Womens Running

Foggy Fall Friday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

BermyHorse

Rg – you’re all over the place this morning! Hope you get a few moments in there to relax a little. So cute on collecting things. For my hill repeats I collected acorns on the walk/jog back and lined them all up to keep track of how many I had done! It was a good distraction from the torture.

Zorbs – I am worried about your bum. Hope it gets better. Hugs x I avoid big social gatherings like the plague. I hate them.

Ernie – hope those bugs stay away from you and hope that you get a little break this weekend.

Cx2 – big hugs for your rough patch. Hope it passes soon – hopefully today will be a better day for you.

Arm – I love athlete – I had never been in it before and DH came in with me and he picked stuff out and every single thing in a small fit, just right. That never happens to me. Anywhere. It was so awesome. So now I know I can order online. I got a gorgeous jumper in purple and love it so much but it’s too hot just yet! I hear you on full on crabby or full on lovely with our 2yo boys!!! What is your goal marathon pace?

Becky – hugs on your rough time. Hope your boss gives you a bonus/payrise/random gift of appreciation as you bend over backwards for those people. Hope you can get a run in soon.

Stroller – yay for time with your DH!!! Yayayayaya!

CA - very scary on the drive home – excellent driving skills given the potential there for what could happen. Re. days off, if I were you, I would treat myself to 2 days off. It won’t make a darn bit of difference overall but will make a huge difference to your injury potential.

Spike – couldn’t resist picking up a magazine for you. Will post later. It is a kind of “sorry you are living in a crap shack (your words) and can’t sew or do anything you love and are tripping all over each other and having a rough time” gift.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Feeling petty today and looking for a race or activity for me to do by myself the weekend of Nov 2 because I looked at the calendar and DH hunting this weekend will make 4 weekends in a row of me on total parenting duty because he works the next 2 after this. DH will also be out of town the weekend of Nov 9.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

BermyHorse

spike - that's not petty, that's putting your needs first. You deserve it. I loved racing last weekend as the spotlight was on me (for a change right?) - everyone had to get up when I said, go to my race, wait for me to finish. Yeah, mom's day!!!

superspike113

Honorary Old

I kinda don't want to waste my money on a race entry though because with our schedule there won't be an opportunity to do speedwork between now and then, just stroller running...

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - nice work at the track!!  Sounds like your new RP is great, I hope the mom's group works out!

spike - YES plan the race and then a spa visit!!  You deserve a whole day to yourself with DH taking full weekends for a month. Don't even worry about whether you PR or go fast or anything, just think of it as a running date that you can't break.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

Funny story, I asked my coach what I needed to buy for running gear for colder weather. She said "mittens". I said "and what else?" she said "nothing". In 40s I am supposed to run in a bra top, track shorts and freakin MITTENS!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Funny story, I asked my coach what I needed to buy for running gear for colder weather. She said "mittens". I said "and what else?" she said "nothing". In 40s I am supposed to run in a bra top, track shorts and freakin MITTENS!

LOL   I get really hot when I run, but I can see that. I would get a Buff for your ears too Smile

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

LOL Bermy - I wouldn't be wearing mitts in the 40's, but not bra top either, I'd be in shorts or crops and a tank, possibly arm sleeves or a long sleeve depending on the intensity/wind.

BermyHorse

CA/Spike - this winter is going to be a funny one, I can just tell.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

bermy - please keep updating us Wink  ... we had snow last night (after my drive, not during), so it won't be long until I'm digging into the winter gear - maybe even this weekend for my trail race in the mountains.

BermyHorse

CA - we might have to rename bermy 1000s the headlight 1000s.

I went into a sports shop last night to look for running mittens but didn't see any. I will investigate online. I stared jealously at all the other wondrous winter wear. How is work going? And evenings/ marathon training and fitting it all in etc?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - I wouldn't get mitts, I'd get gloves.  You'll never get temps low enough to warrent mitts, I only wear mitts when it's into single digits.  Or you could buy something like this: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-BAGLII.html  I have Nike ones and they are quite convenient as you can pull the mitt covers out anytime you get a bit chilly.  Work/running/everything is good so far, but I've only been working 3 days so far, and get a long 3 day weekend this weekend Smile  This week was also a cutback week running wise, so that helps.  Next week will be up above 75km's again so that'll be more challenging.

BermyHorse

CA - nice research. If this is all I am allowed then I am going to wear as much mitten as possible.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I have manzella gloves that have a wind mitt you can pull over the fingers that tuck away into a pocket.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

bermy - I am the opposite of CA - my hands get so cold that if it's cold enough for hand protection, I break out the mittens.  When it is really cold, I wear silk glove liners, then an instant hand warmer, and then fleece mittens with nose wipe.  Don't worry about the state of my butt - it has gotten better throughout the day and *knock on wood* I haven't felt any twinges since early this morning.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/