Womens Running

Toenail Count Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

One black, rest intact. The black one is a recurring thing.

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I went out for coffee with a friend, grocery shopped, then did 35 cardio minutes at home.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday Buddy and I did 35 minutes running (in the dark) and 25 minutes walking. Later in the afternoon I went on a brisk, hilly hike for another 35 minutes.

Today should be back to the usual routine of track run and cardio.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

4.8 windy miles with running friend.  I was glad to have her company since my legs were tired today.

Judy - my toenails are all intact!  It's actually been a while since I've had a black one.

Lisa - nice brisk trail walk yesterday, bet it was gorgeous

Marjorie - glad you're getting some relief from Dad's phone calls.  Hope the hip continues to feel better.

Good Morning!  One black--from Augusta 70.3.

Group power this morning.  Took it easy on the weights so I didn't re-injure my back.  Better, but not 100%.

I was a sofa spud yesterday.  Did 10 miles with running buddies, then watched the Saints game and knitted.  Three inches till the toe and my Halloween socks will be done!

I think I would have a melt down if I finished MCM and they were out of medals.

Have a great day!

Bikerchick1

Judy - Creative start for today Smile  Hope you had a great week-end!

LCruns - Beautiful morning....is chilly though.  Glad you had a friend along.

Went to pumpkin farm with DD's & Aly for a bit yesterday.  Hoping I will get out of this slump/tired/crankiness thing this week...WTH....  DH got a T25 work out series - it is from the same complany that does Insanity/P90X.  He of course probably won't use it...Roll eyes.  I did the first aerobic one and the stretching one on Sat.  Yikes I was really sweating, and my glutes were sore yesterday LOL...guess I needed this x-training.

Hi to all that follow!

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Thanks for the well wishes.  I finished it which is what I wanted to do since Chicago, but it was one of my slowest marathons.  Knowing I spend 15 minutes at the potty line was enough to make me happy about my time, ha.

Some XT today, maybe a short run.

I have never had black toenails.

Judy, nice job on the cardio.

LC Runs, nice windy run.

Sue, nice job on the weights.

Carol, I have heard the T25 is good.  I don't have it, but I have heard good things.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Have not run in a week.  Yep, I'm bad.  Meeting with trainer again tomorrow morning though, maybe he will motivate me.

Never had black toenail until a couple of weeks ago.  Why after 30+ years of running I get one now?  Weird.

Marjorie...I have the opposite problem with my right hip lately, hurts when I walk, after I rest, but when I run it doesn't bother at all.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Toenail count:  All intact.  One is not happy as I blistered by it so it is a little loose but it is not coming off and isn't black.

No run.  I'm having one of the other therapist adjust me today.  I'll tape the hip tomorrow before I run.  If it would just stop already Sad

It is fine until I try to run then I can feel it some.  Most wouldn't even notice it but I do.  I didn't even chance it today to try to run.  I will tomorrow.  I'm so hating this.

Laura yes it is nice to not have dad calling a zillion times a day.  I had gotten him down to once a day and the last few months gotten down to a few a week.  Now we are down to once a week so I'm good with that.

Carol sounds like cross training is needed

Ginny hope the trainer goes well.

I need to get DH's birthday present today.  His 50 th is next week.  Since he likes to fish I'm getting him a charter fishing thing for when we go to the Outer Banks next week so he can go out and fish.  I'm NOT going with him. No thanks.  He can have that fun all on his own.  I'm not into fishing.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Damarias - Congrats on MCM!!!  Glad you were able to finish it after Chicago...

Marjorie -Hope the hip starts to feel better.  Is your marathon next week in Outer Banks?

Crazysue - I don't think you were a sofa spud (love that BTW) after running 10 miles!

Ginny - Hope the trainer motivates you tomorrow!

Did get out for a 4 miler this am...was beautiful weather....and am actually feeling more like myself again.   Crazy thing is happening, all of a sudden I have this strong desire to retire in 2 years...weird....I will be 60 at that time....not sure what is prompting this.   Not sure if it was marathon fatigue, stressful job...just don't know.  My only is concern is finances....I do really enjoy what I do, but I think I am getting burned out and done....yikes, this is really odd.

Carol

camille2

Rest day for me. It's pretty nice out though so I may do a couple later.

Lisa, I'm so glad you got out on the trails.  Something about the trees and leaves this time of year just makes me feel happy.

Carol, would it be possible to work part time?  I did that for the  last couple years I worked and it was great. If it weren't for my mom, I'd prob try to do that again.

Demaris, congrats!  The big races are just about fun and finishing anyway.

Marjorie, bummer on that hip! I hope today's therapist can help you out.

Sue, I think a 10 mile run excuses you from sofa spud criteria.  : )

Judy, I've never had a black toenail either, but I used to get blisters on my toe tips until I changed shoes.

Ginny, have a good workout with your trainer.

I've been putting up closet organizer.  Someone who is handy could prob do it in an hour. I've been at it much of the day and it's only partly done. I keep needing breaks. : )

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Had one of the other therapist pop the SI so I'm hoping that takes care of it

Carol it is in 2 weeks So I have a bit of wiggle room, but once again, my time goal seems to be fading away from me.

In the long run, the time it takes me to complete this race really doesn't matter.  I just like to run and I know I'm not going to be very fast.  I so was hoping for the low 4's but again, just probably won't be in the cards this time.  If my stomach cooperates and my hip doesn't hurt, I'll take that as a win.

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Camille - I am embarassed to say I only work part time at this time, so I really shouldn't be feeling like this.  It isn't like I am working 5 days a week like most people....I have a dream schedule compared to most...   Hope you got your organizer done!

Marjorie - Agree, just enjoy the run!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Gonna be a quick post from me - I'm tired! I had a meeting all day up by the airport that got done at 4, so at least I got home before 5 for a change (normally I get home around 6:15). I was able to get 6.3 miles in before dark!

Damaris, I think that's the best way to run MCM. Just too many people to run that one for time. Glad you enjoyed it!

Carol, it took me a full two weeks to feel rested and recovered after Mohawk Hudson. When I was running them during training, I wasn't running all out, plus running a ton of mileage so I didn't really need much recovery after those. So I think you're doing okay.

DH and I are starting to plan our retirement too. He's 48 and wants to retire at 55. I'm 46 and will retire if we move to Houston, or when I'm 53. Trying to figure out where we want "home base" to be, and planning on buying a small camper and doing a lot of traveling to cycling and running races and destinations. Is it wrong we're having these conversations after I've only been in my new job for 2 weeks?

Speaking of work, I found out that there are bathrooms in the basement of our building with showers. I definitely am going to come up with a run at lunch plan over the winter.

Hi to all,

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel