Womens Running

Warm up Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST at the gym.  Wish I could go to hot yoga, as it's -21/-30C windchill right now, but the classes aren't at good times for me.

TR - we left him in the preschool room while we talked to the administrator, and he had so much fun he didn't want to leave.  What impressed ,me is that this preschool has been around for 50+ years, I remember Sam saying she attended this school as a kid.

FR - ma po tofu, bok choy, brown rice.

NRR - gotta get a bday present for DH.  Apparently costco has the merino wool base layers for men, hopefully they still have them.  DH always complains that his chest is cold when running.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Ran 4.5 last night.  Couldn't decide between 4 or 5 so that was my compromise.

BR:  Another shitty night.  Looked really big in his crib when DH got him up this morning, he was turned the wrong way.  Is starting to hold on to his "binka" which is our Bermy Blanket!

TR:  Cries about freaking everything.  Covers his face, then wants a hug and says "its okay" in the cutest way possible.  Holy moly man, why are you crying?!

NRR:  Kind of cranked out today.  Woke up (for good at 4:45) just cranky.  I'm pretty sure I have a clogged duct, the roads were bad, I didn't get out of the house at the time I wanted and had a student waiting for me, DH is taking my car in for an oil change which means he gets essentially the whole morning to himself to read, I snapped hard core at a kid this morning who was arguing with me, I left my iPad at home, and maybe I am being too sensitive but I feel like there are people treating me pretty shitty when I would NEVER treat them like that.  Okay...that was not only a long sentence, but a huge whine fest....I need some wine.

FR:  Spaghetti.  DH made homemade sauce and it is really good.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - 16k. Another freezing cold (-33) but sunny day.

TR - Yesterday at library program, the librarian was reading a picture book, and S pointed to a farmer in the story and said "Daddy!" Then she pointed to a picture of a big, fat clown and said "Mommy!" Hmmm

FR - Honey-lime glazed chicken breasts, roasted seasoned cauliflower and carrots

NRR - Going to take S to drop in play at the community centre this morning and then run some errands this afternoon. Dude is coming to fix our furnace at some point, but I have no problem leaving him alone in the house and going out. I need to put some gas in my car. Despite the fact that I don't mind running 16k outside in this weather, I am dreading having to stand outside to pump gas!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - sounds like a great preschool!  And great that they have room for him right away.  I have that merino wool base layer from costco, it's nice.

mer - booo to the shitty night.  Sorry for the rotton day/mood/whatever, I hope you get your wine tonight.

ernie - lol @ S's mommy and daddy... for a long time when M was that age she'd sing old macdonald, and want mommy and daddy on the farm, daddy said 'YES', mommy said "Heeehaaaw".  Awesome turn around on the furnace dude, especially for a friends and family rate deal!

Me:

RR - 40-60 mins recovery.  Legs are sore from the 400's last night.  It was fun though and we hit our splits really well.

TR - After her late night the day before, she was a mess yesterday morning, cried all the way to the sitters bc she didn't get to put her own boots on.  Hopefully today is better!

BR - thinks she's a big kid now, runs after M chasing her trying to do whatever she's doing.

FR - more leftovers... we still have both taco meat and beef soup.  Hopefully we finish it so we can eat something different tomorrow.

WR - interview tomorrow!!!  One of my coworkers who's also looking has an interview also, so nothing is in the bag here... I'm hoping that my history at this company gives me a bit of an edge.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - I hope your shit day gets better and that you get some wine.

ernie - bahaha on the fat clown. My car is running on fumes but I didn't get gas today beccause it seems like whenever I need gas it's fucking freezing out, I think gas stations are like arctic wind tunnels.  Once I may or may not have asked C to pump gas for me because I was too much of a princess to stand out in the cold.  My parents told me that it's not good for the car to be nearly empty in cold weather.

CA - I have 2 of the merino wool base layers but I am looking for the men's version for DH.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by a 5 mile run this morning. It was cold, but surprisingly not windy, so it wasn't bad.

Tr: mimicking EVERY word we say now- it's so cute Smile. Now I really have to watch what I say around him. The only time I use bad language is when I'm driving, oops.

NRR: ran to Target this morning for a few things. A friend told me about a drop-in play center above the library. Thought about taking R today, but it doesn't open until 12, which is when he goes down for a nap.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runnergirl9508

Zorbs- what kind of seasonings/sauce do you use for the tofu? Nice ST workout this morning.

Mer- sorry about the crappy start to the day, hope it gets better for you! Ugh, sorry about the toddler tears.

Ernie- I hate pumping gas in the cold!! I filled up on Monday, before the temp dropped and I'm so glad I did.

CA- are you liking this speed phase of training? O is such a big girl already, chasing after M! Good luck with the interview Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - this is the recipe I use, and you could make it vegetarian by subbing soy ground beef or try this recipe.  It's not as complicated as it looks, I'm too lazy to make my own chili oil, I buy it in a jar.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - without the wind, the cold is so much easier to take!  Too bad about the timing for the drop in play, that's a strange time to open since most toddlers nap in the afternoon.  The speed phase has been fun, but my body is not used to running fast, it's been a long time since I've done any sort of focused fast running.

runninmer

Zorbs - Anything hot sounds really good right now. I am sick of being cold.  The preschool we are looking at has been around forever too.  Helps knowing they have an established program.  My dad always told me not to let the car go below 1/2 tank when cold.  Weird that it has stuck with me for so long.

ernie -  ha!  I am like y.  I'll run in some pretty cold weather, but then make DH fill my car. Hope you and S have a good day.

CAR - How many days a week do you rest?  Good luck with the Interview.  I would say if you left on good terms, you would have an advantage.

rg - You can tell when people, who don't have little ons plan things.  How was your appointment?  Are you sleeping better?

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Mer - I run 5 days, and try to ST 2, but try to ST on at least one run day so I can take one total rest day per week.  It's hard to fit it all in, but the ST is helping me not get injured, so it's worth it!

Erniegirl

zorbs - Sounds like a great preschool! When will you start him? I feel like everyone has a Costco membership except me...although I still have no intention of getting one

mer - Sorry you're having such a bad day! I hope the yummy spaghetti helped cheer you up a bit and you get to have some wine tonight

CA - So excited for your interview. I will keep all my fingers crossed for you!

rg - It was -31C without the windchill and -33C with the windchill here this morning, so barely windy either, and that really makes a big difference. So strange about the drop in centre hours! Are those the hours everyday? Our community centre is 9:30-2:30, but it pretty much empties out by 1 pm everyday because everyone has gone home for lunch/nap.

mer/zorbs - My dad also always told me never to let the gas get below half a tank in the winter. It's probably never great for your car to run on fumes, but I always suspected that rule was more so you don't run out of gas and get stranded when it's -100 out. Given the warning light came on in my car today as I was pulling into the gas station, I am clearly not a good listener 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15