Womens Running

No Tricks Just Treats Thursday Supermoms (Read 17 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: probably will wait until after training to run today. The gaps I have btw clients will be taken up by driving. As long as R's happy, I"ll probably run 4-5 miles and let him hang out with gma and gpa.

TR: he was thrilled to see them yesterday- he pretty much launched himself at my mom when she got here, and he hugged my dad's leg for a long time too. He was showing off all of his new tricks, pretty cute.

NRR: training until 9 today, then just hanging out with my parents. Trick or treating tonight- it's going to be R's first time out!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5K on the metric treadmill.  It's raining and I haven't tried out the TM since DH changed it yet.

TR - cried in the morning because DH took the pumpkin outside.  Today he's saying, "monster pumpkin, RAWR!"

FR - chinese stew

NRR - of course with my luck all the cancellations I have at work are only during prime trick or treat hours 6-7:30.  So I asked DH to come pick me up at work and we could trick or treat a bit with B at the houses near my work so I wouldn't miss out.

QOTD - temps for my HM on Sunday are calling for a HIGH of 4C/39F, partly cloudy, light breeze which means it will be a bit colder at the race start at 8 am.  Long sleeves or short sleeves?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - foot feels a little better this morning.  I tried the graston video  (thanks, zorbs) and have been rolling and stretching a lot!  Is it possible to do too much rolling/stretching/icing?

NRR - desperately need to get my eyebrows waxed.  My eyebrows grow EVERYWHERE if I don't take care of them.

FR - chicken and ???.  MIL is coming for dinner.  She didn't want to be home alone handing out candy.

KR - our kids won't go out for Halloween and we won't get any trick or treaters.  We can't really walk to any houses from here, so we haven't even bothered with Halloween since we moved here.

rg - so glad R was happy to see your parents.  I am sure he will be happy to stay with them while you run.  Have fun taking R trick or treating for the first time.  Let us know what he thinks.

zorbs - well at least you get to be there for some of the trick or treating.  Enjoy the metric treadmill - hope you like the changed DH made Wink   I need to dig out the candle for our kids pumpkins.  They are buried way under our stairs, and I keep saying I am going to find them, but I haven't yet.....

ZORBS (ETA) - I'd go w. long sleeves, but I am kind of a wimp....

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: probably LS shirt, unless its going to be sunny. Have fun trick or treating!

Reh: keep up with the ice/graston. Yes, you can over-stretch, so I wouldn't stretch more than 2-3 times a day. Our neighborhood gets about 100 trick or treaters, it's a busy two hrs.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

Zorbs - ditto Heather.  LS unless it was sunny.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

The forecast says "sunny with cloudy periods" POP 20%.  Should I go s/s then?

rg - I hope R enjoys going out tonight!  I think he will "get it" - B got the routine down after about 5 houses last year.

eh - I think having nice groomed brows is the easiest way to look polished, even without makeup.  YES you absolutely can overdo stretching and rolling..I have done it and it is not fun.  if you are overzealous you'll create more inflammation.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 5k or die trying... I'm at 295 km's for October.  Yesterdays run was rough only because the PM was striking (a side effect of having the stomach flu...), my legs and body felt good but my bowels did not.

TR - whenever there are commercials on the TV or radio she's always asking us 'what are they trying to sell us?'.  On the radio it's been a house and a car, and she's like 'but  mommy we already have a house/car'.

BR - DH is staying home with her today.  She still has a fever but is not lethargic like yesterday morning.  I think her fever was just so high that she felt like complete shit.

NRR - took me 1.5 hrs to get to work, because I had to drop M off at the dayhome and our dog at daycare, then go to the train and come into downtown.  I will not be putting in a full day!

FR - still need to buy halloween candy...

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Skipped it this morning, knew I was going to finally sleep well last night so I decided to bag it. I might try to go after trick or treating, or I might just wait til the weekend to run. I'm at peace as long as I'm getting 15-20 mpw.

TR: I see the terrible twos on the horizon, especially with this "I don't wanna!!!" thing he's doing. I tried to go for a 3 day streak of dry underwear at night and that didn't work out. At least he didn't cry, he just called out "Mama" until I came in his room then told me he peed. He didn't want to go back to his own bed after I changed his sheets, so he slept with us from 2:30-6:15.

FR: Last night was chicken sausage, rice, and veg.

NRR: Feeling a million times better after going to counseling, I slept well and enough for the first time in 10 days. DH and I had some good talks last night. I will go to counseling again on Tuesday to wrap up what we talked about last night. She's worried about the level of anxiety I'm having over food in social situations since I had a panic attack a couple weeks ago. She knows that I really don't want to take meds, but she thinks it should be something that I discuss with my doctor. She gave me a name of a marriage counseling place in Seattle that she thinks is really good- not that she thinks its necessary per se, but DH and I have very different personalities and communication styles so it could be helpful for us to communicate more effectively, without hurt feelings, and DH said he is open to it.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR2- I forgot about making/buying something as a candy receptacle for trick or treating tonight, so R is going to use one of those little Lululemon reusable shopping bags lol.

runnergirl- this year is R's first time too. I hope he will put on his costume today!

zorbs- what time is it supposed to reach the high, and what time is race start? I'm inclined to say long sleeves, but if your finish time will be near the warmest time of the day I'd say short sleeves + removeable arm sleeves/throwaway tube socks. LOL at Monster pumpkin. I'm a scrooge and didn't carve my pumpkins.

eh- if you grastoned yourself, you kinda need to let it heal for a couple days because if you keep massaging it a ton it will just worsen the bruising. Icing should only be 15-20 mins at a time.

CA- is it snowing there already?  Glad O is doing a little better today.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Yay for gma and gpa!!  My MIL comes home tomorrow after being gone almost 6 weeks, M is going to be so excited!

zorbs - I'd go long sleeves and maybe have a ss underneath and you could tie the LS around your waist, but that's probably not fashionable... Smile

r-eh - glad your foot is a bit better!  Ugh yeah I should get my brows done also, I pluck but it just isn't the same.

spike - glad you got a good sleep!!  and that you had a good session with the counsellor.  It snowed on the weekend here, the time getting to work was just ordinary traffic, plus the extra stops dropping everyone off.  There is usually zero traffic because I leave for work before 6... leaving at 7 is a whole different story.

nolamama

CQTM

RR: Plan today is Walk 5, Run 5, Walk 5, Run 5, Walk 5. (minutes people, not MILES). I don't know why I'm running less than Monday but I'm NOT straying from the plan. NO.  Big grin I'm actually fine with this as I'm still super sore from the class I did Tues.

TR: CUTEST KID EVER. I've been showing everyone at work pictures of her in her costume. We went out for dinner last night with her dressed up and she ran around the house in her costume for about an hour. She also wore it to daycare. That will be enough Halloween for us. We'll trick-o-treat next year.

FR: Not sure.

NRR: Excited for the weekend. Going to a wedding tomorrow and a concert on Saturday!

running eh

RR#2 - well, back from the chiro - The pain is less, but I have a funny pain on the outside of my foot now.  He said it is the cuboid bone that is stuck out of place.  He tried to put it back, but it still feels out of place.  He said running on Saturday is up to me....

CA - I love that M is taking the commercials so personally.  Kids are so funny.  Are your bowels feeling better today?  Sounds like a busy morning!  How long is your normal morning commute?

becky - HI!  Hope you are having a good day!

spike - glad the session went well last night and glad you could have a good night sleep (except for the wake up). The sitter left DD2 in undies during her nap yesterday, she woke up wet from neck to feet!

nola - sounds like a great weekend planned!  What is DD's costume?  Good for you o take your time getting back into it - you don't want to reinjure it - I think you are very smart!

Erniegirl

Hi Ladies! Late post for me today. I stayed up late watching the World Series and cleaning S's permanent marker art off the furniture, and then slept in and had to rush around this morning.

RR - Was supposed to do a tempo, but didn't have time due to sleeping in. Oh well, I'll do it tomorrow.

TR - Is dressed up as a giraffe for Halloween, and just keeps walking around yelling "Giaf! Giaf!"

FR - Skillet kale carbonara

NRR - Went to a Halloween party at the community centre this morning. They had tons of activities but S just wanted to play with cars and trucks, as usual. My mom is coming up tonight to help me hand out candy so I can take S trick or treating since DH will be at work. It's a dreary rainy day so hopefully it's not pouring tonight!

Okay, on to personals....

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

nola - smart way to get back into running!  LOL on minutes vs miles, who would have the patience to walk 5 miles!! Wink

r-eh - yes the bowels were much better today - no potty breaks during my run Smile  It usually takes 30-40 minutes to get to work.

ernie - Aww I bet S is a pretty cute giraffe!!  Did you get the marker art off the furniture?

Erniegirl

rg - So cute that R was so excited to see your parents. Have fun trick or treating! This is S's first time too...I'm thinking I'll just take her to our 5-10 closest neighbours and that will probably take a good hour at toddler speed anyway.

zorbs - Running in kms is so much better! They tick by so much faster than miles so you feel like you are accomplishing more. Your HM weather report is exactly what arm warmers are made for! Even without arm warmers, I'd do short sleeves as long as it's sunny and not too windy. And definitely a pair of throwaway gloves!

eh - Glad your foot is starting to feel better! I guess you live out in the country? Last year we got around 200 trick or treaters! I think it will be less this year because of the weather, but I've got lots of candy just in case.

CA - Amazing mileage for October!! Glad to hear O is on the mend. I just bought my Halloween candy yesterday...some of it was already on sale so you might have scored some good deals by waiting until the last minute!

spike - So glad you were able to have a good talk with DH and a good sleep last night! I'm sure you really needed that. Lol, I was totally going to send S out with a lulu bag as well, but a kid on our street gave me a little trick or treat bucket for her to use today.

Nola - You are being smart with the gradual return to running! What was A's costume? I get so excited for Halloween now because the kids all look so darn adorable in their costumes.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15