Womens Running

Terrific Tuesday Supermoms (Read 25 times)

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

r-eh - aww you're so sweet!  I was totally inspired by you this week too - I kept thinking during my tempo that you ran at that pace for 20 miles this weekend!  I could surely hang on for a measly 5 Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

For anyone who asked, 'piles' is British-ese for hemorrhoids.  And I bought TP, so I can wipe my ass without panicking Smile

rg - what's wrong with your DH going to visit his parents by himself? G and I both do that occasionally.

eh - my legs are not too bad, I'm just trying to forget that I'm supposed to do this again, FASTER, in less than 2 weeks.

cx2 - I can't believe you don't know what metric is.  Really.

ernie - we usually laugh at overdressed people, especially at races..but I remember one day when it was like -15 and windy and snowy and some guy was out in shorts and a tshirt and really red legs.

CA - garmin is in km but my workouts are a strange combo of metric and imperial.  I prefer kms, miles go by soooo slow on the TM!  DH wouldn't tell me at first how he learned how to change the display...the book manual has no info and my google-fu was apparently weak, because DH said he googled and found it on the Canadian Tire website.

becky - these last few rolls of TP were 'stolen' by G from his office (yah he is self employed so he pretty much stole from himself, lol) Going away after Christmas sounds heavenly! Excuses to get out of holiday obligations!

arm - do you own any cold weather running gear? I think the first year I ran outside I spent about $500 on stuff..but I am still wearing almost all of it 6 years later.

bermy - did you go to the AA meeting?

stroller - enjoy your day off!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Not sure if it will happen tonight.

TR: Woke up with a fever of 102 at 9 pm and went to bed with me. Stayed home from daycare with diarrhea. I went into work a couple hours late so that DH could take a nap since he was at work all night.  R is getting more independent, wants to do stuff himself. When he does something, his face lights up and he says "I did it!!". So sweet.

FR: Something with chicken thighs. Maybe chicken chili?

NRR: Busy busy busy. Still haven't figured out what i'm going to do about my stepmom/dad situation.  DH is a champion grudge holder, so there will be no sweeping this under the rug.

Not sure I will be able to do personals, but Hello anyways.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Erniegirl

cx2 - "No no no" is a popular one here, too. Nice that there has been some bath time improvement.

CA - Your mileage has been fantastic! Ha ha, "mama" "dada" and "milk" really are the important things in life.

Becky - Ugh, sorry about the sinus infection. LOL at stealing TP from work. I don't think I ever did that, but now I am wondering why not?

arm - Brr, it is cold there! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Bermy - Sounds like the Y is working out well for you. I wish we had one in town. Have fun at the pumpkin patch!

Stroller - Are you racing 5k tonight or is it just a fun run? Hope your friends move close to you! I charted for a few months, but stopped because it was making me stressed out and obsessive. We are DTD pretty much every single day so I'm not worried about missing the egg.

spike - So cute on R's proud independence. Hope he's feeling better!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

CA: with the way your training and racing heads been going, 3:50 is definitely a reasonable goal. Pace yourself well from the start and you should be able to fly over those hills with no problems!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

armmama

DD1 ended up staying home from school today, she was running a low fever.  L doesn't seem warm anymore but he still has diarrhea.  Hopefully it's a quick bug.  I stocked up on Airborne and Zicam.  I'm going to be pissed if I'm sick for this marathon!

becky - when DH and I ran Disney Princess this last February I was so sure I would be sick for it since I was sick with some awful sinus crap the year before.  But I wasn't!  I think a weekend away after Christmas sounds wonderful.  Where would you go?

bermy - nice run this morning!  And way to go figuring out how to do it with DS.  I hope the playdates go well!

stroller - I wish I had the option of dropping L off at daycare when he is whiny!  Sometimes the change of scenery snaps him out of it.

CA - is there an average amount of time to add to a McMillan predicted time?  I'm not really sure what to go for at NYC.  Based on my half in August McMillan predicts a 4:08 (4:03 if I go off my half in April when it was cooler) but I was thinking more like 4:30.  I don't want to start off too fast but I don't want to sell myself short either!  Where's my crystal ball when I need it...

zorbs - my mom bought me a jacket but that's all I have for really cold weather.  The top I wore today was OK for 25˚ but I wouldn't go any colder in it.  Also I only have 1 pair of long tights and my legs were still kind of cold in them this morning.  I know it's only going to get colder!

spike - aww, sounds like R has what L has!  I hope he feels better soon.  I also hope the family drama dies down.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

FR - forgot to report back on the slow cooker cilantro lime chicken - it's a hit!  We had it in tortillas with avacado and sour cream, and then for lunch today I'm having it with avacado and spinach as a sorta taco salad.  My version has chick peas instead of black beans bc that's what I had, but either would be good.  I also made it with bone in chicken thighs and they are good, not dried out.  Recipe again is on my blog.

RG - thanks a lot, I really appreciate your vote of confidence!

spike - poor R!  I hope he feels better.  Good luck with figuring out the family drama... no fun at all.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

arm  - I really don't know... I do know that everyone says that McMillian is fast unless you've been running an insane number of miles, and have a lot of indurance.  For my first full (when I didn't have a freaking clue about anything... - it was before I'd discovered obsessing over the internet for long hours), I just tried to run a super easy first half, I think my half split was around 2:05-2:10 ish, and I felt good until 20 miles and then it got really hard to keep going, just one foot infront of another, and I came out with 4:27.  My half PR at that time was 1:57, and I had been injured throughout my training, so was very undertrained for the race.  I had gotten in at least one 20 miler, but my weekly total average was low.  I have no idea if that helps, but that was my experience...

beckykay

Weekend away - DH wants to do NYC together, leaving the munchkin with his parents.  Sounds fun but the logistics of it all is stressing me out.

BermyHorse

Rg – hope you don’t have to go and see ILs this weekend. Yes gross on spitting. Wonder what that’s about. My DS has learnt to dive now so instead of jumping over things he now dives head first. It’s crazy. He is a daredevil. Need to choose another race. My coach wants me to run the Vanderbilt xcountry course in nov. it’s an open meet.

Zorbs – funny on gates. And I was laughing about the kale salad – is that going to be an ongoing experiment of foods now? I thought you had piles and I was wondering how that worked out for you with fb information you gave us. I didn’t go to meeting cos sitter was in hospital. She is out now and fine so I am hoping to make it next mon. I had DS with me but decided against taking him.

Eh – I agree that yoga makes all the difference too esp in range of motion in glutes and hams!

Cx2 – hope you got through demo before fire drill.

Ernie – same here – it was 51 and I was wearing bra and bun huggers and about 6 other people in head to toe fleece with gloves and hats.

CA – I am so proud of you non-injured – you have a great running base, you had a ton of miles and speedwork from your halves and you are doing great! And yes, over analyse and over think everything – I love the details. Love your blog btw and loved how much freakin effort it was to convert the data files. And then the freakin watch said you had finished!!! Seriously????!!!

Becky – boo on possible sinus infection. Hope that goes away as quickly as it comes. Can’t believe you ran so far in your race! And got lost! NYC to holiday or to run?

Arm – ha ha I had the exact SAME conversation with my DH about buying clothes – I need a coat, boots, etc etc and all running gear too. Erm, yes, 6am freak out. I would have screamed and turned the other way. You are brave. Y gym daycare is excellent – the ladies are superb and so far, so good.

Stroller – do you have lots of army friends? Are you living on a base? I think I missed something.

Spike – I have absolutely no idea on how to navigate your very complex family situ. I always turn to professional help for things like that as they steer me the most healthy path and present options which are good for everyone. I tend to put my needs last and I need to be better at sticking up for what I want in the whole deal.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - lol, yes on the blog post - it was quite funny in the moment, we had just started, run across the river, had a pit stop at the toilets, and had just gotten going again when we passed by the area we would be finishing at in 3 hrs when my garmin played a celebratory song and declared the workout finished!  At that moment I knew that I would not be using that tool for my race Smile  You have no idea how happy I am (or you probably do know) to not be injured, I have spent many a day wondering if marathon's are not my cup of tea and hoping they could be, so this is very exciting!

beckykay

Bermy:  You know me so well.  Not to run this time, just to play. Smile

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Bermy - I'm suspecting it's actually the roasted garlic that I always get from whole foods that's the culprit. I was sitting writing my race report while b was at music class and farting up a storm. Later when dh came home, he told me the whole house smelled like assholes.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/