Womens Running

Typical Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Typical that I already want the week to be over.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, good for you doing your own half. I've done that at least 3 times.

Monday I had a good track run for 35 minutes. Last evening I went to our nearby classic car show. It's a real joy to see the cars that were around when I was a teen. Beautiful paint jobs on those cars.

I have my heel cup for today. When I run more (and now out on pavement once a week), my PF acts up so the heel cup helps.

Track run today at the gym.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

5.3 morning miles for me.

Judy - I want the week to be over, too   At least it's a shortened week, due to the holiday.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  We are back home after a short trip to California for the race and now I'm back at work trying not to fall asleep.  SRD # 2 here.  I am trying to heal my heel which has been inflamed for quite some time (non running related) so what best time than post marathon.

My marathon went OK. I was targeting 5 hours due to the 5 weeks of training and surgery.  I was fine, except at Miles 18-22 I got to run on a dirt path and there was a lot of wind so my throat closed (I am allergic to dust) and ran those 5 miles very slowly, then picked up the last three to finish strong.  I came in 16 minutes slower than I wanted but considering the closed throat and asthma, I'll take it.

Judy, nice workouts.  Hugs back!

LC Runs, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!  6.83 miles this morning.  Had to make an unplanned run back to the house for a potty stop. ;(

Hoping for a little more focus at work today.  Yesterday was pathetic.  Server kept going down.  I thought it was my system.  Whew!

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Signed up for Hartford and Newport this morning while waiting for a phone call. Yes, I know I said my first double was the dumbest thing I've ever done and to not ever let me do it again, but that was before I'd ever run an ultra (I think). It seems like a double would not hurt as much as a 50-miler. We will see, I guess.

Yes, let's just start the weekend now! I think I was kind of blowing things off last week a little in anticipation of the trip home and the half, and it is coming back to bite me.

D, not a bad time at all, especially considering the circumstances! Nice job! It definitely sounds like you are coming back even stronger, so I expect to see some good times from you by the fall (cuz I think summer marathons and ultras should just be run for fun).

Susan, loved the picture yesterday. Your quilts are beautiful.

I'll probably run a few easy miles after work. No real training plan until I start training for Erie at the end of June.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1 for me

nice run Laura. How is the job going!  Do you still like it?

Damaris I can't imagine running in the dust cloud. Yuck

Karen nothing wrong with the double

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, I signed up too -- hope others can!

We can make this together. (cue music from "Frozen")

4 this morning with RN, she's not feeling so well -- tummy bug.

Waving to everyone, now back to work!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hour Pilates done. My instructor is still having bad sciatica but at least she could stand and tell me what to do today.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Opted for nap over running after work. Toying with the idea of an entire week off from running. I don't think I've done that since I started running, and I'm just feeling kind of tired and run down. Will see what the rest of the week brings.

Marjorie, my first Pilates session is this Saturday morning. I'm excited!

I'm also starting to feel conflicted with my decision to wait to tell my boss that we're moving. The money is nice, and I like my job, and I'd love it if I could keep working remotely once we move, but I don't know if it's fair to keep her in the dark for several months about the fact that we're moving next spring. I thought I learned my lesson form telling my boss at the last job that we were eventually moving because I didn't want to leave him in a lurch, then got laid off a few months later, which is partly why I didn't want to tell my current boss. But I'm not very good at hiding things. What would you do if you were in my position?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen you need to wait. As soon as it is 100% and you have a date you tell her. They've moved it before and could again. Even when they say it is certain, it never is until the ink is dry. Once you have an exact date then say something. Until then, you cant give an exact date nor that it really is 100%. It is 99.9%  but until you have a date it isn't 100 yet.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Yes, that was the mistake I made at my last job. But it is now official. Paperwork has been signed and approved by the powers that be. Move is May of 2015. We could do sooner if we wanted but definitely no later. Any later, especially now that paperwork has been approved, is considered a job resignation, plus he has to repay any moving expenses they've given him. We've already started working with the relo company on the house on both ends and are trying to schedule our home selection trip. Pre-approved for home loan down there, supposed to be picking a realtor, should be getting moving expense money in the next week or so. I think the "it's real" part is finally setting in and that's what is making me question my timing with my job.