Womens Running

Technology Thursday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

In honor of the fact that with all of our technological advances the most commonly talked about thing is still the weather.  hot, cold, wet, dry, snowy, windy, icy, good, or bad. We can't change it and can barely seem to predict it correctly.

Just an observation. Now I need to check weather.com.

Heading to the gym.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, it is still *It might rain or it might not rain.*. 

Yesterday I went and got my mammogram so hopefully that will be done for the year.

Today I hope to do a good hard cardio/run DVD session with a little bit more of XT as well.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Been under the weather for the past couple of days, not really sick, just not feeling "right".  Seem to be better this morning.  Have not exercised in a week.

Lisa...love your observations and how you express them.

Damaris....glad you are recovering so well!  Take it easy though, you will get back to running when the time is right.

Tessa....hugs to you.  Glad you got to go on a couple long runs, you need them.

Sorry for lack of more personals, but hello to everyone.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

LIsa - Lot to talk about with the weather this...or maybe not, and just a broken record.....snow, snow, and then snow again!  Of course, can't wait for the freezing rain and wind headed for us now 

Judy - It is always nice to get health screenings our of the way!  Enjoy your work out.

Had a wonderful 6 mile run in the sun and 40ish degree yesterday....crazy - actually wore normal shoes with no SCREWS in them!  Am so excited today as I am starting a week of vacation!!!  We were planning on a trip but are just going to do a "staycation"....I have alot of things I want to do around the house and have some daytrips planned.

Have a great Thursday!

Carol

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!

4 TM miles.  Back to rain,ice, snow, wind.....

Lisa - this weather is something else....was so nice yesterday, sigh

Judy - have a great workout

Ginny - glad you are feeling a bit better.  I have some congestion/cough thing going on, not sure what that's about, I feel fine otherwise

Carol - ahhhh, yesterday was fabulous!  Enjoy your staycation!!

Good Morning!  Decided to run after work today.  The weather has been near 70 so it will be nice to run outside.  Plus, I am always worried I will fall off the treadmill doing speedwork.  I haven't been running outside early in the mornings lately--seen a few creepy guys out.  Plus, it is really foggy this week--don't want to get hit.

Damaris--glad you are recovering without the pain meds.  Just take it easy and rest!  Wink

Carol--enjoy the staycation!  I had Monday off and it was fabulous to do work around the house.

Tessa--you are such a strong woman!  Is hospice/home health coming more often now?

Y'all have a great Thursday!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Doggies are basking in the door and the sunlight. Hammy wants to lay  in the grass.  Poor guy won't be able to for long as the pollen is starting. Don't want him to get hot spots again this year. The baby wipes are ready to go to hopefully avoid that.

Lisa I'd guess flooding is just around the corner looking at the potential rain but also all the ice on the lakes. i remember it being May/June and seeing chunks of ice floating down the Great Lakes. My grandmother had a home off one of the tributary rivers and had pictures of us in shorts but big chicks of ice in the background.

Ginny hope the weather improves and you feel better.

Hi everyone else

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Hi all,

Dentist appointment this morning. I broke a tooth a couple weeks ago, and I hadn't been to the dentist in years (I know I should have been going, but.....). So now I'm going back next week for a cleaning, then a few weeks later for a crown most likely, slight chance of root canal, then back after that to fix two fillings. My plan hope was to get up at my normal time and run before going to my 8:30 appointment. But I woke up still stiff and sore from last nights 10 with 5 at HMP. I can't believe I ran a half last spring at that pace, because last night 5 miles nearly killed me. I won't have much time to run after work because I have a late afternoon meeting (11 on the schedule and I was hoping to do at least half of them this morning), so I'm going to switch workouts and do an hour on the bike tonight and run the 11 tomorrow night.

Speaking of the weather, we've had a couple days in the 50s and more expected through the weekend before we turn cold again. I think most of our snow (and we had well over a foot, which is a lot for this area) will be gone today. Next week is cold, but looks mostly dry. I would like spring now - these warmer days are going to make next weeks cold even harder!

Carol, a stay-cation sounds really really nice. I like my job, but I do miss the time off I had over the summer. I just scheduled a lunch date with my former coworker that got laid off when I did and am looking forward to catching up with her. And being a little bit jealous that she's still off work (she's 65, enjoying the unemployment, and deciding whether or not she wants to go back to work).

Ginny, glad you're feeling better. I think I'm coming down with another cold.

Hi Lisa, Judy, Laura, Susan and Marjorie!

Damaris, (from yesterday), sounds like you are well on your way to recovery. Glad to hear it!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel