Womens Running

Too Strong Hairspray Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Have you ever bought hairspray that almost propelled you out of the room when you tried to use it?

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

The hairspray debacle was so bad it was funny. They must have overpowered the propellant. I'm going to try and swap it out for something else before I go to the track today.

Monday I did 35 minutes running on the track. The concentration on breathing is helping a great deal.

Track run for me today after work.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Happy Tuesday!

3.1 easy miles this morning.  Another cool, sunny morning.

Judy - that is funny about the hairspray, it's probably because you're so tiny

Lisa - I'm running the Charlevoix marathon, have never been there before, it's supposed to be a really nice course.

Carol - I'm not really nervous about the race.  I'm actually more worried about running it with my friend, I really seem to be more of a solo racer.  We are well matched for shorter runs, but she stops a lot during our LSD, which then causes my legs to tire and cramp.  I have no problem with scheduled walk breaks but she has a mental block after about 8 miles.  I'm not in it for a PR by any means, but I don't want to be out there 2 hours longer than necessary lol.  I am hoping for a time between 4:30-4:45.

Haha about the hairspray, Judy!  Haven't used it in years.

I ran two blocks this morning and the bottom fell out.  I was completely soaked.  Turned back to the house.  Oh well.  Will try today's interval workout tomorrow morning.  This afternoon and evening are booked.

Ugh.  About to call tech support.  Got a cup of tea and my knitting ready...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 tonight with 800s.

Judy, enjoy your workout today.  Nice workout yesterday.  Are you concentrating on specific number of breaths throughout the run?

LC Runs, nice 3.

Sue, sorry about the soaked run.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Hairspray? I haven't used the stuff in years. However, perhaps it was manufactured at sea level on a fair weather day and now you have a low pressure system so there's more pressure inside the can than out?

That's the only thing I can think of other than manufacturer's error.

Susan, when you say the bottom fell out after two blocks and you were soaked, I hope you were referring to the bottom of the cloud rather than your own posterior! Too late to go to the gym, I take it.

Good luck with tech support and the printer.

Laura, never heard of Charlevoix, so have just looked it up and that is way up north -- do you live near there? And can you run on and meet your friend at the finish if you're having a better day than she is, or does she want you to be by her side the whole time?

4 this morning with RN. I am still tired but woke up and hauled out this morning, need to since I have a lunch meeting and class this evening.

Tessa--yes, I was soaked and it was too late to change and go to the gym.  Even my shoes were full of water.  Oh well.

Spent enough time w tech support to get a few rows knitted.  They couldn't figure out the problems.  One of the local IT guys who belongs to the other unit was able to get the old network printer working again and figured out the IP address issue for the new printer.  Nothing is ever easy down here.  HQ thinks we should just be able to plug stuff in and it will work.  Never happens like that.

OMG!!!   My computer would no longer connect to the internet.  Weird messages about my IP address......they assigned MY IP address to the new printer!!  Took me a while to figure out what the stupid message meant.  Walked out to the next room and the IT guy and I both had a simultaneous light bulb moment--they assigned a different IP address to the new printer and now my system works again.  Groan!!!!

Sorry to bore you with the details.  No one else to complain to.  BF still out at sea--comes home tomorrow!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2 with some 400s. An hour of Pilates too.

Hairspray, no Judy but I've had some that were hard to spray.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Ran 4 miles tonight and it was  awful!  This is why I do not run in the evening, I just suck at it!  Sticking to mornings, but I missed this morning and just felt like I needed to get out there.  Work is just getting worse and worse, so I wish I could run at night, to run off some pent up stress, but not gonna work for me.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, sorry work is getting more stressful. Could you do something other than run to work off some stress? Yoga? Swim? Beat the heck out of a pillow?

Susan, oh no on the IP address confusion. You are not a printer! Hope BF arrives back on time.

Marjorie, nice double workout.

Bikerchick1

Judy - That is crazy about the hairspray!

LCruns - Ugh, on the dilemma with RB.  That is hard one for sure.  I admire you for sticking with her, maybe you will be her inspiration and she will pull through just fine!  My RB is doing Charlevoix too.  I think she is planning on 4:40 ish.  She is 64 and has been training with Hansen's method.  I'm sure you will see her on the course, as I don't think it is a big race.

Crazysue - Sorry about the early morning soaking Sad

Ginny -  sorry after work running is not your thing.  I really like getting out of work and heading out, great stress reliever, but I know my legs are more tired then, but I sure sleep better.

tessa - You are busy, busy, busy!

Marjorie - Nice on the 400's & Pilates.

Out for 4 tonight with RB.  Did some speedwork, we were huffing and puffing in the last mile!

Carol