Womens Running

Flying Egg Friday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

No clue what that comes from but saw it in quick scan yesterday.  Hope it's not some horrible thing I'm pulling up.

Busy week with a new intern starting, weather (redundantly bad) and traffic tie ups.  20 minute commute took 2 hours last night and we had good weather (cold but no snow) but a darn steel hauling semi overturned with rolls of steel closing down entire freeway for 4 hours.  No injuries but lost of tie ups with traffic on not well cleared side roads from Wednesdays 6+ inch snowfall.  Today no snow but it's a feels like -15 at the present moment.  Seems like if it's "warm" (over 10) we have snow, if it's not snowing it's because it's too cold to snow.

Ginny-I'm ready for that run!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, I know what you are talking about with the excessive cold and snow. I am so bundled up everywhere I go that I almost can't move.

Yesterday, after a quick trip to the grocery, I had a great run at the track for 40 minutes. The run started fast with a friend with whom I have run in the past. My neighbor joined us for the last 2 laps. We had a great time.

Today will be a light, easy run at the track after work. I hope to work on some yoga at home tonight.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Hi Lisa and Judy!!  I am with you on the cold and snow...enough already   Is the flying egg is reference to Tessa and her DH??  LOL

4 on TM.   Planning on outside runs this weekend, RB and I start marathon training in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahaha - thanks Lisa! Yes, Flying Eggs Friday is in honor of Tessa. And her DH should feel lucky we aren't going to have Soaring Skillet Saturday tomorrow!!

Morning all, cold here but at least no rain or snow. In fact I think I saw some blue sky out there. SRD for me today, much needed. My legs are pretty fried. 5K tomorrow, possibly in snow. Now to deal with someone that "distinctly remembers" being told something in his training class over 3 years ago that is completely against what the program guidelines say. It has to do with his recertification, so he apparently went off on the program administrator yesterday and asked that I call him. Sorry dude, but the guidelines rule. Part of the reason a certification program works is because we follow the same rules for everyone. Sigh. 98% of the time I still like my job, but occasionally I have to deal with whiny people like this and I hate it. This is why I like jobs that don't deal with the public.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good Morning!!  After three snoozes, I made it to the pool.  Yay the heater is fixed!  Felt good.

I don't feel like being at work today.  May bail at lunch.  Wink

Happy Friday!

camille2

LOL...love it!  Great titles, Karen! Why not have a Soaring Skillet Sat?  We've all been tempted.

Great news from here...I ran yesterday!  OK... maybe it was only about 100' at PT, but it made still made me smile. He said I can do 1/2  mile on flat ground every other day for the next few days.

Lisa, Judy, Laura and Ginny,  spring is coming!  Hang in there!

Tessa and Gatsby, it sounds like the weather is about to give California a gift of rain.

Marjorie, did you make it home OK?  Bet the pups were happy.

Sue, that was a great pic  of you in the skirt.  Nice job.

Karen, good luck dealing with the guy.  That's why guidelines are published and not word of mouth.

OK...I have an exercise for you.  Put two cones (or something else 10-12 inches high) about 12-18" in front of you and about a foot apart (approximate measurements). Balance on rt foot and bend over to touch one, twist to touch the other, then straighten up, keeping only one foot on ground. Do 30 without touching Lt foot down.  That was my new exercise yesterday... fail.  And  I'd been feeling so strong. No gloating if it's easy for you.  : )

Arimathea

Tessa

Thanks Lisa! Go back and read Tuesday's and Wednesday's threads. It was Wednesday, I think, though the incident happened Tuesday morning.

Karen, you've met DH (and he has only got worse) so you can imagine how ticked off I was. Soaring Skillet Saturday sounds like a good idea.

Tell whiny guy no documentation, didn't happen.

Susan, please tell me you weren't swimming in an unheated pool before the heater got fixed.

Camille, not sure I could do that exercise. Especially not without the person across the way from me staring in disbelief.

Gatsby, you are right -- needed rain but everything is in bloom months too early.

Judy, I had to snicker at the thought of you all bundled up.

Laura, your consistent 4 is good -- I feel like a broken record sometimes too, since RN's and my routes tend to hover right around 4.

3.2 this morning. Woke up a little late. But done.

Swearing at my coworkers. Way too many people are streaming the Olympics and it is slowing the Internet noticeably.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2 miles.  Finally my speed is coming back.  Not exactly where it needs to be but it is a ton better.

Listening to a webinar on a subject that has nothing to do with what we do but my boss wanted one of us on.  Sigh.  I'm getting nothing out of it

Lisa, by now you know it was all related to throwing eggs at Tessa's husband.

Laura exciting to be able to start marathon training soon

Karen I get that stuff all the time of "but I heard......"  or even better when they pull out a memo from 12 years ago and think that it is still valid.  Sometime it is but regulations change so much that often times it has been changed and they aren't looking at the most recent memos

Camille, yes.  I got home after midnight.  Quincy was thrilled.  He always is. That is a tough exercise for most people to do

Tessa I imagine that the streaming is slowing everything down!

Marjorie

DD #2 had a hurling hot dog event.  ketchup touched (the horror) the bun when she was a kid and she through the hot dog at DH.  Whatever satisfaction she felt at the time has long since been replaced with embarrassment of hearing the story over and over and over.

At young dd's forensic tournament as a driver/chaperone. will be observing tomorrow to get time in for judging.  DD's not competing yet but will be soon.

did 4 miles on tm this morning.  got colder and I wasn't about to run outside.

Lisa