Womens Running

Snowy Wednesday Out There (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.   :::scrape, scrape, brush, brush:::  Wink

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Snow has been accumulating. Tuesday I came home right away since the snow was starting to cover back roads. I did 50 minutes of cardio DVD, 20 minutes of it jogging.

Today is my last time at work until next Tuesday. I hope to go on a short trip after Thanksgiving.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out early for 5 miles, since the boys are out of school. The weather gods smiled on me - it was supposed to be 40 degrees and raining, but it was dry when I got up, so I ran outside rather than heading to the Y for the treadmill. Now for breakfast and coffee, then I'm making an apple cake to take to DH's aunt's house for tomorrow.

Judy - we're supposed to get a bit of snow here today.

Marjorie - sorry about the hip. Being injured sucks.

Karen - sounds like a few more days of rest are in order!

Tessa - keeping you in my thoughts.

Have a great day everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Hey!  Yesterday I did 6 miles after work.  Had a really good run.  Glad I got out there.

OMG this morning the group power instructor was ticked at another instructor and WE paid the price!   Quite a crap out!  (When I was in college the upper classmen would take the freshmen out and make them do killer exercises for hours.  We called those sessions "crap outs"  When I became an upperclassman,  my favorite was to make them wade through the ponds at the golf course and then do push ups/sit ups in the sand trap--I called them "sugar cookies")  So anyway, that was what this morning's workout was like.  It's all good, right?

We get out two hours early today--yay!  I will bake the pumpkin and pecan pies this afternoon and make cranberry sauce.

It is supposed to get down to 26F tonight!  Cold for us!!  Be careful in the snow!

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

wow, where is everyone?

Tessa the SI is a joint but the Sacrotuberous ligament is pretty large and controls some of the movement of the pelvis.  It is also continuous with the hamstring origin.  So it gives rise to the hamstrings.  It can take several weeks to heal.  It will be fine.  I've done Graston to it.  Taped it today and it feels normal with the tape as the tape is supporting it.  It doesn't hurt while I'm not running or as long as I don't put it on stretch.  With the tape, though, it is pretty good.  Tomorrow I plan a walk run thing.  I have to stress the tissue from doing Graston to it so it heals correctly.

Had  mammogram today.  I got there 15 min early, they took me right away and I was out before my appointment even was supposed to be.  Impressive.

Gatsby, nope chocolate cannot fix this.  Good thing since I'm not a big candy person

Karen now I just have to figure out how to keep it from happening again since it was the left hip for Hatfield and now it is the right.

Cindy how are the shins doing?

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

I was taking DH to radiation and then trying to get work done. Also took DS to school and hit Target and Costco. I don't need to go to the zoo now, I've already seen the wild animals in action.

Susan, 26? Wow.

Marjorie, hope the Graston works.

Hi Cindy, nice to see you! Mmm, apple cake.

Judy, good luck getting all that snow off the car.

Hello to everyone else!

5.5 this morning. I may try to sneak in another run before church this evening.

Bikerchick1

Tessa - Glad you checked in......we were getting ready to send out the posse looking for ya!

LCruns - Good luck on your turkey trot tomorrow!!!!  Sounds like fun Smile

Marjorie - Hope your healing comes soon!

Karen - I think you deserve to rest and eat.....

Judy - Hope you get to take your trip!

Cindy - Glad your weather cooperated for a nice run!

Crazysue - Wowza on the work out!!!  26 seems really cold for you all down there :0

Did a upper body work out CD with planks,push ups, etc. and did 30' on ellipical....  My abs were sore today...obviously I need to do more! Couple of  informal turkey tot's in town tomorrow....not a race, just groups of people.  Would like to make it to one of them, but probably not going to happen.  We have dinner early at DD's, so don't think I can get there/back, etc., without really rushing.  Will do my own neighborhood turkey trot Smile

Carol

runlikeagirl18

Ok, I am doing our local Turkey Strut tomorrow morning with DS1 and DS2, and it is supposed to be COLD! 27 degrees as race time, which is pretty chilly for us. Still, it will be fun. They had 1300 pre-registered and more registering at packet pickup, with lots of families, so it's a fun atmosphere.

Marjorie - the shins are not 100% but are manageable. I will probably take a couple of days off after my half to try to get them back under control.

Tessa - my children were among the wild animals at Costco today! Wink Actually, they were really pretty well-behaved. The apple cake is a first-time recipe for me; I hope it tastes as good as it smelled baking!

Carol - I think my abs are hopeless. Even with going to core class regularly, I'm still sore after.

Off to figure out what I want to wear for tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving to all, in case I don't get on tomorrow.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2