Womens Running

Silly Saturday & Sunday (Over 40) (Read 22 times)

Howdy!  Saturday was so busy!!  Quilt class from 8-3, wedding at 4 followed by reception, left at 6 to run a night race in the next town.  We had alot of fun.  It is a costume race, so 11 of us dressed as convicts and they some how convinced one of the guys to dress in a sherriff's uniform with these little tighty shorty shorts.  We had a blast and also won the costume contest.  I won the grandmaster's trophy.  I think my time was around 25:30.  Haven't checked the results yet.  It was funny to be on the course -- there were three of us running close to each other and we had some funny comments.

I guess I didn't need those six pounds I lost for Friday's colonoscopy?

This morning we ran 8 miles.  Chilly!  I was so tired I fell asleep during the sermon....

DS2 came home for a quick visit.  Got him a pair of cowboy boots, he's cleaning out the truck and then he is going back for a soccer tourney this afternoon.  Deuce has really grown in a month!

Lisa--yes, shopping is a good reward.  I know the runners appreciate you volunteering.

Damaris--hope you will be good to go for MCM.

Marjorie--wow how do you get all those miles in?

Karen--sounds like staying home was the right decision.

Hi Cindy, Gatsby  and Laura!   Y'all sound busy.

Tessa--hope you had a good weekend.

I should clean but think I will finish my sewing from yesterday's class.  We learned how to sew gentle curves in piecing strips of fabric to make a landscape or curved pieced project.  I wasn't really that interested but I have taken a class with that instructor before and liked her.  She was so excited I was in her class again and spent alot of time with me which was nice.  We also were comparing sock knitting.  Glad I went.  I still can't believe I packed that much into one Saturday.

ginnyb

Ran 10 miles this morning, but slower than I would have liked, but oh well.....right after the first mile I thought I saw flashing lights behind me (I was running in the street) and then I heard a blip, blip...police car warning me to get over and he raced by me, quicky followed by another, when I rounded the corner they had someone boxed in and were getting them out of the car, after I went around the block and was running down a different street the police were going door to door....not sure who or what they were looking for, but a little scary.  You would think the troublemakers would be off the streets by 6a.m. on a Sunday morning, guess not.

Made my GD a poodle skirt for Halloween over the weekend, came out really nice, can't wait to see her in it.  Made chicken noodle soup and brownies today, did some cleaning of kitchen cupboards and now I am exhausted.  Going to need a nap before I watch the Broncos take on Indianapolis tonight!

Congratulations Carol!  Great marathon, sub 5, that is impressive!  Good job!

Karen...I saw Gravity last weekend.  DH didn't want to go, so for the first time ever, I went to the movies by myself.  Very glad that I did, because that movie you definitely need to see in the theater!

Lisa...sorry about the Tigers, I was pulling for them...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Quick update. on Columbus today.  Was a little disappointed in time....but was still a 1 min PR.  Hoped to get in around 4:45.  The course was up and down hills at mile 17 thru 19.  Not bad, but enough to  give me some calf cramps.  Oh well it is done....and I feel good!  Columbus organizers did a great job.  Tons of crowd support and we'll organized.   still in columbus posting on IPAD...so will check personals tmrw Smile

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sue I just have little else I need to do on Sunday. All I had to do today was run and go to CVS to get my flu shot and get some stuff we needed  So I didn't have to do much.

Camille didn't see that segment. Hammy  spool doesn't have a treadmill. Just swimming.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Congrats Carol

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run today, but we went out to a nearby lake and walked on the trail for about 3.5 miles. The boys had fun, and it was a beautiful day for it.

Gatsby - my RB said that the course was really tough, but the scenery was absolutely stunning.

Karen - we don't have any games, etc. next Saturday, and I'm SO looking forward to sleeping in a bit. DS3's birthday is in March, so I get a break from birthday madness.

Lisa - congrats to you DD! I'm sure it was interesting to be on the volunteer side.

Marjorie - your neighbor must not be a runner!

Crazysue - I was a bit tempted to fall asleep during the sermon too. Wink

Ginny - DH wants to see Gravity, but I'm afraid it will stress me out. I think we might wait to use our "movie night" to see Catching Fire in November.

Carol - congrats on the PR!

Off to enjoy my tea before bed. I've had to give up my nightly ice cream habit - my weight has crept up a bit, lending proof to the adage "You can't outrun a bad diet." I'm trying to get it back down before it gets out of hand.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Arimathea

Tessa

Yay Carol! Yay Sue!

Ginny, how funny to have the police car warning you to get over.

Lisa, thank you for volunteering.

Marjorie, snickering about Hammy trying to hide the purple octopus.

Damaris, hope you feel better.

Cindy, no I have not done that race. Muir Beach is nearly 400 miles away. (Remember California is a very tall state.) Truth be told I have never been north of the Golden Gate bridge.

17 on Saturday with MM, 3.5 this morning. Taking Sis to the airport tomorrow but planning on running at lunchtime.

And DS had a fight with DH. Nasty things were said. They are not speaking to each other at this point.

I could do without that stress at this point.