Womens Running

Over 40 1st weekend in January is extreme (Read 18 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ended up with 8 miles (wanted to quit at 6 but continued) but no weights.  I am still sore from Pilates.  That's what I get for telling her I needed to work on inner thighs. 

Lisa, nice workouts.

LC Runs, nice job on the 4.

Tessa, nice 22!  Yes, even me, used to this shitty weather, is hoping for cooler.  Bah.

Night!

Damaris

ginnyb

Still miserable outside, so did 5 on TM.  Wanted to do 6,but I just couldn't stand to do another mile.

Not much going on today, going to color my hair and watch football, knit.  Exciting,huh?

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I have 10 tonight.

Ginny, nice 5.

Damaris

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I ran 13.1 this am.  New shoes are almost there. Another few runs and they will be good

Margaret yes they are for the pups to chew on. Naturally shed by the animals.  Good for the dogs, too. They seem to enjoy them tremendously.

in the 70s today. But by Thursday our high will only be in the 30s.

Tessa nope not miles. I'm not to 40 yet since I didn't run on Friday. I'm just over 33. Stalking the weather is important. We do have extremes this time of year. I'm hoping race day will be really good weather.  The year I did it it was in the upper 20s to start but got into the 50s and was sunny

Ginny I'm lounging around this afternoon. DH vacuumed and had everything loaded into the washer so I just needed to add my running gear when I got home. Was nice that I won't have to do anything the rest of today

Damaris how are the legs today?  Never tell a Pilates instructor what you want to work on!  They will take it to the extreme!

Marjorie

LC Runs

Gatsby - hope you had a fun trail run this morning!

Tessa - awesome 22!

Damaris - great job with the 8! Enjoy the 10 later today.

Ginny - it is so much harder to run on the TM, mentally anyway.  Great job!

4.1 total for me today...I ran outside for 2.1 but was very challenging due to the fluffiness of the snow, Trax wouldn't really grip so was really slippery.  It was fun, though.  Came home and ran another 2 on the TM.  Tomorrow will be back to morning TM runs, at least for a while.  Sigh.

Having a really lazy day today, just trying to soak up the peace and quiet before the craziness starts again tomorrow with kids activities and work.  I have very much enjoyed the past couple of weeks

Hello!  Back from a nice 14.6 mile trail run.  Waterfalls and creeks are flowing and everything is nice and green after the rain a couple weeks ago.  Hope we get more rain as the snowpack is still only half of what it should be and we're going to need that water this summer.

Damaris, I want to start doing more cross training but am dreading the soreness in new places, like you said about your Pilates yesterday.

Tessa, nice 22 miler

Marjorie, just googled and learned that antlers are made of bone, unlike horns which are made of keratin.  So pups would be getting calcium and minerals.  Interesting.

GinnyB, hope you are enjoying your "exciting" day.  Sorry you couldn't get outside for your run.

LC, yes, past couple of weeks have been nice.  Hope you and your kids adjust back to regular routine again.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

7 afternoon trail miles.  Waited for the rain to end.   Hadn't counted on ice on the trails.  made for a slow, traction searching run but also one of those very pretty ones.  Most of trees had sheathes of ice on them that glimmered (no sun so didn't sparkle).  Made for an odd 3D type of experience since branches were outlined ...sort of.  Also made for an interesting moment when I went to put an arm around a small trunk to hang on to as I sidestepped an icy puddle and found that it was coated with ice just like the branches.  (yes, foot got wet)  Sound interesting too.  Quiet meant I was on solid ice so most of time sounded like I was running on potato chips as I stayed to the leafy, frosty, or bumpier edges.  When wind blew heard the frozen branches clicking on each other and the sound of ice falling from trees.  Love sensory runs like these!

That isn't a birch tree, or moss on it.

Was neat to get back to the shelter area and there was a fire in the fireplace. Stretched in front of it.

Hope I don't bore with my trail pics but sometimes the experience is just too darn magical not too.  Especially for those of you in the south.

Gatsby-remember to take pics of those creeks and waterfalls.  If I find branches and twigs to be pretty you can imagine what I would think of waterfalls.

AnnieSusan-getting back to swing of full on work will be tough.  I haven't been completely off but have been on vacation.  Enjoyed sleeping past 4:30am although I don't feel rested because of darn cold. Love running in snow.. but not if you are trying to hit a specific speed or distance.

Margaret-glad to hear the shoes are breaking in for you!

Damaris-good luck on your sore 10.

Ginny-do you change up your speed/incline?  that's the only way I can make it through tm.  Figure your average speed and then start .5 mile/hour slower.  With each .2 or at 2 minutes move it up .1.  Keep doing that until you are .5 over average mph then come back down.  Or do .25 miles at one incline and change it at the next.  Just dividing it up somehow helps.

Tessa-I see that Leona Divide is 50% sold already.

Lisa

Lisa, I love trail running pics in any shape or form, the more the better!. I'd probably wipe out on ice but it looks so pretty in your pics.  Since you asked,  here are some shots from my run (also on FB):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10898105_746204252114540_6097016999508045482_n.jpg?oh=632e4d1eeca833b48b39ca8fdf9dd20b&oe=5544C116&__gda__=1429597642_d8ffa64c502e097930b6d31fd02515b5

Berry Creek Falls

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10891824_746204295447869_8048875185063765588_n.jpg?oh=178279a844078450d54e90b6e17865d7&oe=55210470&__gda__=1429976264_5e25e7177f727ae2879f97ad5b7bb600

Trail to upper falls

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10801993_746204372114528_7835145374585471976_n.jpg?oh=1b9dd20dea0730a342a20fed84216a06&oe=5521E5CC&__gda__=1430448756_500a468f1931725ecf9a723c9762bb80

And climbing back down.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Gatsby, gorgeous pictures!