Womens Running

IT'S FRIDAY DIVAS!! (Read 16 times)

lizo_77

post ladies!

POrun

Happy Friday!!!!

Hi Lizo!!!

RR: Running 5 easy tonight. It was 61deg this morning! So kicking myself for not just running then! Tomorrow is 11 miles with DH, then Sunday is Run 3, bike 30, run 3.

NRR: Work, then who knows what, but not work! It's been a crazy week, and I'm really glad I get to "calm down" with my schedule for the next few weeks.

Have a great day ladies!

lizo_77

RR: did 3.6 miles last night at the gym. it felt pretty darn good to run like that. today it will probably be about 3 miles over noon, then weights with M tonight.  It's friday! so soo glad.

NRR: work day. have a meeting at 8.30 and otherwise, have three projects I need to spend some quality time on.  hoping to be productive!! we have no real plans for the weekend or at least for saturday. so the goal is to relax. sunday I have to shadow a producer at church so I can learn what has changed in our process. I get to produce next week, so I need to know what is involved. then after church M and I are going through an orientation/ training for a volunteer "oil change for widows and single moms" event that's happening on oct 26 I think. We signed up to volunteer for that. M is pretty pumped about it. Should be.... interesting...

Otherwise, maybe some yard work, just to get outside and enjoy the outdoors.

RR2: sort of... I'm signing up for the Fargo marathon next spring! Smile I haven't yet, and training does start till something like November 27, but I'm glad I've committed to a race. It's already making me more motivated to run longer and do some speed stuff. That's the kick in the pants I needed.

ok. later!

LucyBelle

Good morning!

POrun: Happy relaxing! Although Sunday's workout sounds like a beast!

Lizo: Hooray for a running goal! Enjoy your weekend!!!

RR: Ran yesterday morning. Core workout today. Enjoying the Nike Training Club app for ST.

NRR: Still having the worst case of PMS ever. It's been 2 weeks of PMS with AF playing hide-and-seek. (And I'm definitely not pregnant!) So frustrating. At least it's the weekend! I'm working today and then visiting my sister and nephew for a bit. Then I hope to come home, have a glass of wine, and chill on the couch! I'm reading a really good book so I can't wait to get back to it tonight. I sound like a loser...

HAPPY FRIDAY! Big grin

monk717

Happy Friday!

RR: Planning on 6.5 or 7 early tomorrow.

NRR: I think P's in another growth spurt, he ate a ton for dinner last night, was up to eat in the middle of the night and ate a ton at breakfast. We're starting to transition him into the kids room (instead of ours) for good this time... hopefully. That keeps changing when one or both of the kids are not sleeping well.

So DH did apply to his old job last week and now this week another really good job opportunity has come up. One of his former coworkers put in a good word for him at her new company and has been bugging DH about it for a month even though he told her the timing isn't right. Well, he decided to look into it and is going in Monday for an informal meeting to look around, talk to people and schedule a formal interview if he likes what he sees. The vibes are that the money would be good, so hopefully he'll have a job here soon. We've done OK for the time he's been unemployed but its been almost a year and the severance is gone and unemployment may be ending in December.

We're so excited for the weekend! Tomorrow we're going to buy A her halloween costume and some decorations for the house and then to the pumpkin patch! Just need to get through Friday first...

PO: I'm glad your schedule is calming down! Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

lizo: YAY for committing to a spring race! I wish I could commit to a spring race so early. The volunteering and producing sounds pretty cool.

lucy: I'd LOVE to sit on the couch with a glass of wine and a good book... anytime I get to sit on the couch now though I really should be laying in bed, lol. Sorry about the PMS.

MA runner girl

Good morning ladies!

RR: Oye, I think I'm in a world of trouble tomorrow. But I'm not thinking about it. 5.7 miles with DH's cousin to finish the Hartford marathon. This is my 6th year running there! Smile

NRR: I am finally feeling mostly normal! Yay I can breath! C is mostly better too, though he still has a lingering cough. Today I have a gyno appt. And then we are going to the expo and then home to make dinner. DH's cousin is coming over, I think she might stay over, it's kinda up in the air because we were sick. We'll see. Tomorrow is the marathon, my parents are coming to watch C and meet us at the finish (DH is on call). Then my cousin's 30th birthday party is in the evening. Looking forward to having a low key Sunday. Though I still have 3.5 hours to work Sad

Gotta go, C is up. Have a great day!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD.  My new ST routine kicked my butt yesterday. It's challenging and I love it!!  Jogs with Dogs and yoga tomorrow, and my long run on Sunday.

NRR: I didn't get out of bed until 8:30 this morning, and it was awesome! I am "working from home" today, meaning I really want to take care of stuff around the house and run errands, etc.

PO - Oh man, 61 degrees is perfect!  I'm glad you have not much to look forward to, busy-wise. Life can get exhausting sometimes.

Lizo - Hurray for the running goal! I know I have been SUPER motivated with my running lately, because it's going towards something, as opposed to the regular "I'm a runner and I run".

Lucy - I hope AF comes soon. If it makes you feel any better, I have been putting on a serious feed bag all week this week, and I think hormones are to blame.

Monk - Ooh that's exciting job news for DH. I hope something pans out quickly.

MA - Glad to hear you are feeling better, and I hope you survive the end of the marathon tomorrow. And wow, with C pulling himself up... jeez that kid.

SassySparky

Hey ladies! Sorry for the late check-in, it's been a hectic day.

RR: Did 4 easy miles this morning, tomorrow is 14. I liked having two cutback weeks in a row but I'm ready for the challenge of next week with 40 miles and my 20 miler!!!

RR2: My tempo run left me pretty sore yesterday! Haha, then I realized that it's because I actually ran it correctly and hit my paces, whereas I normally don't. Also I ran 6 miles with 4 at tempo only 30 seconds slower than a 10K I raced in June, so I've definitely gotten faster.

NRR: Busy day at work with lab meeting, seminar, then lunch with the speaker, then had to work with my undergrad. Just sitting down for the first time to try and get some of my own work done. Phew. Our house passed inspection today! Now I just hope that the termite check and the bank appraisal go well.

PO - yeah you gotta enjoy those cool mornings when you can! Enjoy your easy three weeks before class starts up again.

Lizo - So glad for Friday here too! That's an interesting church event, but it makes sense. Congrats on signing up for a spring marathon!

Lucy - Hmmm I like that you always have an ST app, that's a good idea! Enjoy the family time!

Monk - those growth spurts are tricky and good luck transition him to the kids room.

MA - You can do it!!! I hope you can finish your work hours for the week.

OWR - Dd you make up your routine or did you get one from a trainer/book/magazine? I started really focusing on upperbody and I have worked up to two sets of 15 REAL pushups and my shoulders are aching. I also started doing shouler raises so that contributed, I'm sure.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

lizo_77

what a day.....

hope you all had a good one!