Womens Running

Prayful and thoughtful Weekend (over 40) (Read 17 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

So much going on. Hugs prayers and thoughts to Judy and for Lisa's friend

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1. We are at the puppy pool

my stomach was really awful. I would have run so much more. It was hard enough to get that distance. I had a wonderful salad. Guess my stomach didn't think it was so wonderful.

Marjorie

Good morning!  Quick check in before heading up to Western States.   An exciting weekend for crazy ultra running folk.

Marjorie, hopefully the stomach issues go away soon.  That really ruins a run.

Have a good weekend everyone.  Be back tomorrow afternoon.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out for a wretched 8 miles this morning. I was just really drained; it was a struggle to get through it. I was glad to have RB with me or it would have been worse. Oh well, it's in the books.

I'm going this afternoon to an event that our local track club puts on. Competitors run a mile, 400 meters, 800 meters, 100 meters, and a 5K, one after the other. One of my friends is running it. She's my RB's SIL, so I'll go with her to spectate. It's fun to watch, but I have no desire to run it!

Lisa - we wound up adapting the Higdon Novice 2 plan to get in a 22 miler. It was the plan that fit the best with both our running schedules. Prayers for your friend.

Marjorie - sorry the stomach wasn't cooperative.

Gatsby - enjoy Western States. That sounds like it would be fun, even with the overnight aspect.

Off to be productive-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

camille2

Judy, I'm still thinking about you and hope you're getting some rest.

Lisa, good luck to your friend. Thanks...it IS so nice to be running (even if a lot of walking) again!  Today, I'm feeling pretty good about the half I mentioned but I'll see how hip is in a.m.  Tues, I walked in pm after run/walk in a.m and ended up with over 10 for the day if I include the walk. I know I may have to walk part.

Gatsby, good luck at Western States!  I'm glad it's going to be "cool" for you.

Marjorie, I'm so sorry about your gut.  Is it worse in heat?

Cindy, that's an interesting race. I don't think I've heard of one like it before.  On the 8 miler...if it was wretched today, the next one is bound to be good. It's a rule.

I woke to a beyond spectacular morning. 50's and clear skies...perfect for running.  I'd thought about going to a small town north of here for a 5k, but the choice of a 5k on residential streets vs a run on the Coastal Trail on a clear day like today was no contest and I did 8 on the bike trail. I missed a half mile marker and ended up further out than intended so walked the last 1.5.  A little of the Alaska Range to the north, including Denali, was peaking thru and the Chugach Mountains to the east were clear. No moose on the trail, but otherwise a  very rare perfect morning.   I'm going out in the RV tonight. I am thinking of selling it so need to spend the time cleaning it up.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Woke up with a headache and exhausted after 8 hours of sleep.  So, I am taking a URD and enjoying a comedy show tonight with my friend/neighbor/cat sitter.  We should have a nice girls' night out.  I'll try my LR tomorrow and make it a cutback week.  I am exhausted from work.

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.  Hope she pulls through this setback.

Judy, still thinking of you.

Marjorie, nice run.  Sorry about the stomach.

Gatsby, have fun!

Cindy, I think the weather is having a lot to do with how draining these runs are getting, no?  Still, good job.

Camille, nice weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Just wanted to stop by and send my thoughts to Judy and for Lisa's friend.

Lisa...DD's DH is an alcoholic also,   been dry about 5 years now I would say, but you just never know.  Glad she has you as her friend!

I got up early this morning to help my dear friend, who is going through a divorce, move.  Probably not the brightest move on my part since I have my race tomorrow, but we were done by noon.  What is nice is that she moved into an apartment about a block from me!  We work together at the library.  Never fun to go through a divorce, but she is 60, by then you figure you are pretty set, but had to be done.

Bye until tomorrow.  I hope I have a good RR.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Judy - Sending prayers your way....so hard.

Lisa - Ugh, on your DF also, hope she is able to find her way back.

Camille - Alaska sounds so wonderful!

Ginny - Good luck on your race tomorrow!!!  How nice of you to help your DF move.  Divorce at 60...you would think you would be set, but sometimes, agree, has to be done.  I think people realize life is short...no need to be miserable.

Cindy - sorry on the miserable 8 miler Sad    I really like Hal Higdon's plans, so good choice Smile

Marjorie - Booo, on the stomach problems.  Hope it is better tomorrow.

Damarias - Think an URD is in order for you!

Today - decided to hang out with DD's, and Aly, and then bike ride with DH tonight.  Have 12 miles tomorrow with RB's.

Hot and humid here...

Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, I am sorry for your friend. Divorce isn't easy at any age, it must be even harder if they had been together a long time.

Thinking of Judy and of Lisa's friend.

Cindy, I don't think i would enjoy all those different races, but I'm sure they're interesting to watch.

Camille, sounds like a lovely day!

Gatsby, have fun at Western States.

Damaris, you must need a cat sitter frequently -- good that you have one you like!

Marjorie, sorry the run was so sucky. I hope the next one is better.

Carol, enjoy tomorrow's run.

11 miles this morning, I had to be back early to shower and head out to a pick leader training for Food Forward. That was an hour away. I've been meaning to get involved with this group for some time, I've been on their mailing list for two years, but haven't been able to until recently. I went to a backyard pick and that was fun and fulfilling, I do hate seeing fruit on backyard trees go to waste because the owners can't use it. The last pick I was at we picked three backyard orange trees and got a half a ton of fruit to go to food pantries. And pick leaders is what they're shortest of -- they have volunteers who can't sign up because the picks are full, and they have an extensive roster of trees needing picking, but they need more people to organise and lead picks by bringing the equipment and telling people what to do and acting as a liaison between the various entities involved. I think I can do that.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I went outside to do my LR at 5:30am and the smoke from the fires in the Everglades were out in full force (it is still smokey out there).  Asthma and that do not mix so I nixed my morning LR.  I'll try to hit the TM tonight and see how far I can make it in it.

Good luck, Ginny!

Tessa, Nice 11.

Carol, hiya!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Ran the half this morning.  It wasn't pretty ladies.  Very warm and humid.  Apparently I love the heat but the heat doesn't love me.  At lot of cramping going on.  I really thought I was  doing my worse ever, but it wasn't the worse, close, but not  the worst.  As I crossed the finish line though they said" Ginny Bess and she will be on the podium! " I couldn't believe it.  I was so excited.....when the time came however, to get on said podium, I was cramping so bad I couldn't make it up the steps....bummer!  Missed my little taste of glory, no pic, or anything.  I literally could not move.  Will do RR later on.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Ginny - Congrats!!!!  You should be so proud of yourself!!!! Sorry about the cramping though.  If your weather was like it ours here....it was HOT & HUMID....

LCruns - In case you check in.....the lady in the gray shirt/capris was my RB Smile  She remembered passing you two, and commenting. Too funny.

Out for 12 this am....holy hot....the humidity was about 90%....ran with 2 RB's, was glad I was out there with someone, otherwise would have been easy to bail.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Stomach was fine. Fott, not so much. But still wasn't a bad run. Several stops to let the foot stop bothering me.

Gatsby yes, it does impact a run a lot. Unfortunate for me something I have always delt with. My list of things I cannot eat is very long. Now I get to add salads. I knew argue was not good but apparently romaine is now also on the list.

Cindy sorry the the eight wasn't your best

Camille no. Heat doesn't impact it at all. My stomach just acts up. It is all food related.

Damaris did the headache go away?  Saw the Everglades are on fire again. Hope your breathing is okay today.

Ginny way to go. Running a half in heat isn't easy !

Tessa that is so cool. Yes, you are a great leader.

Carol saw Mi is getting higher dew points today. Way to stick it out.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Yeap, that was the smoke that came out this morning.  Hope it's gone by tonight.  Ugh.

Ginny, great job under tough conditions!

Carol, nice job!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, hope the fires are out. Scary.

Ginny, sorry you could not make it up to the podium, but the results will have your name and you know you ran hard. Good for you.

Carol and Laura, how funny.

Ran 5.2 with the lady from church who wants to do the half in November. I need to think up initials for her. SRB -- Sunday Running Buddy -- maybe. Judy already has Sunday Buddy. Now another woman from WW wants to join us. We might have a group going soon!