for improvement with the knee! "Less gold in the saddlebags" made me chuckle.

Judy - I've thought about getting some pepper spray since I got bit by the dog, back in the spring. Just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Carol - bummer on the work-after-work. Enjoy the recovery week.

Crazysue - glad the back is better.

Marjorie - I'll have to check out the sale, even though I just got new shoes.

Off to do a bit of work before core class. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Busy at work, grrrr.  I did my 7 with MP on Tuesday and 4 with hubby yesterday, so I am on track for this marathon week.  But work has been really crazy.  Oh, and our weather?  100F heat indexes and 75 dewpoint or above.  I am really starting to get depressed about the 8 month summers.  Hoping husband decides to move us out of here once and for all.

Lisa, nice job.  Hope the knee is doing better.

judyruns, enjoy your day off early and haircut and all.

Carol, ugh at all that work.

Marjorie, thanks for the links.  I ordered a pair of Hokas for less than $100, yipee.

Cindy, good for the shins.  Nice run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page