Womens Running

Thinking Great Weather Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Fall is such a great time to run.   Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday I left work a little early again and ran out the trail for 60 minutes. Weather was just perfect.

Today will be a shorter run down in the park and out the trail. A friend and I are going to do a 1 mile hike after my run, then dinner.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - You are so right....fall is GREAT for running Smile

Had a great 7 miler with RB last night....weather was perfect, run was great!  Haven't been able to be here much, figuring out that even "small weddings" require alot of planning Shocked   It has been fun, and because DD #1 is a great planner, she is really helping DD#2,  we have all been spending alot of time together.....so I have been thoroughly enjoying that!

Hi to all, sorry no time for personals today...but am answering you all in my head!

Carol

LC Runs

Hi Everyone!

No run for me this morning, I have a head cold and took some NyQuil last night...was very good for sleeping like a rock, which I needed.  I may try and do a short 2-3 this evening.

Judy - 60 minute trail run sounds so peaceful!

Carol - isn't this weather great?  DS 2 had a soccer game last night and it was perfect out.  Glad you and the girls are spending quality time together!

ginnyb

Haven't run at all this week.  This weekend there is a 5K in our town, but it doesn't start till 11, that is late for me.

Hope all have a good day today!

Lisa....good news!  So happy that your felt good yesterday...you're on your way!!!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Another hill work out today. 10.1. Didn't do more as I had a longer drive this am and ATL traffic is so bad you just never know so I needed to leave very early just in case.

Tessa sa hope you get some help. No hospice referral yet?

Lisa glad you got to run on the Alter G

Carol wedding planning is always a lot of work.

Feel better Laura

Marjorie

Good Morning!  3.8 miles this morning.  Taper is hard.  Ran with the group, so I just turned back to the house on the way back instead of running back to the park and then back to the house.  Augusta 70.3 on Sunday!!!

Picked up DS2's truck yesterday evening.  Went to knitting, and kept thinking there was something missing on the dash.  There was this hole....finally realized they forgot to put the temperature control dial back on the A/C!!  Oh good grief!!  Called DS2 and told him not to come for the truck last night.  Will call the shop in a few minutes. Hope they still have it.  Sheesh!!!

Packing for Augusta tonight.   Already have a long list.  Good thing we're going in a big truck!

Ginny--great pic!

Lisa--glad they found you a treadmilll solution.  I know the zero gravity running will really help your head!

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Good morning all,

Running some errands and doing some cleaning this morning, then lunch with a friend, then 12 miles this afternoon. Yesterday's 17 went well - I am loving this fall weather. After today I have 2 easy days leading up to the Cody's Crew 5K. Then two weeks of taper - hooray! Maybe in those two weeks I'll actually get some of those grand plans I made for unemployment done.

Lisa, those anti-gravity treadmills look so cool. So glad you were able to get your run on....and will continue.

Gatsby, good to see you here last night - a welcome midweek surprise! Good luck if you are going to look for a new job. I had gotten pretty miserable at my last job, but would have just stuck it out and wasn't really looking around even though I should have been. So my layoff was probably the best thing that could have happened. Lisa is a great resource for all things job hunting. And if you have ideas, questions, concerns, etc. you want to bounce off someone that's just been through the job search, feel free to PM me.

Carol, glad you're enjoying the wedding prep. And that you're getting to spend time with both DDs doing so.

Susan, I was going to say yay on getting the truck back, but I'll hold off I guess. Sheesh. Good luck in Augusta this weekend! I can't believe it's here already. I have a friend that did IMTx that is doing Augusta as well. I don't think he got the training in he wanted and is hoping he's still got some IM fitness though.

Hi Judy, Ginny, Laura, Marjorie and everyone to follow. I'll probably be back later.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, AC controls have temperature dials? I thought it had two settings: On and Off.

Good luck getting the fix complete.

I did get to the gym at lunch yesterday and did 7.11 miles. For the first time in my life I ran in the gym in a sports bra and shorts. Guess who forgot her T shirt? And I was not about to go buy one since I have enough shirts to do doubles for a month and still not need to do laundry. I was feeling self conscious, but channelled all the strong running women I know and strode out there. Fortunately the bra I had with me was a bra top (something like the ones you wear, Marjorie) and not something that was obviously just a bra.

4.3 with RN today. Going to the gym early because I have several conference calls in succession this afternoon -- which is why I'm in -- and trying to leave on the first bus. DS and DH had a nasty argument last night. DS told DH that he didn't think DH was trying to get better. DH is having a definite "serpent's tooth" moment. Well deserved, I might add, IMHO. And DH is ticked off because I feel DS is more in the right than DH.

Working from home tomorrow, DH has an appointment with his PCP. PCP has not seen DH in seven weeks because DH was in the SNF. I think he (PCP) may be a bit taken aback at how much DH has deteriorated.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, ladies!  Sorry for being MIA.  Busy!  8 miles yesterday and 10 this morning with the last 5 as a progression from MP to HMP.  More tonight with hubby.  Fall is still 3 months away for me.  I am getting depressed with the triple digits and today I ran in 80 dewpoint.  Bah.

judyruns, hope you enjoyed your run today.

Tessa, I'm very sorry for what you're going through.  Hope the PCP helps you getting through to DH.

Carol, nice run.  Yeah, wedding planning sucks.

LC Runs, hope you feel better soon.

Ginny, hope you're resting from the race.  11am is late, that is for sure.

Marjorie, nice job on the run.  We almost ran the same; too bad you're not here.

Sue, LOL.  I would do something like that.  Hope they fixed it by now.

Karen, nice run.  Glad to hear you like the new place.

Damaris

DFL!  Right here!  That's okay, I don't mind shutting down threads.   Didn't sleep well last night so slept in a wee bit and went to 6:00 pm PowerBlast class instead of 5:30 am.  Had to leave work early but who cares.

Karen, I do think it might be a blessing in disguise if I were to get laid off.   At least that way I'd stop moping around about how much I dislike my job.  The law job market is still pretty crappy but I sent out a couple of resumes over the weekend.  Gotta start somewhere.

Tessa, chuckling about your angst at working out in your bra.   I'd feel the same way.

Judy, glad you're out there enjoying the fall weather.

Carol, so nice that the weeding planning has an enjoyable experience (definitely not the case for lots of people, haha)

LC, hopefully the Nyquil + rest will get rid of the cold.

Ginny, hope all's well at the library.

Marjorie, all quiet on the family front?

CrazySue, wowza, a 70.3 tri this weekend?!

Damaris, ugh on triple digit temps.

TGIF in advance!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR