Womens Running

Tuesday Is With Us (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday a friend and I did 35 minutes running on the track. The track itself is the same, but all the other areas are now a special rubberized stuff. (*Stuff* is a technical term. Big grin) Afterwards, I went home and tried a 30 minute *walk* DVD borrowed from my library. I still like the ones I already have more though.

Run, then cardio today after work. Study session tonight on my favorite history topic.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Judy - Is it a formal group that does a study session?  Sounds interesting.

Lisa - Sounds like some crazy times for you down there!  We all have the days where we don't count the candy bars....at least I do Wink

Camille/Lisa - Thanks for the ideas, and suggestion re: the staff person to help.  There is a rest. on site, and a room that we have use of all week-end (but we can't bring our own food in to the room b/o health dept. regulations) they would do any type of food however.  Think I will spend the extra $ and have them do some type of lunch for Sat.  The groom's mom is doing some kind of bagel breakfast.  It's only $....right..

Did a little "shake out" run  last night....legs were a little dead....was supposed to be a rest day....but the weather was gorgeous, decided to go out, and take today as rest day Smile

Off to work!  have a great day.

Carol

Brought Bandie with me so did that work, bridges, balance stuff in room using what was available now on bike in hotel gym. (Why do they have such crappy stations available in these rooms?). Will use elliptical in here also.

interesting to note ( at least to people like us) was dress shoe shopping. Apparently my feet have shrunk since not running. 1/2 to a full size depending in style. No kidding.

Will be on feet all day at Northwestern then 9pm flight back to Detroit. Groan.

Carol- for the house post wedding party up north sister did lots of prework and used premade stuff.

Lisa

LC Runs

Morning Smile

4.2 run today, quite a nice morning out there.

Judy - the track sounds like it would be beneficial for your feet/joints

Carol - wedding plans are coming together well it sounds like

Lisa - weird about your feet!   Safe travels

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Good morning.

Did is a great 11.1 this am before work.

Lisa as you will get back to runs sooner than you think. Interesting shrinking feet. Hotel workout spaces are often terrible.

nice run Laura

Have ve a great day Judy and Carol.

Marjorie

Howdy!   Had a great Augusta Ironman 70.3!

Drove with my running buddies Friday night for a few hours, spent the night somewhere near Atlanta and drove to Augusta Saturday morning.  Did the packet pickup, expo was actually a little larger than I thought it would be.  Took our bikes to transition and then went to check out the swim area.  Checked into the hotel, ended up just going to get pizza since everything else was packed, which was fine with me--I run well on pizza.

Race morning we went back to transition, set up gear and headed to the swim start.  Mark drove the truck so we got to sit for a while waiting for the start.  They had 3 or 4 sky divers and we could see them really well.  Cool.  The old people were in the early swim waves, so I met one of my buddies and we were off.  The swim started on a floating dock and we swam down river.  Glad I had a wet suit.  Water was about 70F, not cold, but I enjoyed the buoyancy.  I had a nice relaxed swim--28 minutes for 1.2 miles!  Came out of the water, hit the wetsuit strippers (great!) and got on my bike.  T:1 5:51

Enjoyed the bike route.  Out of town and along the country.  Part of the course was through South Carolina.  Weather stayed in the mid 70s-low 80s the entire day, so that really helped.  Rolling hills--I went so fast down some hills--scary fast!  I thought the aid stations were a little far--I think 20 and 40 miles.  Snatched my drinks at both stations, but the second station was at the top of a hill (what idiot did that??) and I ran over a drink bottle at the end of the station but didn't wipe out, so that was a relief.  Around mile 52(?) rode back across the Savannah River --so pretty!  56 mile bike was 3:11:47.

T2:  6:02  Potty stop included.

Hit transition and headed out for the run.  The course was through the Augusta downtown area--pretty and fairly shady.  Lots of aid stations, great crowd support.  I was good till about mile 7.   Ran/walked after that.  Was so happy to cross the finish line.  13.1:  2:23:26

Overall time was 6:16:01.  I felt pretty good afterwards, just tired.  Beer, pizza and massage were great.  Found my running buddies, collected the bikes and went back to the hotel.  Our group met for dinner, spent the night --thank goodness!!!  We would never have been able to sit in the truck 9 hours after the race.

Really happy with my time.  54 minutes faster than the Panama City 70.3 last year.  Wink

Yesterday we stopped at Ikea in Atlanta for lunch and a shopping excursion.  Got home around dinner time.  Dogs were thrilled to see me.  Got every thing unpacked, rinsed out the wetsuit.  Was up early this morning so I went for a 3.25mile recovery run.  Felt good to get out and stretch.

My office is one of the few government agencies that has been deemed "exempt" so I will work through the shutdown.  Gonna be pretty quiet around here. ......

Have a great day!

Arimathea

Tessa

Hello everyone. Bad forumite me. I haven't been on since Thursday. Friday DH went to the doctor. He fell in the parking lot. Refused to go to the hospital despite a blood pressure of 68/54. Dr was horrified. Referred to hospice. Monday morning we gave DH one last chance (though he wasn't capable of comprehending it). He complained of neck and shoulder pain. Home health nurse and I called 911 to try to get him transported to hospital. EMTs and ambulance arrived. He refused, flat out, to go back to the hospital. Nothing doing.

So I called the nurse care manager at our insurer and she contacted hospice. Events set in motion. Administrator came over within two hours and talked to me and DH and got all the paperwork signed. Admissions nurse showed up a little later and started assessing DH. About 30 minutes in I had to go in to work because I have a class Monday nights and this one has no wiggle room -- they are preparing for a national exam for which the test window is October 15-December 15 and the syllabus has us finishing on December 9th.

In six hours Sunday night I was interrupted 12 times. I am exhausted.

Oh, and I was working from home as well and it was the end of both the month and the quarter.

DH is not really aware of what hospice is, but he heard he could get pain relief for his neck and shoulder and the sore on his tailbone and he was happy. He also liked the idea of being taken care of in home rather than in a hospital. He still thinks he is going to get better. I would like to talk to the nurse and see what she thinks his chances are.

Thanks for asking, everyone. I'm OK. DS is relieved. It would have been easier in the short run to have DH hospitalized and have a feeding tube put in, but that would cause him a lot of pain and cost a great deal of money and in the end the outcome would be the same -- he's not likely to recover.

Oh -- 5.5 miles yesterday morning, 4 this morning with RN.

Tessa--I have been thinking of you and DH.  Keeping you in my prayers.

You are such a strong woman!  Does hospice stay with him full time?

ginnyb

Well Tessa, at least you have help now.  Hospice is wonderful, at least they were with my Dad, took a lot of the burden off of me.

Lisa...sounds like you are finally on the upswing of this knee thing!

Sue...great on your 70.3!  Awesome!

Karen... you just keep getting better and better.  What a year for you!

I haven't posted in a few days.  Wasn't exercising or running or anything, just needed a break I think.  Did go to the gym this morning and worked out with trainer again.  Worked the legs, tomorrow getting out of bed should be interesting.  I really enjoy the trainer, because everytime I go he has different things for me to do, so makes the time go really fast.  Today I was tossing around some kind of ball twisting and turning as I threw...it was fun.  Did some machines and last time free weights, wish I could afford him for an hour and 2 times a week, but I can't....will have to get there and work out on my own, which won't be as fun.  I really like how I feel when I am done...

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  I had a horrible day yesterday with us preparing for the government shutdown and me preparing for trial tomorrow in case of no shutdown because opposing counsel did not want to agree to move it.  We ended up filing a motion to stay the trial today, he opposed it saying the fact that the law prohibits me from attending the trial does not mean I shouldn't attend the trial, and I won.  And I was furloughed this morning until the office reopens.  Fun during taper, not.

judyruns, hope your study session went well.

Carol, glad to hear the shakeout went well despite dead legs.

Lisa, hope you're not too tired for the flight.

LC Runs, nice run.

Marjorie, hiya.

Sue, great job on the IM!  Congrats!

Tessa, hospice from home is a good choice.  I am glad you have help now.  Hugs.

Ginny, sounds like the break help.

OK, will go back and read yesterday's and weekend's thread.  I'm behind!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page