Womens Running

Yet Another Freezing Friday - Supermoms (Read 11 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST at the gym, followed by hot tub.  If the hot tub is closed, I'll be very disappointed.

TR - I'm still trying to process how/why he thinks his penis will break if his poops in the potty.  Also, how to calm his fears.  Would finding this out be the secret of finally getting him PT'd?

FR - cauliflower mac.  Chinese chili was good, except the recipe warned that it would be soupy and I should have halved the amount of canned tomatoes to make it thicker.  Can't really describe the taste - all the chinese flavours kind of blended together.  I served it on top of rice, which for some reason DH LOVED.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR: 4 or 5 on the TM after work.  LR of 9 or 10 this weekend but refuse to do it on the TM again.

BR:  Is learning how to make wet razzing noises.  Super cute.

TR:  Was hesitant to go in to the preschool room last night, but once he was in, he didn't want to leave!  Kept telling us at dinner that he didn't feel good, but I struggle with him knowing what that really means.  Told him he was just hungry.  Well....he was trembling in the bath last night and his skin was all splotchy, saying he was cold.  Sure enough, temp over 100*.  Was cuddly and listened well so he definitely isn't feeling good.

NRR:  I would love to say I am PMSing, because DH is just pissing me off.  There are a few things I want to call him out on, but don't have the heart nor do I want to fight.  I truly am pissed about my sink because now my mornings are f'd up with running up and down stairs to do things.

FR:  Stopped for coffee this am.  I have been paying for the person behind me and today it was a coworker and her two boys.  Best $ spent all week.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!
        RR - SRD. Ran 6 days this week and feeling good 

TR - Apparently she was up in the night, I didn't hear a thing, DH was up with her. Going to the Montessori preschool open house tomorrow. She just wants there to be toys there, hopefully there is! 

BR - starting to say more, or her sounds are sounding more like words.

FR - homemade pizza night! I should grab some salad fixings too.

NRR - my mom is coming for dinner... my dad is away for 10 days or so, I think she's bored/lonely. She was excited to do something when she found out I had the day off, but really I just need to get shit done and wanted some time alone, I said, come for dinner, then yesterday when I told her my interview time she said, ok I'll come over after lunch...Maybe I can put her to work cleaning or something 

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Kantkatchme

Zorbs-  sorry about the pt conundrum.  Glad the chili was a hit!  I hope the hot tub is open,  my IL's have one but the chemicals always make me super itchy, so I rarely go in.

Mer- uhoh poor little dude!  I hope he feels better soon! I missed the sink details, it sounds frustrating! I hope youhave a nice lr outside this weekend! I love your genoueeosity at the coffee shop.

Ca-good luck at your interview!

Kantkatchme

Rr-  really need to get out there.  This week has been a busy with the weather and DH. (He's home!)

Br- has a little princess car that was given to us .  She has been pushing it around sidways, one hand on the steering wheel the other on the push handle at the back for a week, today she started to walk it around with just the back handle.  So cute!  She really has to work hard to keep her balance so it doesn't roll to fast, I'm not ready for her to walk! Lol it's like all of a sudden she went from being a big baby to a little toddler!

Dh- came home yesterday!   He's still under the weather and on a low fibre diet to give his colon a chance to heal.  I had to go buy a bunch on white bread/ flour/ pasta.  We don't normally eat that kind of stuff. He's pretty excited to have white bread lol, except he doesn't actually want to eat.  I think I'll make home soup with some approved veggies and alphabet noodles.  Lol

nrr- my aunt is here from out of town, so will have a visit later today before she goes home.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 2.2 miles on the TM followed by lifting legs. Per zorb's advice, I've been ST 4 weeks now and the DOMS isn't as bad. I've never stuck with it this long because I always felt crippled after and I was doing full body workouts vs splitting upper and lower body.

TRBig grinIdn't see much of him last night, his godmother picked him up from daycare so I could work out. I asked DH to take him to daycare this morning, since he was off, and DH was being very grumpy and authoritarian with him. I think DH thinks I'm too nice, but R was just as defiant to Dh's sternness.  R has been doing this really pathetic fake cry where he pouts and sniffles and announces that he's sad or crying. "I'm crying *frowny face* *Sniff sniff*"

FR: spicy carnitas tacos last night. ??? for tonight I forgot to thaw anything. Maybe corn chowder or split pea soup?

NRR: Insomnia last night. I woke around 2 am and didn't fall back asleep until after 4 sometime. When my alarm went off at 5:20 was when I asked DH to do the daycare run (I usually do it since I'm up anyways) so I could sleep til 6. I think the extra sleep just made my fatigue worse.

NRR2- stepsister called me last night, she got engaged on SuperBowl Sunday and they are planning a wedding next month- March 29. She asked if I would take photos and I said I would. Need to buy a few key pieces of gear. They've only been dating since the end of October, I think, but she will be 37 in April and wants to have kids so is putting everything on the fast track.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR3- DH bought that fridge from his coworker- yup they unplugged it and left the doors closed so it is all moldy inside Sad  And guess who gets to clean it?

zorbs- ooooh the hot tub sounds nice. Maybe I will do another TM run and lift upper body then go hot tubbin! That is so weird about the broken penis thing lol. I remember being scared of the toilet for a while as a kid after seeing a commercial where an animated toilet talked.

Mer- that's nice about the coffee, I wanted a latte this morning but it snowed last night and I had to drive slow.  DH has his panties in a knot and its putting me in a bad mood, but I don't really want to fight either. Wish you and I could have a night out and vent over wine or something.

CA- My mom only lives 30 minutes away but I hardly ever see her, but she's not very good at cleaning. Good luck at your interview today!

Kant- hope your DH is on the mend soon. Do they know what caused the diverticulitis?  My FIL is a colon cancer survivor and had a colon resection 10+ years ago, and now he has Chrons as a result. The doctor told him he can never eat salad again.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - I hope J feels better soon!  I had an epic fight with DH at 5:30 this morning, no less..B came down to use the bathroom, I needed to go but was already late leaving for work, and I held it in because DH was outside the bathroom, literally crying because he is such a pussy and can't hold it.  DH shouted at me that I could either a) wait until I got to work or b) waited for him to go first not understanding that..I have to train the moment I get to work, my client has to get out of there, so there was no bathrooming at least for another hour and I can't wait for DH to go to the bathroom when I HAVE TO LEAVE FOR WORK, LIKE NOW.

CA - I always feel smothered when my parents come over.  Even if they help clean.

kant - sometimes pools make me itchy, but I find if I rinse off and moisturize immediately after I'm good.

spike - glad the doms is better.  I haven't done split ST for years..your body doesn't work as upper/lower body or chest/back/legs so why train that way?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR: a little over 5.5 miles this morning after bootcamp. I ran loops around the new park; which has a cement .5 mile loop. I typically try to avoid running on cement as its the worst surface for your body, but it was one of the few ice-free places I could find to run today. Had a nice progression run with the last 2.5 miles under 7.40! I'll take it.

Tr: slept fabulously last night, thanks to spike's sleep sack! He was rushing me through his bedtime routine to put it on, ha! He had a stupid meltdown today when we got home from running errands and I took his sneakers off. Uh, we ALWAYS take our shoes off when we come into the house, dude. Bleh- toddler tantrums.

NRR: DH is working OT again tonight, but we have a low key weekend, which I'm looking forward to.

Be back for personals during nap time.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- R immediately takes his shoes off when we get home, this causes tantrums if we are just going home for a few minutes and leaving again because he'll take them off and be pissy about putting them back on.

TR2- so last night R wouldn't get out of the car and would screetch and back away when I tried to get him out. So I shut the door and went in the house for like 30 seconds to set down my purse and take off my coat, came back out and he was sobbing. I felt like a jerk but I just can't handle the screetching and uncooperativeness 24/7, and he was totally safe since the car was off and in the closed garage.

runnergirl9508

spike- I leave R in the car while I unload the groceries- so much easier to deal with! great job with your ST routine- I'm sure you must be feeling great. have you decided on any spring races? ew on the moldy fridge- I'd be pissed. how cool that you get to photo your SS's wedding! I hate insomnia- hope you get good rest this weekend.

Kant- YAY for DH coming home. I hope he's feeling better soon. how long will he be out of work? have a great visit with your aunt. I hope you can get some good running in this weekend. Wow, sounds like A is on the verge of walking Smile

CA-my mom visits a lot in the summer as my dad is very active in his motorcycle group, taking rides and raising money for charities all over. good luck with your interview today!!! great job on the 6 running days this week. hope you guys all like the preschool!

Mer- how nice of you to pay for coffee! I had that happen to me once, and I was planning to pay for the person behind me, but there was no one in line Sad Aw, I hope J is feeling better today! Sounds like he enjoyed the preschool visit. Ugh on the sink-that would make me really mad. hope you get clear roads and decent weather for an outdoor LR this weekend. I forgot, are you signed up for a half?

Zorbs- glad the chili went over well last night. I LOL'ed at B's potty comment. Nice ST workout this morning!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- I'm kinda nervous about shooting a wedding, its kind of a big deal and I hope I don't screw it up. I just ordered a speedlight and extra battery and will borrow another lens from my friend.