Womens Running

Wobbly Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hold on to your hats. It's Wobbly Wednesday. Ice on the outside surfaces is contributing.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I did 30 minutes of running and 35 minutes of cardio. It’s interesting how speeding up/and using more energy in the cardio exercises plays with the appetite. I’m going to add protein. If I don’t, I might eat all the carbs left on the planet.

Today will be a shorter run since I am going out for dinner with a friend.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

3 TM miles this morning.  I never did run after work, just kind of lost my mojo after my work day (of course, running probably would have been the best medicine looking back on it) lol

Karen - Yes, I am still streaking - I 'think' day 160, I have it written in my calendar but that's in another room   Whoo hoo on the moving dates!!

Marjorie - ugh, sorry about your Dad's fall, hope he listens to you and gets to a PT

Ginny - I have been hearing about the sled banning on the radio.  Ridiculous.  Although I also just read about a principal (forget which state) that gave her inhaler to a student having a severe asthma attack (he had forgotten his), which saved his life.  The parents sued her for not calling them first.  WTH???  I guess the case was thrown out, but what is WRONG with people??

Lisa - safe travels

Hi Camille, Tessa, Carol, Sue, Susan, Damaris...everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

Don't want to jinx things, but I may, caution, just may be back. I ran 8 miles with 10x100 last night, the first run of my training plan for Glass City. And I felt good. Slower than I was doing this workout last year, but good. No pain in my foot, a little hamstring soreness after, but it was in both hamstrings (instead of just the right before my adjustment) and kind of expected since I've been doing almost all short, easy runs since October. Today it's supposed to be sunny and 50, with temps still in the upper 40s by the time I get home, so I'm going to run tomorrow's 9 (snowy with a high of 32 predicted for tomorrow) tonight. If there are any niggles at all, I'll cut it short and then do a short TM run tomorrow night for whatever miles I don't get tonight.

Talked to the HR guy this morning about paperwork for the move. Turns out it will be really easy as I'm not on my company's health insurance (we get it through DH's employer), Texas has no state income tax, etc. He's stopping my pre-tax Metro this month. The lawyers are reviewing the remote employment agreement as we speak. At some point I went from not wanting to move (we're set here, we have friends, we have places, we have routine, etc.) to being excited about it. I don't know when it changed, but I'm glad it did, since the move is happening whether I'm excited about it or pissed about it! DH said he went through the same thing and he's ready to go too.

Judy, I totally understand the hunger, especially today. I went from running no more than 4-5 in the evenings to last night's 8. With 9 planned for tonight. I've eaten all the breakfast I brought, am now snacking on a protein bar, and plan to get some other snacks when I go out for lunch.

Marjorie, I'm sorry to hear about the stuff with your dad. And his wife - how frustrating! I'm feeling very lucky after reading that that my sister is a nurse, and lives in the same town as my parents. I know you're doing everything you can for your dad, but it's got to be tough on you trying to deal with it remotely, trying to get them to understand how important it is to take care of this, and trying to knock sense into your dad's wife.

Lisa, DD is probably not second-guessing her decision to move to Miami right now, is she?

Laura, 160. Just wow.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, this woman is toxic. Sorry. I hope your dad does see reason and goes to PT. BTW did the package arrive at his house?

Karen, natural to be excited now -- especially the prospect of moving away from the winter. Hope it all goes smoothly. And yay for possibly being back! (we still have room if you want to come out for Leona Divide or take another crack at Shadow...)

And yes there was wine involved whilst playing Scrabble.

Lisa, poor DD! She's there for a week?

Laura, that is impressive. 160 days!

Judy, as stated on runango, good idea to add more protein.

4.25 this morning with RN. We went up the road that isn't lit since it was full moon. Two more weeks until Ash Wednesday. I was glad we didn't have RN's dogs with us since a bunny ran across the road and at least one of the dogs would have been after it like a shot. No class tonight so I'm going to go home and bake for Saturday's ultra, I'm doing bag check 4-7 AM which is ungodly early but means I can get there, volunteer, run, and go home. I have a couple of properties to scout for Food Forward over the weekend and an orange pick on Sunday afternoon.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I can't imagine 160 days straight, Laura!

Karen the good thing with fitness is your body remembers. The soreness is just it saying 'I remember how to do this, but a little advanced notice would be nice!'  I know as I've worked in on pace these last few weeks my lungs are saying that same thing. With my strong base my legs haven't been sore. I just notice the heavy workout feeling when I breath deadly. I know they are working to get used to maintaining my paces and to get some speed back.

The dad thing is frustrating. She refuses to see it as a problem. Instead, wants to complain he is no fun or wants to sleep all the time. The sleep is from his meds. The alternative is for him to,be in a lot of pain and the bipolar to not be controlled. My dad is very introverted. He is not a party kind of person. If that is what she wanted she married the wrong guy. I don't think she gets how bad his neuropathies are or the spinal stenosis etc.

Tessa I will ask if he got the package. I forgot to ask dealing with the falling. He has at least agreed to go to PT

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh I ran 5.1

Marjorie

Bikerchick1

Judy - Hope you didn't do any wobbling today!

LCruns - Just, wow, on the 160 days!!!! congratulations.

Lisa - Can only imagine the exchange between you and DD with your comment about the wipers.....assuming there was some eyerolling involved LOL...

Marjorie - Sorry about your father's fall.  His wife sounds very clueless!  Nice job on increasing the pace!

Karen - Glad you are excited about the move!

Tessa - That is very early to get up....but great of you!

I am just now feeling almost recovered....have not ran or done any type of exercise for 9 days!!!!  Cough is pretty much gone, so am going to do cycle/yoga tomorrow.  Then hoping to get some gentle, easy runs in!  I am so thrilled to feel better.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa Dad did get the wood.  He is very thankful. Sorry he has not sent you a thank you note.  he isn't great about doing those kind of things.

Marjorie